Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Is anyone good at doing the blade dodge takedown? I've been trying to do it successfully against the motherfricking ninjas for the last half hour, and I can't do it! :bang:

I had no problem doing it in Arkham City, but in Arkham Knight it seems really hard to pull off.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The ninjas are faster in Knight then the thugs with knifes were in City and the ninjas in Origins.
    That could be what's throwing you off. In City and Origins, they used the same timing. In Knight they are faster, so you have to adjust your reaction a bit.

They aren't bad. Annoying with how much the bladed enemies are used this time around... but okay.

3. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    think I was able to pull that off once by pure chance.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Was rumored for a while but it's been announced now.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wb-announces-batman-return-to-arkham-for-ps4-and-xbox-one.427083/
    http://www.gaming-age.com/2016/05/batman-return-arkham/
    http://pressa2join.com/news/batman-return-to-arkham-announced-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

[​IMG]

https://youtu.be/AWv07fouYvs

For now it's only been mentioned for release on the PS4 and XBO.

EDIT: Being ported by a different company (Virtuos) so it might remain console exclusive, probably also why Origins wasn't included.
    (And though Knight could take advantage of UE4 it's probably too new and strictly visually it wouldn't be much of a enhancement over how it currently looks.)

Last edited: May 18, 2016

5. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Pretty meh. Bur great for those 10 people who never got to play those games!

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Meh.
    The original releases still look great as they are. If it's only going to consoles, I'm fine with that.

But, I'm getting really tired or remasters and re-releases of games that are only a couple years old.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I wish they would give AK the vulkan and etc treatment, that game could benefit form any optomization it can get.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've still to finish City so it would be interesting, but historically these remastered versions end up looking a little better but performing alot worse.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So this is why the pc version was thrown together?

10. cudarenderer

cudarenderer Guest

Yeah. JonasBeckman may make mistaked due to the wrong section, if "Batman: AA" and "Batman: AC" remastered won't be announced for PC. :)

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah... it's a good thing we aren't getting the "remastered" version on PC.

The original PC versions look much better then the remaster...
    [​IMG]

There's also a few videos floating around. And man, they really show just how great the original PC releases look.
    And how much this "remaster" has ruined a lot of the great character art, lighting and "style" the game used to have.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yikes ... it is worse.

TBH even if it was spectacular, I'm burnt out of the series after Knight.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I thought some of it looked better, imo most of it worse looking, some even on a technical level.

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Even if these did come to PC and were the best looking remasters ever created they'd never get anymore money out of me, zero trust after the mess that was Arkham Knight.

But yeah, they do look to have screwed up the remasters on console, what's up with batmans forehead? Looks like he's taking a dump in his bat suit.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    While Arkham Knight was a disappointment at release, they've fixed it. And it's a fantastic game.
    I'd be up for another Arkham game if they made one. Not a remaster. A new game.
    Which, rumors are that WB Montreal (the guys behind Arkham Origins) are working on one.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    As long as they do not farm out the port to the same dumb ass studio that ****ed up the last one.

Really though they gave the port job to a company that had never done a pc game from what i heard, and wonder how they could have ****ed it up so bad.

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    They had almost no time to port it over. This is all on WB for not planning their development schedule correctly.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, Iron Galaxy Studios also refuses to talk about the the game at all.
    The only thing they ever want to discuss is the new Killer Instinct game, which they also brought to PC.

But, whenever I've seen anyone ask them about AK... they try to change the subject as quickly as possible.

19. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    On the Giant Bombcast Dave Lang stated he wouldn't talk about it because he didn't want to throw a business partner under the bus. So that could actually be why.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    WB and Iron Galaxy hold just as much responsibility.
    He may not want to "throw someone under the bus"... but, it's also a cheap way to try and skirt responsibility.