GeForce Experience using up 99% of ram?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by 0blivious, May 27, 2016.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So yesterday my PC was acting funky. I checked and found the ram was at 99% usage (15.9/16.0 in use). I couldn't find anything listed in task manager that was actually using much at all but the PC barely operated, so clearly it was in use.

Restarted PC. Still happening.

I checked the web and some mentioned GeForce Experience, specifically ShadowPlay as being the culprit.

I hard reset the PC and it was OK. I uninstalled Experience and it hasn't happened again. Possibly coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with GFE? This only started after I installed that new (368?) driver a day or so ago for my GTX970.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Well, if you have shadowplay recording everything in the background automatically, then that video footage needs to be stored somewhere... It's not stored on disk, as that would result is freezes during gameplay. It's in-RAM.

Disable ShadowPlay's "shadow" mode in that case.

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    It's odd because I don't use shadowplay nor have I ever recorded gameplay. This isn't the first time GFE has been wonky on me. I don't really need it anyways.

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    GFE's only real feature is shadowplay. If you don't use it, there's really no point in installing GFE to begin with :)

5. quickkill2021

quickkill2021 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti sli Poseidon
    That's an incorrect statement.

I don't feel the need to explain it. There are a lot of well documented features in the experience app that are self evident and need no explanation.

6. Explain away.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016