Mirrors Edge Catalyst

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, if you can remap controls I'd be all in for this one.
    I love Mirror's Edge, and really, the beta seemed like a lot of fun. Even if it seemed a bit thin on content.

Hell, finishing the beta and it said story progression was at 25% complete.
    I kind of hope that's not accurate, because the beta only had like... not even a handful of story missions.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yeah i hope the game is long and varied im couting on DICE in this one as i absolutely loved the beta

3. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    I'd say yeah, Solar Fields who composed the first ME is back for Catalyst.
    This video has most songs that was taken out of the beta, but is kinda incomplete and has songs that were not ingame. Might even be the full soundtrack, So... **SPOILERS (Major?)**
    https://youtu.be/csX-twOU5F0

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  4. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Sir, me and EA/DICE are thanking you !

You made me buy that game at the exagerated overprice! I hope the game is long enough to make me forget the price!

Thank you for the spoiler warning: So I clicked here and there in the 1hour long video, not to get to know all the songs already:) :)
    But I noticed at 32min15, the song is producing the "mood" I was asking for)! Thanks A LOT Techio!

As for the key remapping: it's probably in the very final details they are working on...hopefully. Since it's multiplatform, the game is made to play with controller.
    At that price, let's cry outrage if we can't remap! At least, their offer a beta test and they gather the most problems. When I played EA's Star Wars Battlefront, me and other gamer had the CPU usage going to 100% when loading the maps and in between the matches, which was making the sound to stutter and creating a bad gaming experience. So they heard of that problem on their support forums and the final version was working stutter free during the loading :)

I believe that we could rebind the controls in the first Mirror's Edge!?

UNREAL Engine to FROSTBITE!!! I'm Excited!!

Last edited: May 30, 2016

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    More than the beta anyway, that was one district and about 4-5 story missions.

Think I'll wait for reviews though. When I played the beta the story was pretty dull and the side missions not any better

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    downloading now

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    damn , 22gb

9. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Hype!

Less than 1 week!!! Hype hype hype!!!!

Who's is gonna replay the first game during the next days? (me)
    How namy times over? (2)

Do you have some favorites sections, or rooms in the first game?

For examples: I like the green sewer section in the level Jack Knife and also like the jump to Pope's building during the second level!

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Really good so far although there are minor flickering issues for SLI users.

Another point of annoyance is that there was a patch this morning that forces you to use 368.22 which is a non starter for me as they repeatedly crash Edge (which subsequently causes my cards to stick at 400Mhz until I reboot).

Great game otherwise.

EDIT

Installed 368.22 (so I could continue to play) and now instead of minor flickering, there is major flickering that renders the game unplayable.

Another SLI success story :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll get a 'game ready' (snickers) driver tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    A new graphics preset has been added : "hyper". Anyone knows what it adds to the visuals ?

No doubt Catalyst will be featured in any respectable benchmarking suite considering it seems to scale graciously with the hardware. Even an old 780 / 280X can apparently run it at 1080p / high settings / 50-60fps.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From what I can tell:

FOV now has a numerical value to it's slider ranging from 60 to 90, FOV is vertical btw.

There's a setting for GPU Memory Limit or what it was called, probably allows for faster streaming or some such although it may exceed your GPU's available VRAM if you toggle this off.

Hyper quality visual preset (Above ultra.) and a new quality setting for reflections.

Option for resolution scale so you don't have to use the console, goes from 0.5 to 2.0 with 1.0 being native res.

EDIT: Setting texture quality to hyper with the VRAM limit disabled kills framerate at least on 4 GB GPU's although with VRAM limit on it does work fine although yeah it seems it does affect pop-in and streaming.

13. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Hype!!!!

Right. Muti-GPU disapointments are real these days! The chart someone posted here at page 5 shows SLI and Crossfire are not working for this title. I suggest you to turn one of your card off to stop that flickering madness...

Tomorow we recieve the full game!!!.. years after being surprised with information of its arrival...and...well..ahem... sorrry... snifff sniff :cry:... getting emotional...

I have a couple of levels left to do of my playthrough of the first game and I'm collecting all the "runner bags" this time! The sound track is one of my most beloved aspect of the game. I like the jumping and vertigo inducing stuff also!

SUPER HYPED!

14. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    People still expect SLI/Crossfire support in games ? Devs don't have the time for that.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Then they should stop promoting it and selling it, problem solved :p

I'd love to go single GPU, but the sad truth is that at UW QHD and UHD one card is often not enough.

Even at QHD, one card can still leave you having to turn things down.

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't recall developpers promising multi GPU support. There is only so much they can do with their ressources. SLI is simply too much of a niche.

Expect multi GPU support to be as barren as ever in AAA games.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Many games release without SLI support with support promised in a future update. A few recent examples are Doom, Just Cause 3 and Homefront.

Nvidia absolutely promotes it and absolutely does not support it properly.

Obviously, it doesn't affect you which is why you have such a 'laissez faire' attitude towards it, for those of us who rely on it to play at our chosen resolutions, it's a serious issue.

I don't expect I'll be taking any of your predictions as gospel tbh, sometimes the support is there, sometimes it isn't. I'd just like to see a little more consistency as the support used to be just that in the not so distant past.

At any rate, since you don't actually have a horse in the race as it were, I see little point in discussing it any further.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Oh sure Nvidia can promise what they want but how naive do you have to be not to see through all of that. Then the word 'support" has different meanings depending on who alludes to it. Even when a game is said to support SLI more often than not it's a miserable experience.

I can't fathom out anyone would willingly go the SLI route, it's madness.

I can't blame devs either for not caring at all there is a much more significant portion of the userbase that needs attention.

Yeah as I said be sure that SLI support won't improve at all, especially with low level APIs which place even more responsabilities on the developper, multi GPU must be a real pain to implement.

19. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    lol.. the developer already having enough problems with getting the game to run on a SINGLE videocard with UNLIMITED possible pc setup combination. I totally agreed with you. SLI is not developer problem.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You're talking about two separate entities.
    GPU manufacturers won't stop selling or pushing it, because there are people still willing to buy.

And some developers have stopped supporting it, due to poor driver support, added costs during development... and a lot of newer engines simply don't see as much of a benefit as they used to.