Overwatch, Blizzards team based shooter thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 13, 2015.

1. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    FOGDaheee#2942

Have sent you 2 a friend request so add me if you like.

2. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Full release and new drivers from AMD and the game defaulted to Ultra and runs better than the Beta. Who needs Pascal & Polaris?

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nice :)

to be fair, you could play this game on medium and hardly notice the difference in visuals, that's how fast paced it is :)

4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Thought I'd let you boys know, it wasn't my CPU OC causing the issue, it was my RAM. There's currently a problem with overclocked RAM in Overwatch, the devs made a post about it. While my memory is actually 1600MHz the game doesn't like it, but if I put it to 133MHz it works perfectly with my old 4.3GHz CPU overclock. Super weird but Blizzard are aware of it at least.

5. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This has nothing to do with XMP profiles right?

7. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Agreed, I am going to try it on my Work laptop with a 8750M see how it holds up.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I find it funny how much Fps shadows can take away. Going from high to low, I gained almost 20 fps back and there really isn't a visual difference.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Yeah, low already looks very good, i put it to medium, absolutely no difference in IQ.

I'll set it back to low as well.

10. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    Deragot#2321 Europe

I will send requests too. Everybody says it is way better with mics but I have not tries it yet. All my Bnet friends are D3 players.

Last edited: May 25, 2016

11. CyberTod

CyberTod Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 960
    Had fun during the beta. Still wondering whether or not to buy it. Strictly pvp is not my main thing.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Decided to level up Mercy today. Got a new costume from a loot box when I hit level 5. So far this game has exceeded my expectations.

[​IMG]

13. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Tried this on my work's laptop and it actually runs quite well.

It has an i5 4200M with 4GB Memory and a AMD 8750M. With the latest Crimson drivers, and a small overclock (960/1000 from 825/900) it auto detects everything to Low, Render Scale 80% but manages to stay at around 50FPS, and it doesn't even look that bad. I get a little bit of stutter, but I think that's the laptops doing with its 4GB of RAM, GPU still on DDR3 and a 5200RPM Hard Drive.

One thing I have noticed, but not exclusive to Overwatch, is how games have changed. What happened to unlocking stuff in the game through progression? Now it seems more based on selling us extra stuff, than playing for it. I know the purchase of Loot Box's are optional and do not affect the games play, but how long would it take you unlock everything if you only got Lootbox's through leveling up? Shame I can't just go in and unlock items for the characters I favour.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So, got my copy yesterday and played it for two hours. First hour was just trying out new chars in Training mode and the second hour was Quick Play. I have never played TF2 or anything like that so the strategic elements of this game became clear only later. The difference between winning or loosing a game can definitely be tied to what classes or even heroes both teams are using. For example I played healer at one point but since the opposing team shot me on sight and no one protected me it really didn't contribute having me as a healer which made them win due to sheer dps advantage.

The fun thing about this game is the variety of healers and their distinct personalities. What will get old quickly is the number of maps. Sure, 12 is a decent amount but I hope there will be more added pretty soon.

The graphical style is very Blizzard with a dash of Disney in it, charming according to me. I do recommend it to people who like team arena shooters.

15. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    HI, ¿anyone knows how to disable bloom on the game?, is horrible for me, to shiny.

Bye, Marcos

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I don't think you can. I can't find a setting for it.

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    All throughout open beta I was hovering around a 50% win rate but since release I've been hovering around 35-40% win rate. I just don't understand.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  18. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I was in a game with 2 genji's and they didn't even bother trying to kill the Bastion eviscerating us. :bang:

19. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I'm probably at 50-60%. Some games are horrible.
    Blizzard force you with 50% win rate in HOTS so they probably do the same here.

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I know that's how it's supposed to work but it doesn't seem to be working in my case.