GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.22 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, May 23, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I keep hearing people with the problem, I dont have any tearing, are people sure they didnt disable hw acceleration in the steam client?

2. CyberTod

CyberTod Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 960
    Rarely see some tests about this in these threads, but did someone notice any problems with nvenc ?
    I tried encoding a file using nvenc_hevc and had lower half distored and green. Reverted to 365.19 and everything is good.

3. SwiftDragon

SwiftDragon Active Member

GPU:
    HOF gtx980ti
    Kind of was hoping for fast sync implementation since they said it'll be available across a wide range of gpu's.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No he didn't. He said that if you popped a Pascal card in you could use it. Which is a far cry from saying that it's Pascal only.

Last edited: May 23, 2016

5. Cygg

Cygg Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4 GB
    It does not make difference. I enabled and still tearing.

6. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I just tested with StaxRip and there were no issues using the 368.22 driver.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Some graphs from my testing:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RotTR DX12 is a little bit faster on these overall.

The only place where I've noticed a performance loss was in RotTR DX11 in Syria with VXAO and only in 1080p - ran all tests twice so unlikely a spike, probably some "feature" of the new R368 branch.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Here is a funny one, I had Firefox minimized while I extracted/read bios with gpu-z, it needed to unload the driver. Now when it loaded it back I get screen tearing firefox..

EDIT: closed it now and reopened, and no tearing..

But regarding steam, I also get random tearing with both 365.10 and 365.19, mostly by discussion section or by my profile and I never changed anything in steam.

What does fast sync do? I didnt check much, can you explain it quick :nerd:

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    @ dr_rus i did not installed these drivers yet but can u test the witcher 3 with these if u have some spare time ?

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sorry, don't have it installed and try to avoid testing in games which don't have built-in benchmarks - too much variation unless you find a long enough and representative in-engine cutscene.

That's because FF lost the h/w device it used and went back to s/w rasterization. Will happen as well if you leave FF open while installing the driver on top of another version.

Steam's tearing is the result of them updating the Chromium browser codebase. It only happens in views which involve rendering some HTML page from the web.

Fast Sync is basically a driver level triple buffering support for DX. Even though it's likely not the same triple buffering everyone are accustomed to.

Last edited: May 24, 2016

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    omg omg omg, there's a freaking huge boost on DX12, might be some serious tweak on asynch compute in this driver.

I worked on my BIOS to get back the performance i felt i lost, and i'm now able to go far beyond what i have ever done in DX12.

In Ashes of the Singularity, after more than 200 BIOS tested and tons of overclock. I've never went beyond 46.4FPS, and i worked my way to it 0.2 fps by 0.2 fps.

Ok... Now... with this driver... i just scored a freaking 48.5 FPS 1440p crazy run... This is insane, there's something going on there. Either overall DX12, or Asynch. Compute, or maybe just a sad optimization for AotS, i'll do further testing.

[​IMG]

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    In short it removes 90% of latency from vsync by eliminating a backbuffer and selectively renders frames.

Anyways, its its kind of similar to gsync but not really, gsync is still superior option.

13. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Full clean install with DDU as usual.
    Looks like a good driver but once you ran a game the idle clocks never came back, hangs on full performance.

Custom fan profile with Afterburner only works when keeping Afterburner open with these. (?)

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Do you actually enable it for your testing? As it's defaults to off on NV h/w.

There's also zero difference in Hitman which would've shown something if there were changes.

You're probably looking at some general DX12 driver improvements.

Nothing of the sorts here.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, does the last driver enable it? I tell you, there's something going on here. I heavily tweak my BIOS to get every single 0.1FPS out of this card. For such a boost there's something freaking weird going on!

Check this, i'm in the middle of 1080 benchmark run:

[​IMG]

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had a hunch there might be some async tweaks in it, maybe not to the max, but a working batch..

So you got 2.5fps boost? well that's ok I guess :p :D, still better then Nothing though.

Speaking of 3dmark Firestrike P, I got this

Just a quick test after driver install & reboot

Had only this at same factory boost OC 1418mhz

So I lost 148 points, test1 ~0.3fps; test2 ~0.82fps, nothing basically, could be fixed on 2nd run, I didnt bother with it..
    **But I got a mini boost by combined score, so far its the highest yet!

e.g. vs my highest OC 1480mhz and combined still sucked lol :D
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7758803

Will try RoTR now, 362 vs 365.19 already got a good boost ~ 10fps on avg, maybe its even more now.:nerd:

Ok thanks,

hmm that fast sync sounds very cool then, hopefully all dx12 gpus get, not just pascal bs limitation.

17. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    Great...ThankĀ“s!!!

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Looks like nv used all its magic with 365.19 :pc1:

Rise of TombRaider
    dx12, exclusive off, default v.high, noaa

118fps on avg

128fps on avg

129.5fps on avg

Also 2nd benchmark has lowest min fps again, guess its a on and off glitch

19. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    That game has a patch in the works that I'm sure will boost DX12 performance.

Thing is with the limited time devs have had with DX12 it is going to take more time for them to properly take advantage of it.

20. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Fast Sync will be only something you want to use if the game is always above your monitor's refresh rate.

The best use of Fast Sync will be with G-Sync. With G-Sync if you go above it would switch to either Vsync On or Off depending how you set it. So G-Sync will cover you when you go below your refresh and Fast Sync will cover you when you go above.

G-Sync and now Fast Sync make NVidia's solutions to tearing and smoothness the best out there now. AMD have a lot to catch up too.