GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970

It happens with stock clocks and it happens on new windows installations too.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I've got 4 service control manager errors, but nothing any different to any other driver or windows install

[​IMG]

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    but it doesn't happen to others with the same exact GPU and OS. so it has to be something else affecting it as well.

I suggest you try the manual driver+physx install method I mentioned above to narrow down the possible cause.

If it happens with just the driver+phsyx install, then you will at least know it's none of the non essential driver bundled services that are causing it.

4. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I only install the driver + physx as I have no use for the rest not even the audio driver.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=407787

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

do you do it manually though? because if you don't unpack the drivers and delete everything as per the pic in my post above, extra services still get installed.

If you did it manually, then yes, it's definitely a combination of driver+something else in your system that causes the error. the tough part would be finding what.

In this case, a clean OS install+ only installing NV drivers first without anything else, then installing the rest one by one, until the error reappears, would be the only other way. a time consuming one though.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can uninstall them safely but why would you want to do that?

Interesting. Do all who have these errors use the Windows sleep function? Do you guys have Windows fast startup turned on by chance?

I think that everyone on the planet have these 4 errors in Win10/1511.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol, yea I think so too

I've had the same errors in event log since I can remember, through 8.x > 10

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

yep, that one is definitely an OS event logging bug that is easily fixable.

just change Start to 4 (disabled) from the default 2 in these places:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc_Session1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc_Session4

I only had the first one of those 3, but your mileage may vary.

Do make sure that you aren't using the service though.

http://servicedefaults.com/10/onesyncsvc/

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  9. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    No I have not, I don't know where you got this idea that those services get installed even if you don't want them which doesn't happens on my machine and you can easily backtrace the file or event look at services.msc, driver+physx only install nvvsvc.exe service.

Already reverted to 362.00 though so I'm not gonna bother doing it.

10. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Pc wasnt asleep it was only set to power saving mode, low cpu, passive cooling mode, pcie power savings et cetera also fast startup is disabled

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    nvidia backend will be installed if you pick only driver+phsyx without unpacking+deleting. we had a thread on this a few months back when nvidia made this change with one of the driver sets. I think it started around 36x.xx sets, maybe a bit earlier. So the only way to get just driver+phsyx is the manual method.

But if the outdated driver is fine for you no point in wasting time.

It's just my curiosity on why people with same exact OS and GPU have issues I don't.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not sure if you 1070/1080 users noticed any gains?

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That nv file is dx11 part of driver so there is something buggy for sure.. What if you reinstall the driver (override), potentially it could be that nvupdatus issue, do you use this feature too?

Well I use only driver, phsyx, hdaudio, rested deleted and never saw this bad stub, just checked event viewer yesterday and nothing really special, I had one dcom issue but googled that and fixed again, I remember this permission issue in win8.1 when i upgraded from win 8.0 lol
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n/9ff8796f-c352-4da2-9322-5fdf8a11c81e?auth=1

That windows update conflict and store bug means something is not right by permissions or conflicts between services.

Try to rebuild WMI and reboot
    https://support.software.dell.com/vworkspace/kb/88861

Now repair windows update, re-register it, you can use this handy tool
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/reset-windows-update-agent-d824badc

Or Windows10 manager, it has both scripts in repair center and its handier lol, 20day trial

In this app there is also a special Windows store fix; its by modern settings >> re-register store apps, clear old cache (wait 1-2min), then it auto opens store app and sign in again

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It doesn't though... unfortunately... as I've read two posts from people who've done a clean reinstall of Windows because they thought the stub/bad data error was the result of a corrupted operating system only to find the issue returns as soon as they install the 368 driver. That is the reason I have not done it but I know I can fix the issues on my system simply by reverting to the v365.19 driver.

So why don't I then?

Because EA in their infinite wisdom decided that I can only play Mirror's Edge Catalyst with the 368 driver!!!

That's what makes this issue so aggravating.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I use Avast and have no such issue

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't really have an option to disable my receiver. I mean, in the display area I have two options, either my Acer monitor or the LG TV (even though the signal has to go through the receiver). Disabling it is like pressing Win+P and selecting "Monitor only". Funny thing now is that if I turn off the TV, my monitor turns itself off :) Previously it didn't do that.

I'll try DDU and install 365.19 again, see what happens.

Edit - My monitor works during boot and Windows load but turns itself off at the logon screen.

17. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

did you try my manual install suggestion above?

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just a quick question for those people who have the same stub/bad data error as myself: are you running the NVIDIA SHIELD and/or Stardock WindowFX/WindowBlinds services? I have disabled all four on my system and have not yet seen the error plus Task Manager is still running after a couple of hours and the Windows Store update seems to be working.

One or more of those may possibly be conflicting with the 368 driver to cause the issue (but doesn't with 365.19). My money is on one of the Stardock programs as I've had them installed and set to automatically start with Windows for both but don't actually use either.

Still too early to know for sure if the issues are fixed but, fingers crossed, it is one them. Really do not want to be in a situation where I am unable to install the latest driver because of stuff like this as I play many of the latest games such as Mirror's Edge Catalyst that require the newest drivers to be installed.

*UPDATE*

Forget that... got stub error just now and Windows Store Check for Updates has reverted back to being stuck on searching! At least Task Scheduler still works... :(

Pah!

19. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    Thanks for your reply mate. I don't quite understand what i have to do to solve the issue. Has Nvidia renamed the some game titles? So I need to manually change the profile names by opening up the .NIP file in a text editor? Could you give me an URL to the inspector thread? :)

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    GTA5 MultiPlayer crashed, followed by a TDR..

It happened after I changed MSAA 4-5times while using TXAA., plus enhanced MFAA in driver if it matters..

Will see if its better without MFAA enhancement.. Well MFAA seems to be a buggy driver feature.. :(