AMD Radeon Rx 480 Photos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 1, 2016.

1. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I hope MSI, Gigabyte or others will have version with DVI.
    I still using old monitor that requires analog source signal from DVI-I or D-SUB. Don`t have money to buy both GPU and monitor this year

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They did for the Fury so it's likely.

3. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    All those cards have only DVI-D (digital only). I just look at GF 1080/70 card also only DVI-D
    My monitor requires DVI-I (analog signal source)
    I can buy HDMI-DVI-I adapter but decent ones are for 25$

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Ah I see. Thanks for pointing that out :)

5. TBPH

TBPH Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 3.5+.5GB
    Where would they put the blower fan if it were restricted to the size of the PCB? Just wait for custom open-air coolers.

6. KFBR392

KFBR392 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    ... and watch a $200 GPU become $300++ GPU. I don't get why people expect enthusiast features on a budget/mainstream product.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  7. 17seconds

17seconds Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+
    They used different image quality settings in the Ashes of the Singularity demonstration.

GTX 1080 - shadows under the trees, more detailed textures
    RX480 - fewer shadows under the trees, less detailed textures

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes crazy for 1080 and 480 had extreme. Still 2 480 equal that 1080 when both use extreme.

Doesn't look as good tho.

9. skules

skules Member

GPU:
    Nvidia geforce 9800
    AMD drivers have been released extremely quickly to be fair. They up'd their game since moving to crimson.

Beta drivers always contains updates for the latest games, normally within the week.

Personally, ever since Nvidia fried my 560ti i doubt i will ever go back to them unless they can offer an extremely good card for the price. I went from 560ti to 270x and it's been really nice for me. (For those skeptics that say the nvidia drivers didn't fry the 560ti, go do some research.)

10. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    For the price the 480 looks really nice especially considering the last two GPU's I bought for my PC were a GTX 570 and a HD7950 and both over $300. My daughter wants a new PC for VR so wouldn't go that low for her, but at 1080p for me would be great.

11. TurboGLH

TurboGLH New Member

GPU:
    X850pro - 16p 530/525
    According to the stored runs on the Ashes website, they were run at the same settings.

Can't post links, but someone over at the AMD subreddit has them up.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    The ones I posted here to few other threads I guess? Yes amd is faster on same preset. But the video difference should come from crazy vs extreme since the guy had ran loads of runs with 1080 crazy so the video must be from one of those

13. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    You can quite much guess the performance based on the price. It will be $200 worth of performance, or yesterdays $300 worth of performance. AMD is not charity.

14. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Is this not down to the problem with the drivers, the guy said it was using a new method for dual cards and theres still lots of work needed to be done. Doesn't sound too good in a presentation i must say as he has made it sound like this new method is not really ready. Most likely to try and stem people from getting a 1080, but we all know that a faster single card is always better than dual cards especially frame pacing.

15. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    What I love is the price of this card. AMD might do something real nice with this generation.

However..
    The Fury X Nano will likely be a better performer at 175W on a twice-as-large process.

Some people in AMD's PR department really need to be shot, right in the head. They are talking out of their asses. Again.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If it's close to 390x/Fury/980 then it's yesterday's $500 performance for $200. And it's no charity, it's a basic market penetration move. Unless you believe that the Pascal cards are more than $200 to make, which is simply naive.