GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is good question

2. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    Fixed for me too! Thank god, it was driving me nuts :eyes:

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Windows 10 Pro v1511, i.e. the officially released version and not an insider build (I have never installed those).

These issues do NOT occur with driver v365.19 and earlier by the way on my system, ONLY with the latest v368.xx branch.

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I dunno, these issues don't sound like something graphics driver related to me at all. And I don't have any of them on my Win10/1511.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. I would love nothing more than to revert back to the 'stable' v365.19 driver on my system but annoyingly EA is forcing the v368.22 or newer driver in order to play Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, which I downloaded this morning. On running the game with the v365.19 driver the game halted with a request to install v368.22. Clicking OK just exits the game. Surely the driver version should be optional not mandatory? Very frustrating to have to use a buggy driver on my system... :(

6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Me neither I'm on 1511 build version 10586.338

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    they dont they sound like OS issues, but apparently are being trigged by the drivers. i dont think there alot people with issue, which why nvidia said nothing about and and googling on the subject points to OS issue in that some thing is corrupted and not playing nice with the newer drivers.

Anyway Has Fastsync been enabled in NVCP yet? or is it still inspector only, or is gona be come another feature Nvidia talks about but is only visible in inspector like framelimiter

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well that's what I thought at first because I did not even consider the graphics driver was the cause. However, if I install v365.19 over the top of v368.xx then the issues are all fixed even without rebooting. I reinstalled v368.22 this morning to play ME Catalyst and straight away I got a stub/bad data error on opening the Event log. This is after an error-free week of using v365.19 since I reinstalled it over the top of v368.22.

It is absolutely the v368.xx driver that is the problem on my system, whether it is the direct cause or has some conflict with something else installed on my PC. I know how to fix it (reinstall v365.19!!!) but I can't because I have to use a v368.xx driver for ME Catalyst!

9. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I think it has to do with multiple factors you can not only blame it on the drivers from NVIDIA the thing is what is causing the mix of something "missing" or "corrupted" on your system whe don't have on the same build that is for now the question. My suggestion to you is repair with dism the healthy state and after that update everything related to your OS.

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Lazy install over the top of the last WHQL. Just driver, HDAudio, PhysX installed.

I'm not seeing any issues with GTA 5 and the new DLC release, seems to be working fine.

Will do some more tests with other games later but for now i want my new GTA cars....

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Honestly, what is going on here?

As with 368.22 I have this strange problem with HDMI. I normally got a cable connected between my card and my receiver (which is connected to my TV). If the receiver is ON then my normal monitor works but if I turn the receiver OFF then it also turns off my monitor. When I disconnect the HDMI cable the monitor works.

If I start the computer in safe mode my monitor works even if the receiver is off. This is also OK when I've used DDU for uninstall but the moment the nVidia installer finished installing this driver, my monitor turned itself off.

It's inconvenient having to connect/disconnect the HDMI cable every time I want to watch Netflix on my TV.

12. SwiftDragon

SwiftDragon Active Member

GPU:
    HOF gtx980ti
    Has the fast sync stutter been fixed?

13. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Well these were the most pointless drivers i ever saw. Still no SLI fix for 1080's

14. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Did anyone notice that profomance took a dive with these drivers ? I lost around 500 points in Valley with these.

15. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Actually performance went up for me by around 500 in valley.

16. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    This set was only released for 1080 FE fan spin up fix as far as I know.

17. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    Worthless drivers for me. I don't usually have any issues with Nvidia's drivers but this one takes the cake. Importing profiles in Nvidia Inspector 2.1.2 doesn't work. Gives an error. Using the old 1.9.7.3 executable doesn't give an error but the profiles are messed up. SLI Bits just dissapear when importing. Tried reïnstalling and tweaking the Battlefield 4 profile manually without importing all other profiles. Saw a 10 percent decrease in performance in BF4. Reverting to 365.19. All good now.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Neither sfc /scannow reports nor dism.exe /scanhealth report any errors so I am pretty sure I do not have a corrupted Windows install. My system is 100% stable, no crashes whatsoever and all games run perfectly. Windows itself is fine as long as do not use any v368.xx driver.

Blame my system if you want but the fact remains that I am not the only one with this issue and, as far as I know, everyone else with the same issue has been able to resolve it by reinstalling an older pre-v368 driver. If one driver works and the other doesn't then surely it must be the driver itself that is the problem?

I already mentioned that a few people have even tried doing a clean Windows install, which DOES fix the issue ("stub has received bad data") but only because they don't have a v368 driver installed at that point. Once they reinstall the v368 driver then the issue returns. That pretty much confirms in my mind that the issue is not the result of a corrupted operating system.

19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I'm getting all the above issues plus my PC doesn't power off after shutting down anymore with this driver (and previous v368.xx drivers) and Chrome 64 bit hangs and the taks can't be killed when I go into settings, clear the browser cache and other things.
    Going back to 365.xx drivers solves all these problems for me and my friends.

I've been able to reproduce this on three PCs so far.

I don't have GFE nor that Nvidia update service installed.

No, it isn't. I thought so as well at first as similar errors are related to a corrupted OS, but that wasn't the case.
    I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit clean twice already (once the latest insider preview build as I thought it might fix it, and when it didn't, I did another clean install of the regular v1511 build) and everything was fine until I installed a 368.xx driver, that's when the issues started appearing. Once I went back to 365.xx drivers, everything was fine again.

If I do a completely clean install of Windows 10 Pro v1511 and don't update it and install the 368.xx drivers immediately, the issue pops up as well, so it's definitely related to the drivers.

There is no corruption anywhere, the problems are related to the drivers, possibly in conjunction with certain hardware. So far I can confirm the problem with a Titan X, 980 Ti and GTX 970.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  20. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Oke man then I must say that is an major bummer for you and all the people who have the same issues !