Overwatch, Blizzards team based shooter thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 13, 2015.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I'm not sure what they would do but they have said boosting her damage output isn't it.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    heh couldn't agree with you more on McCree... his stun grenade is so op that once he hits you with it and you're neither healed or accompanied by a team, you're done. Nothing can save you from McCree... that's why I think he's too strong, it's easier to dodge the hook for instance than his grenade... happend to me a few times, he throws the grenade past me, and by far, and I'm still stunned and killed.

And yes, D.va has her applications, and tbh I don't think she's all too weak, yet she's the most tricky tank to play to your team's advantage, since she neither deals massive damage, nor has incredible staying power. She's mobile, so imho D.va is better as a second tank for the team, not the only one.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    D.VA is my main, shes not even a tank shes more of a disrupter like tracer, people are moaning to buff her because they don't know how to play her they stand still and try to "tank" a tone of damage.

Use her movability get in peoples faces not only does her boost disrupt people it does damage and knock back up close she shreads a lot of heros and lets not forget her reflect skill which she can use while boosting towards bastions and the like nothing better than reflecting ults like roadhogs and pharas right back at them.

Oh and lets not forget she has infinite lives if played properly her mobility outside the suit is crazy and her pistol even ****s up tanks.

But what ever buff her sure the people who can't play her will still think shes "under powered"

4. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac

I am pretty sure her E does not reflect anything but absorbs everything.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    True, it 'just' blocks almost every thing, besides lightning / beam weapons, or area damage. It counters a lot of ultis, only that usually you have to do it properly because the block doesn't hold as long as Pharah's or Roadhog's ultis, for instance. You block Bastion's damage too, only that you can't shoot to kill him, and if you end up next to him, both at full health, and he shoots at you and vice versa, you're dead. He puts out 400 damage faster than D.va does with 300, unfortunately.

Still you are absolutely 100% right about D.va being a mobile character, her greatest strength... block with the 'shield' while your guys kill the enemy, then drift off for health and come back in 10 seconds, love to do that. I only got to figure out how to use that ulti besides denying the enemy movement or proximity to the payload, or healing my mech up to full afterwards, of course it's more difficult to catch people off guard with generally improving knowledge of the game across players.

My most played character too, <3 D.va

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Best to use the charge and shield at the same time against bastion it will deal damage then and you can normally out move him if right in his face if you keep moving or force him out of turret mode.

and yeah your right its not the shield doing the damage its the boost but i still stand by her been a great hero, I pretty much constant do very well with her and she can easy win games.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I find D'va's ult easy to evade, it is pretty good at clearing enemies from your point though.

Sure you can also combine her ult with that Russian woman if you coordinate it right.

I'm starting to play D.va alot more now.

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, imho she's not that underpowered, actually I've got a 2.4 kdr and my longest kill streak of 25 with her. Only a bit sorry that the leg skin I got for her is B.va...

Yeah, Zarya's ulti helps with that, yet the best guess is to launch D.va with the jets, and throw that evil bomb over half the map... if done right, it lands in front of people and they have too little time to escape. Or you kill them when they get out of the spawn, stuff like that. Also, if you happen to get D.va's ulti off in mid air, it can catch people behind the payload too, whereas they can hide behind it if they know the mech bomb is coming.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Carrot Legs hehe..

[​IMG]

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O

11. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
  12. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    that ranking is just based on your score..which is just time=reward system...not like a proper ranking system which should flow in once ranking / ladders pop up by blizzard.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  14. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Playing as Genji:

How I want to play

How I actually play

15. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I didn't realize you could be so mobile with genji. I thought I was decent with him but this is some next level play.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wow... got two legendary drops, first one was already there so I got ridiculous 200 credits for it, then the next leg drop for 500 credits... I am so disappointed to have NOTHING out of two legendary drops... I can't even craft one after that... this is simply S.H.-IT, thanks for nothing drop system...

17. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    man having a blast with Reaper at the moment, when he sneaks in and get his ultimate off...and people react too late...fun times

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I don't even need to watch it to see what it is about. Pressing a single button :rolleyes:

19. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I can almost never get his ultimate off but I do amazing just killing folk all regular like with him. I frequently get PotG with him without any ultimates.

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Then you are the exception my friend. Usually a Reaper potg is beaming somewhere up, jumping down and pressing ulti button. At times followed by finishing another guy off then, but that's it :D