GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi

I get similar issues, but I am a Windows Insider and I am running the latest insider build. From the feedback I have seen, issues with services has plagued Windows since Windows 8.0. I have similar errors on machines running insider builds with no NVidia hardware in them. Some of the errors can be ignored, but its irritating to see all these errors. I never had a single error or warning in Windows 7.

I have other computers running the latest release version also with multiple errors listed in event viewer, these have all be upgraded of Windows not clean installs.

I think most of these issues are actually Windows related, and not Nvidia.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Anyone running preview builds shouldn't be wondering why there are bugs though

3. VaynardX

VaynardX Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    I am running on Windows 10 but I don't do SLI.xD Anyway, I bit the bullet and installed the newest driver and seems to be okay. Will further test it in games later after work. Installation was smooth and I used DDU before installing the update.

EDIT: I saw a feedback thread on the NVIDIA subreddit and people are reporting a lot of issues. I hope I do not get any of them.:/

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  4. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    because people who don't have issues don't post, they play games with their GPU's :)

But yeah, I have no issues. never had a single issue since getting the 970 nearly one year ago, and i've used every single WHQL and game ready driver since then up till this one.

Well, i did have one issue, when custom resolutions weren't working in win10 drivers for a few releases. it was a documented bug and fixed with one of the 35x.xx sets.

5. VaynardX

VaynardX Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    That was good to hear. I think I will just have to refer to the Guru3D thread from now on then.:) Thanks for the feedback sir!

6. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

Everything runs great here( 100 games tested in SLI and W10). Only Serious Sam3 BFE is crashing at the start ((Directd3d) device removed"?), but I'm not sure it are the drivers.

7. SVrider

SVrider Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
    No problems with this driver for me. Getting better frames in DayZ too.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I only played Overwatch but I haven't had any problems with these. Same performance as last ones.

9. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Not only have I not had any issues, this driver fixed many issues I had related to a broken vsync in Steam, Chrome, Rocket League, and a jittery mouse with Vsync on in Planetside 2.

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It's too early in the morning for this bs...I was'nt highlighting the score :wanker: optimal power in power management is on by default when I first installed the driver instead of adaptive...I wanted to know if THAT was normal...but it's a non issue as other benchmarks and games are stable so no worries over here...good driver for me.

11. salmanshah

salmanshah Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 G4
    Do I need this driver for my GTX 970?

12. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    I reinstalled the driver using DDU, and now preformance is back to normal :)

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well the 368 drivers trigger the stub/bad data error for myself and a number of other people and that isn't something I would expect a graphics driver to do. The 368 drivers also halt the Task Manager service too (it's one of the errors above) although it can be restarted manually. How does a graphics driver cause that? I don't know but I do know that none of these issues happen with the 365.19 driver.

As for SFC and Dism, I have ran them many times, including this morning, and neither reports any errors at all. If I reinstall the 365.19 driver then all the issues will go way, including most if not all of those Event log errors. A weird one for sure not to mention very frustrating. :3eyes:

14. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Just do an in place upgrade then with the 1511 Iso it takes 15 minutes of your time and maybe it solves the problems

15. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    do we really need vulkan runtime libraries (gtx 650 user) or we can uninstall it safely?

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Have you tried the manual driver installation? the one with the unpacking of the driver, deleting everything except what the pic shows and then running setup?

[​IMG]

Should help narrow down if the core driver affects this on your PC, or is it one of the myriad of bundled services that get installed without this method.

You can then install GFE standalone from the geforce site if the error is gone, and go from there.

unless you have an app making use of the API, you can delete it. they are so tiny not sure its worth the bother.

17. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    although this more likely microsoft - win10 issues, but there quite reports with nvidia 368 build ...
    now if people find it got fixed when they rolled back to previous version (365.19), u still think the driver still not related to the issue ?

18. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    welp, got another the stub received bad data error and I did was put the pc into power saving mode for the night and it started happening together with huge amount of service control manager errors.

back to 362.00 as this doesn't happens with that driver version.

[​IMG]

19. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

it does seem likely it's related to the driver, but it doesn't have to be.

It's like when people here sometimes say, my OC crashes with newer drivers only.

That's not the drivers fault. that simply means the OC isn't stable once drivers improve GPU utilization.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Very weird, never heard of a driver doing this before, it's almost malware like in the stopping of services (Usually services that would help remove it)