Official Hard Reset Thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HonoredShadow, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If it's not fixed then it's making the cheap price, look like it's overpriced.

Off to see for myself now, rarely trust these comparisons.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    For those that already own it, 3 bucks... even if they never fix the graphical issues, it's far from being overpriced.

I know people are all in a damn fit over the visuals, but seem to be completely ignoring the best thing about this re-release. The improved gameplay.

3. I'm going to get it for the $3 upgrade, but I'm bias because I enjoy Flying Wild Hog developed games. The gameplay is still a lot of fun imo (but don't expect much story). I finished the campaign years ago, but I still enjoy playing the survival maps to this day. This is game has the essence of "Blade Runner". The game should hold cyberpunk fans over until the Cyberpunk 2077 game comes out.

4. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    In terms of my personal favorite first-person shooters of all time, Hard Reset is in the top 3, and a dash is an incredibly welcome addition. This may be blasphemy on a site like this, but I'll choose a big gameplay improvement over graphic fidelity any day (bugs notwithstanding).

I got my first real taste of using dashes in a first-person shooter in Bioshock 2, got strung along a little with Bulletstorm, then got totally addicted with Zer0 in Borderlands 2. Now the new Doom Marine has a pretty good one too; once you get and upgrade the Seek and Destroy rune, he can dash like, what, twenty feet? So awesome. Hard Reset will be treat with this feature.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Well for me, the Redux just made me remember how much I hated the original. I'm a fan of their other games but this one just turns me off for some reason. But for $3 it's no big loss. I gave it a shot.
    I'll just go replay Doom again

6. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    What don't you like about it?

Also, how exactly does the dash work? I haven't filled my Steam wallet yet, and don't see any videos online about it yet.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If you've played the Shadow Warrior reboot, it's the exact same dash.

But, if you tap the Sprint key plus a movement (forward, back, left... right), you'll "sprint" or dash whichever direction you use in that direction.
    Makes it a quick dodge to get around fast attacking enemies.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, they are looking into the lighting engine that most people keep bringing up.

But, that issue only seems to come up in the game's Survivor Mode. Which, I am not using. Which explains why I haven't seen it.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Consoles should never exist except for Nintendo.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Okay, well that's completely out of nowhere.

EDIT: Also, I reached the Factory area everyone keeps complaining about. Saying the lighting is ruined in the Redux version...

Redux:
    [​IMG]

The glitch only happens when playing on Survival Mode. If you play normally, it looks great.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Consoles shouldn't exist except for consoles.... lol love the logic.

Anyway opted to get this on the back of having a total blast with Doom, and well this sort of looks in the same old school shooter vein and I love the whole cyberpunk theme, currently downloading so will report back later.

Any comment on weather I made a mistake buying the redux when the extended edition seems to be selling for a wee bit less, I assume it's an extended version of the pre redux game?

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There's nothing wrong with the Redux Edition.
    I'd say you bought the best version.

Better performance, faster loading times. Better balance to the gameplay/fights and enemy encounters.
    The added dash move helps with larger enemies and fights.

Visually, the game looked amazingly awesome when it originally released, and the new version just uses physically based shader system. SSAO instead of a baked in AO method used in the original.
    Only downside is the Redux is FXAA only, but you can always force another AA option.

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I'm loving this game. I never finished the original for some reason, just didn't click with me. Played it a few hours last night and can't wait to go back to it. The dodge move is great. As for graphics, honestly if I didn't see a side by side video, I wouldn't notice any graphical difference. The original just looks a bit oversharpened, like someone going overboard with the lumasharpen settings in reshade. If anything, I'm enjoying the art style more this time around. Totally worth $3 for me.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I prefer the softer look this release has.
    I've never been a fan of sharpening filters in games.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I ran the benchmark on the original DX9 game with FSAAx4 (not MSAA!) and maxed out settings at 2560x1440 and the framerate was around 96 fps average. Although the new DX11 version currently lacks the same benchmark it appears that the framerate is over double that which is really astounding and shows how much better optimised for current hardware the new game is. In fact, it's a shame the developers did not exploit that more by improving polygon counts and adding, say, tessellation, but then it was intended for the underpowered consoles I guess.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Agree. FXAA looked bad in the original game even at 1440p and FSAAx2/x4 only looked slightly better but FXAA in the new version looks absolutely fine, bearing in mind the textures are not that detailed in the first place compared with modern games.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/407810/discussions/0/350532536105732506/?ctp=37#c350533172690527841

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So that means no bug fixes for a while then

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    E3 is tomorrow. And only lasts through Thursday.
    And even then, only a few key people from the studio go to E3, the rest of the team stays put and works like normal.

We've had patches and updates release during E3 in the past.
    And even then, it's not like anything in HR:R is broken to the point you can't play the game.
    Worst thing that could happen... you have to wait a bit for a patch that tweaks the graphics very, very little.