GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Installed without issue, from the limited games I played, everything is golden.

I have started using the unpack driver method mentioned a few post back and
    its been working out great. Always hate installing unnecessary services. I only have
    the Nvidia display driver Service running & that is set to Manual in Services.msc

The only issue I have is Displayport related. When turning off my Monitor (DP),
    it would "disconnect", so turning it back on, it would be like plugging in a USB Stick.

This didn't happen with the 350.12 & 347.88 WHQL's I had installed recently.

I know this is an inherent problem with displayport's in general, but it seems this
    can be "fixed/worked around" at driver level.

My new way of installing drivers sans PhysX & uninstalling Star Trek's Vulkan.
    [​IMG]

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I always install the normal way and also only have display driver service.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same. Driver+Audio+PhysX is my typical install.

4. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    I hope they integrate the Vulkan driver like OpenGL, not sure why it needs it's own installer.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been extracting the installer for 10 +years and manual install them threw the setup file

Drivers+physic

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The driver is integrated like OpenGL, VulkanRT is the API itself provided by Khronos as a separate installer.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    with 386.22 the display driver service (nvvsvc.exe) was reduce to 1 instance of it, before that it was 2 instance of it, this was something that always annoyed me, one less thing to annoy me now, not sure what the (nvxdsync.exe) does only 1 instance of that, I have no other service from nvidia cause I dont install gfe.

Also never seen this "NVidia Backend" probably cause I manual extract drivers and manual install driver by click on the setup, instead click the installer?

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    the difference between the manual and normal installation of just the driver+phsyx is that the nvidia backend and nvtray gets installed with the normal installation. They're not in services.msc, so I guess calling them a service is incorrect. But they are extra processes.

If I had the bad stub issue, i'd definitely try installing the driver without those two to rule it out as a possible cause of the issue.

both nvvsvc and nvxdsync are in my experience, simply a link between the driver and the nvidia control panel. both can be set to manual in services.msc, without any affect on GPU usability. both will start up as soon as you open nvidia cpanel.

and yep, backend and nvtray are installed if you use the official driver installer without unpacking and deleting stuff. this is a recent change since 35x or 36x drivers. In the past if you selected only driver+physx in the installer, it would act identical to the manual method we both use.

9. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Great to hear. Can you let the thread know if you encounter any TDRs, please.
    I am hesitating to install these since the newer sets give me trouble even on desktop.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

See back on windows 7 or was it XP disabling NVVSVC resulted in AA not work in any game when forced threw nvcp, I have since just left it on

And I dont delete anything from package I just use 7-zip to extract the installer and run setup.exe so I dont think you actual have to delete things from the package. nvtray or nvidia backend files files might be on PC but they have never been set to run on startup, unless this all changed since 368.22

11. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    It's a good thing I sold my GTX 570 SLi setup last month... I gave up on the hopes of Nvidia bringing out a DirectX 12 driver for Fermi. I will pick up a RX 480. That should just about double my performance. And for only $200 - $250 who can complain. Best thing is I sold my SLi setup for $150. Will just add a 100 bucks and I'm good to go.

12. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    If I run into any issues, I'll be sure to mention it in this thread.

My best advice would be to stay with whatever current driver that is solid on
    your system. I was running 350.12 WHQL for over a year before my current
    foray into testing new drivers. That was done purely out of boredom & curiosity.

If ever in doubt, I will go back to the tried and tested 350.12 magical unicorn driver.

13. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
    Hey guys, i tested the new driver and want to share my work with you, I hope to be of help and you enjoy the video audio is in Portuguese however I put subtitles in English for you, thank you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyZB0BRC0mA

14. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super XC Ultra
    the first installation of these drivers gave me TDR error on desktop right after i set up my global settings and manually rebooted my computer.

second installation seems to be ok, no TDR.. played Overwatch, CSGO and WoW.. all seems normal.

i used DDU before installing these drivers in both instances.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    yeah something messed up with the services on the nvidia driver. i'm using classic shell & i removed also can't solve the issue so i can ensure is not related to stardock. no choice just wait manuelG release new hotfix.

16. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I'm using startdock BTW start10 and Windowblinds don't have any issues

17. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Installed driver without any problems. The Valley Demo gave me nonrelevant 200 points more compared to 368.25. I wanted to make more tests but sorry, I remained "stuck" on Rise Of The Tomb Raider (maxed, DirectX 12) about 8 hours on a LG Ultrawide monitor with 3440 x 1440 @ 10Bit/c with DSR 1.5.
    Result: no TDR or any problem...sorry, I lied, I had a problem with my wife for loosing so much time.

18. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    how its takes only 4 gb ram in rotr
    its usualy take 10-12 gb ram

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Like the intro, short and sweet. :D

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Interesting. that must have been in the past, when you could actually change AA in a game via cpanel, even when alt tabbing out of the game. I remember being sad when they announced the feature is no longer feasible. I personally don't bother setting any nvidia services to manual any more, but I did test, and there were no issues with them set to manual on the numerous games i've tested.

Good to know about not having to delete the folders as well.

I always did it just because it seemed logical they would get installed unless removed from the installation folder.