Total Warhammer

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Dec 8, 2012.

1. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    nothing fixed in the new drivers (368.39) :thumbdown ...and dont know what they mean about the "stuttering fix" as I cant see many people complaining about stuttering in this game :3eyes:

2. Darman89

Darman89 Guest

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    yes it is. If you look for cheaper i'd buy russian version which you dont need a vpn to play with. (despite some saying this on their sites..)

4. Darman89

Darman89 Guest

using a VPN is too much effort just to save few bucks and play in different language.. I bought it in the site i mentioned before and I am already playing ^_^ game looks awesome!

5. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Anyone else crashing alot, getting CTD's in campaign map and in battles. it's doing my head in.

6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Not a single crash on my end.

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz :)

If anyone's starting an Empire campaign I highly recommend this mod, even if it's your first play through. Levels the playing field a little, especially on the higher difficulties.

Steam: Reiksguard Expanded

7. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    I have just had 1 single crash to desktop after 10+ hours...other than that just perfection (well, if you dont count the bugged graphics of course :wanker:)

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Toyed around with the performance a bit, applied this 'fix' for SLI (enabling AFR):
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/938507/pc-games/total-war-warhammer-sli-fix/

Got about 8fps more, going from 53 the lowest to 61 on the campaign map... and the game did look bland with the applied fixes. I eventually set the profile to default again as I saw that the new Nvidia driver seems to have a SLI profile finally, will install the driver today.

Also, played 150+ turns into the Empire campaign, it's much more fun with the 'Chaos Wait Further' mod. Still wish one could turn off the Chaos invasion totally, sandbox mode... Found that Empire is interesting to play with it's access to easily conquerable territory, yet it didn't capture me like Vampire Counts :D

9. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Got a 6700k now forget to update my sig, so it's not that.

Could be some mod conflicts possibly.

10. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    57hrs here and 3 or 4 CTD so far.
    Game is good, not great as I thought to be, but is good enough.
    AI has OP agents...
    As almost all map discovered I noticed less FPS on campaign map, despite using win10 and from 2 days new driver from amd.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Tried the .89 drivers for Nvidia last night, horrible... yes it enables SLI for a whoping 18% of fps increase on the campaign map, going from 53 to 63 or smthg. Bad part was, I got horrible flickering on the campaign map, and if I turned the settings down it only helped a bit, I could still see the flickering. Reverted to older drivers.

Anybody experience the same?

Also, anybody checking out mods weekly? ;)

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I found the flickering caused by vsync..(still on 368.22).

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah but the thing is, I disabled Vsync in game, in the driver for the game's profile, in the driver globally, AND toyed with each setting, even starting on everything to low to see if it was something else. Couldn't do anything about it, but as soon as I revert back to .22 it all works (except SLI of course...).

Have you given .39 a try?

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

First patch is out. :)

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_DirectX_12_System_Requirements

Also adds support for DirectX 12 for supported AMD and Nvidia GPU's though going by the above it seems it was heavily geared towards async compute which Nvidia isn't currently supporting too well so..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/364360/discussions/0/351660338712708346/

There's anything from minor to no gains to even performance decreasing under DirectX 12 for Nvidia GPU owners currently.

EDIT: And the usual blood DLC.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/404011/ / http://steamcommunity.com/games/364360/announcements/detail/848182961219616446

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I have to admit, I spent the €2.49 on that blood DLC, mainly because it was from my steam wallet which is only filled with selling useless trading cards... so I got it for bothering.

Still hoping on a better, flawlessly working SLI profile for me though... last one flickered at all settings for me, even lowest.

17. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Since the last patch, I can't start the game on my Desktop (specs in my profile) anymore. Whenever I try to start it from steam or via the .exe file, the launcher crashes and I get the message "Total War Launcher stopped working". The Launchers for older Total War Games still work fine.

I've tried it on my laptop (2x AMD Radeon HD 7970M CrossfireX) and it works. I verified the game cache and replaced my Desktop's installation with that of my laptop, to no avail.

Both systems are on Windows 10 64 bit 1511 with all the latest patches.

Has anybody else encountered the issue and if so, have you fixed it and how?

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    try to delete all documents files for tw:w

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Out of curiosity, anybody got intel on that free stuff that's supposed to come around for TW:WH?

That pic is still on steam's store page, showing free heroes, magic lores, factions etc. to come around without charge, yet I haven't heard of any (haven't been actively following tweets or fb or something though).

20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Alas, that didn't work. :(