The GTX 1080 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bugsixx, May 7, 2016.

1. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    @Netherwind I'm jealous.

@GhostXL Don't get me wrong, i love the reference design, how it looks, i also love that logo. It has that "no tampering has been done to it" feel. It's the "original" thing right there.But that price man, i feel cheated if i buy it considering custom boards are superior in thermals/noise and somewhat cheaper.

If it was a bit cheaper i'd buy it no problem, ESPECIALLY since the 10 series don't benefit much from superior PCB layouts when it comes to overclocking.

2. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    A couple of people waiting for that card posted on the forum got there dispatch email :)

#1327 & post #1329

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18732799&page=45

This is the reply from the webnote i sent , i ordered on 6th june got this reply on the 7th:-

Thankyou for your webnote, as you ordered via paypal I cannot see your exact position in the queue, we currently have 74 pre-orders and you are approximately 60th in the queue for the GPU.

3. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    @Netherwind

Looks awesome :) Love your case , very tidy :nerd:

Having that performance without having the heat and noise to go with it must be awesome though :infinity:

What does the card boost to without any overclock ? i'm not overclocking mine this time as Boost 3.0 already does such a good job by itself.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks man :)

;)

It boosts to 1936MHz without OC but should be able to do another 100-150MHz stable.

5. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya I really like your rig too, very nice setup.

6. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Soooo I emailed them again asking what my place in the queue was after figuring that 220 pre-orders means its possible they wont get that many on the first shipment (17th June) and I may not get my card next week - TBF to OCUK they emailed me back almost instantly so no complaints there....

''I have taken a look into this for you and you are number 203 in the queue. Unfortunately we have not been given an amount we are receiving yet but we have order enough to cover the pre orders and more.''

203 :bang: hopefully they will get what they have ordered and we will all get cards next week. At this point though I feel a bit bummed, they have taken my money and still can't give an exact date.

7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I pre ordered the Gigabyte G1 Gaming from Amazon as soon as it was available. After contacting them yesterday (for the second time) it appears that they have already received a shipment from the supplier but it wasn't enough to cover pre orders. Which didn't make me very happy to say the least. They shouldn't take orders beyond what they know they can deliver. :( Anyways they have another shipment coming "in a few business days" and I'm supposed to be given priority shipping when they arrive. It sounds like I'll be waiting another week at this point.

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I feel u they did this same cr@p to me now i need to wait till 20 june hopefully i get it this month the msi one.

9. bugsixx

bugsixx Guest

GPU:
    x
    Which cards use the 0 db and which not ? I would like to get one without fans turning off.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    reference ones.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Just got my PNY Founders and its running +250 on core. I have it boosting to 2.1ghz stable in Division and ran the GPU-Z Render test for 30 mins while I ate lunch.

Also if you read my post I said I understand why some don't like the price. It just doesn't bother me. As I also said before, it's preference.

Current OC is +250 core, +525 mem.

Using MSI AB

Core Voltage +30
    Power Limit 120
    Fan speed set to 90% at 80 degs.

It's not very loud mixed with my case fans....can't complain.

Card does not go above 78C stressed.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Updated my post with a few benchies.
    Interesting that Overwatch seems to be capped at 93fps :)

Thanks a lot!

That's a lot of core OC, a lot more that's needed really. But it seems like Pascal needs a bit more bump than Maxwell. I have not finished testing and I hope to be able to do better than 2038MHz.

13. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    how to manually oc 1080.. i have oveclocked to 2.1 ghz using the curve. but i want pure oc like as b4.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Interesting how some games can let the GPU relax immensly :)
    Check out the GPU load and core speed :eek:

[​IMG]

I've only used MSI AB and moved the sliders there. Have not found the curve you are talking about though.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Netherwind what's yr ASIC quality score?

16. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    GPU-Z needs to get updated to read the asic quality on the Geforce 1080.

17. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Im gaming stable now at 2139Mhz, really pleased with the card and the NZXT G10 with a H75 ~54c. Pretty solid. :banana:

18. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Realy nice man I see you are from holland where did you buy the card if I may ask you ?

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Maybe a high core OC but its running 2080-2.1 boost stable.

As long as it's doing that with reasonable temps with my current fan profile, I'm happy.

I did turn it down to +245 core last night and get the same results.
    AB seems to balance this automatically from what I've seen.

Also Overwatch is capped for me at 93 fps on this card as well. My 980 SLI was 144fps Gsync. It's the only game I've played where this issue has popped up so far. I'm thinking a game update or new driver may be needed.

Also those wanting ASIC Quality...it seems these cards do not support the reading in GPU-Z. At least that is what it's saying with my card currently.

20. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Alternate dude, got it a few days ago. When they had like ~20 in stock.