AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.5.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, May 23, 2016.

1. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I am not making a fool of myself, I own 3 290x's. I know what they do. I owned Doom on day one, I know how it performed at 1440p on day one. You, on the other hand, simply look at a bench mark and make a fool of yourself spouting as if you know anything (which you don't). You are the only person here (i guess if roy were here that would make two) who thinks a 295x2 was running smoothly at launch at 4k. Everyone else, sees it for what it was, a mess up on roys part. Roy was trying to play damage control, because every single outlet talked about how poorly the hawaii architecture performed at launch, surprisingly poorly.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  3. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    For what it's worth, I don't have the flickering anymore since upgrading (with uninstall) from 16.5.2 to 16.5.3 as long as I don't overclock the card.
    YMMV.

4. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    is there any new update from AMD website 16.5.3 hotfix size is 313MB?

I think the old one 16.5.3 is 322MB?

Because everytime i restart my laptop it appear "system changed restart your computer" something like that...

Last edited: May 26, 2016

5. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    They call it "hotfix" (probably because they consider the changes to be of a "hotfix" character) but it is a full driver package that comes with Cnext/radeonsettings, vulkan, etc...

Edit: oh i see what you mean... yeah the file on my disk is 322 MB... i downloaded on day 1 of release
    hmm just checked, the new link is indeed 313MB.
    maybe they changed something and just dont want to talk about it :)

6. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    Now its clear Thnx for reply... downloading it now...

7. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    YES this driver is the Fastest :infinity:

As far as i know it has some major changes, i think something new will come in couple of weeks -> Next Fastest new WHQL ?

PS. New OGL driver is almost Ready :)

9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    The smaller package seems to be missing an "AMD PSP Device driver.". That was in \Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.5.3-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-May21_old\Packages\Drivers\AMDPSP\ before.

10. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Ha! Definitely just spit coffee everywhere.
    Pot meet kettle..

I wonder if that's the only change.
    Do we know yet if there was a version change in the "updated" 16.5.3?

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    New OGL driver? That means? what? :infinity:

About the WHQL i think mid/end june we will have one.

12. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Additional add-on Extensions.
    But not 100% Sure yet :nerd:

14. Scythe

Scythe Guest

GPU:
    Asus Rx 480 Strix 08G
    Had a problem with these drivers, Forza apex and quantum break were closing with a white screen after a few seconds of trying to open them. Reverted to 16.5.2.1 fixed it.

15. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Unfortunately, I can't properly uninstall the older drivers, since the 295 insider pr. of Win10Prox64 (clean install but had the same problem before formatting) can't enter safe mode (desktop flashes constantly similar to changing between windows, can't launch any program unless I open task manager -ctrl/alt/del- select new task and enter the .exe's full path while trying to input every letter at the exact moment to as not overwrite the whole string and start over), so I can't run DDU there.

As a result, even though I used AMD Uninstaller, then removed the graphics adapter from device manager and finally ran DDU, I think that some registry/whatever vlues remained:

The driver itself is indeed very good, but there is erratic 2d core clock (anything from 300 to 500), same behavior on dxva acceleration (350-600core, 700-1250mem) and "normal" 3d clock between 600-1000 (MSI AB reports 675 without any tampering).

Even with a 3d profile@AB (+50%, +13mV, 1000/1250) there seems to exist some "lag" and many ups and downs the first time I run a game (strangely, this behavior improves upon exiting and relaunching).

Until MS fixes the Safe Mode problem (I was forced to revert from .3xx to .295 due to several problems), I'm not sure I can fully appreciate the situation.

I've also encountered the black Ffox tabs, only solution is exit the program and relaunch.

16. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I have the same issue with 295, but DDU works for me when launched in a normal session of Windows.
    Typically what I do is that I uninstall the drivers with the AMD uninstaller, then I start DDU. I'm given a prompt asking if I want to restart in Safe Mode and I say yes. Once in Safe Mode windows is glitchy and flashing, but DDU launches on its own. So I get to use it and then reboot in a normal session.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Source on this?
    I've searched and found nothing about a new OGL driver to be released...

18. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Thought that something like this might work...

I will give it a try.

TY for your input!

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    This shows the issue occurs when loading the game's assets, suggesting an issue with a storage controller. Could be an issue with the driver for it not sharing well, a memory leak, or hardware share issue. (lots of weirdness and lag with the occasional IRQ Sharing Violation BSOD)

I had a problem with an onboard SATA not coexisting with my vid card ever since I upgraded to Win10. I was finally able to address the problem with a full reset of the mobo's BIOS (with CMOS wipe) so that the internal resource tables would be wiped and rebuilt. Plus I also forced updated chipset drivers using the -overall switch (Intel).

Now they coexist just perfectly.

The reason restarting the game didn't show the issue is because the game has been cached to memory and a lot of it doesn't need to be reloaded.

20. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Source? Source? And: Source?