MSI Afterburner 4.2.0 Available for Download

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2015.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Nice. Send the card my way when you are done. :thumbup:

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

BTW, that's not 1080 ;) That's some lower model.

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    So the graph under MSI AB is the per voltage level freq editor, where you can set slope manually?

Let me guess 1070 :)

Edit: closer look, wow that low voltage for that freq , I bet it should have better headroom than 1080 with power slider maxing out.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    amazing how EVGA can't make a software better than MSI AB which is made by 1 person over the years

from evga forums

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    damn killer clock ali,looking good so far .
    I know the more fun and the more you like the card the better it is for all of us

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @Unwinder are you gonna take a Polaris card too for testing?

7. Unwinder

Only when MSI start selling it and provide the sample.

8. Unwinder

Gentlemen, we previewed/tested Pascal overclocking functionality during the last couple of days with Guru3D and MSI, NVIDIA also does some internal testing. We're rather satisfied with testing results so we plan to launch public beta of MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 tomorrow with official start of GeForce GTX 1080 sales to give lucky owners of new cards new toy to play with. Keep in mind that 4.3.0 is still in active development stage so this early beta lacks many planned features yet (e.g. no updated RTSS with DX12 support), that is why it is recommended to install it only if you got new shiny 10x0 card. Current 4.3.0 beta changes list includes the following:

• Added GPU Boost 3.0 technology support for NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards:
    o Added percent based overvoltage support
    o Added voltage/frequency curve customization support. You may use traditional core clock slider on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 and 1080 graphics cards to apply fixed offset to all voltage/frequency curve points as well as use brand new flexible voltage/frequency curve editor window for more precise per-point curve adjustment. The editor window can be activated with <Ctrl> + <F> keyboard shortcut and it provides you the following features:
    - You may independently adjust clock frequency offset for each point with mouse cursor or <Up> / <Down> keys
    - You may hold <Ctrl> key to set anchor and fix clock frequency offset in minimum/maximum voltage point and adjust the offset of any other point with mouse to linearly interpolate the offsets between the anchor and adjustment points
    - You may hold <Shift> key while adjusting the offset of any point with mouse to apply the same fixed offset to all points. That’s equal to adjusting the offset with the slider in main application window
    - You may press <Ctrl> + <D> to reset offsets for all points
    - You may switch between traditional core clock control slider in the main window and voltage/frequency curve editor window to see how they affect each other in realtime
    • Improved validation and handling of erroneous data reported after TDR on NVIDIA graphics cards
    • Startup profile is now also affected by <Lock profiles> button, which means that you cannot modify or delete your startup overclocking settings while this button is pressed. This feature can be useful to protect startup overclocking settings from modification while temporarily testing various overclocking scenarios on overclocked system
    • Added support for unofficial overclocking mode with disabled PowerPlay on PowerPlay7 capable hardware (AMD Tonga and newer graphics processors family)
    • Added ability to use low-level hardware access interface on the systems with AMD graphics cards when legacy VGA BIOS image is not mapped to memory
    • Fixed bug causing the maximum value to be invisible on some hardware monitoring graphs under certain conditions (e.g. <Framerate> or <Frametime> graphs after closing 3D application)

Stay tuned! ;)

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Added voltage/frequency curve customization support only for 1070/1080 i guess?

Shame :p

Nice work dude. :)

10. Unwinder

Of course it is for GPU Boost 3.0 capable cards only (i.e. NVIDIA Pascal).

11. Unwinder

BTW, talking about NVIDIA Pascal overvoltage, personally I dislike new NVIDIA's approach. You can no longer change overvoltage offset dirrectly in mV, now overvoltage level is specified in percents, where NV BIOS/driver decide what is 100% for each card. And furthermore, 100% level may be tuned on the fly depending on various factors like temperature. So it is a bit harder to understand for ends user than before.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    thanks for the update Unwinder.

I can already see the influx of "why doesn't Afterburner work" threads already. :D

13. Unwinder

Hehe, since the very first RT betas launched here almost 15 years ago, in 2000, absolutely each new version release received traditional "new crap doesn't work, previous version was better" feedback :D

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    awesome news , the no DX12 RTTS support is a bummer , i'll wait for the official release with DX12 support

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    May ask 1 more think, any future plans for Voltage control for Tonga?

16. Unwinder

Of course no. Tonga is a past and it is behind, sorry.

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Preview for tomorrows release:

18. Unwinder

Hey, dude, during the last 15 years of our cooperation I hear your real voice for the first time ;)
    And BTW, you're adjusting offsets in MHz for each point, not in millivolts.
    And one more addition: disappearing monitoring window on <Ctrl>+<D> is not a bug. When you press <Ctrl>+<D> from curve editor window only the offsets for each point are being reset (but not applied). When you press <Ctrl>+<D> from main MSI Afterburner window then all hardware settings (i.e. fan settings, voltage settings, overclocking settings and monitoring window detachment state) are being reset and immediately applied. So the <Ctrl>+<D> functionality depends on the context where you press it.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    lol?? Its not past, but anyway thanks for the answer.

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah I noticed the MHz offset when I heard it back, it's very tricky talking in English while recording live (when you are not used to doing that + are Dutch). Prolly re-doing the recording tomorrow and correct that one.