Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I didn't mean to say the game was bad. I was just showing the resource usage on my machine which is more than what some people have said. It plays great and I love it.

2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Aww bless you, glad your proud of your 970, great card.

Theres nothing wrong with the system trust me, and you dont need to tell me about the 970, it was mine for several months before it was passed down I know exactly how it runs.

When I'm saying "fully maxed" thats what I meant (not "very high-high" as you put for eg)
    So for the games I listed, that might have included maximum levels of MSAA aswell.

The point that I was making, which you missed, was that Forza runs GREAT and can easily run maxed out (read: high levels of MSAA included)
    Perhaps the word "struggles" in my post was not the best example, of course the 970 can run all those games fine, but can it maintain minmium 60fps+ at all times in those games. NO.
    Can it maintain minmium 60fps+ at all times in Forza. YES.

My post was in relation to how well Forza runs or is optimized, as someone had complained it ran rubbish on a 950 where other games run fine on that card. I only drew reference to the 970 because its another card I have use of. I dont need to mention how a 980ti @1500mhz runs games at 1080p ;)

Its all about context.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  3. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Another update today, no changelog yet. Any clues?

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

5. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just got a display driver crash for the first time with 365.19 after updating Forza and maxing it out again (No GPU OC either)

Why does it reset all your graphics options after every update? Annoying, keeps setting it back to dynamic

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    If you are gonna talk like that then the only card that will run alwaya 60 + fps is a 500 dollar card which not many people can afford to buy than i will be considering the pc gamer which would want to buy a 500 dollar card a niche market which not many people can. Many people can afford the 970 but not the 980 if maintaining 60 +fps maxed is ur thing than u are one of the few people that can afford the 980 because u are saying things feels like ut saying that a 330 $ card is ****ty and not worth which is totally unacceptable.

8. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    But do you agree thst Forza runs great and looks great on pc? Thats the only point im making.

I think it does.:banana:

9. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    It definitely does for me.

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I can't download this game, it says my copy of windows needs updating, yet, I'm running the current version - pfft, nice job MS, nice job.

11. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I had this issue as well.

I've solved by running the media creation tool, but with the update function instead of create a usb drive.

I've let it doing his things, then once it booted all was good. Turns out that the problematic update of a few months ago, the one that bricked BCD's, was the culprit.

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So let me get this straight...Microsoft released an update which borjked the legal and registered owners of legal copies of Windows 10, knew about it, didn't fix it, and yet here we are months later an they release a game which doesn't work unless you use a media creation tool for a purpose it wasn't meant for????

AYFKM???

Welcome to 1995.

/returns from murdering people.

So, I am meant to use the upgrade feature of the MCT? Is that correct?

13. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Just installed win 10 for the first time and downloaded this game. How the hell do you get past the start screen. It says press A but nothing happens when I do?

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Press Enter on the keyboard?

Maybe the controller isn't working, heard a few people saying they had problems with it

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I had the same issue, tried everything. Downloaded the Xbox app on store and signed in, and various other things. Nothing worked. I think it caused by me using the Destroy Windows spying app and the fact it blocks stuff on the firewall. I didn't bother removing the blocked apps to try, at this point it wasn't worth it for me.

Make sure the Xbox Networking service is enabled in services.msc.

16. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    In my haste I totally forgot I turned the xbox services off lol. It works now and I really like it. It's so smooth and runs capped at 60fps all ultra an 4x AA AT 1440 :)

17. FoxHound

FoxHound Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti
    Good game

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    New update?

Twitter thinks so, I didn't notice mine update though

[​IMG]

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Mine updates automatically because I have app updates set that way. I get no notification. The only way to tell if I got it is to check the file version at C:\Program Files\Windows Apps\Microsoft.ApexPG_x.x.x.x_x64_xxxxxxx. So far I have gotten every one without a hitch.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I can't find the date of the changelog though, so no idea if it was recently or the last update that I did know about