Free Battlefield 4 Final Stand DLC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 19, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Battlefield 4 Final Stand brings the all-out war to the cold arctic with secret military installations unleashing high-tech prototype weapons and vehicles in four new multiplayer maps. ...

Free Battlefield 4 Final Stand DLC

2. unphoto

unphoto Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Volt modded
    So much for buying the premium package a long time ago then...:/

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Why? You got to play it all for a long time way before anyone who is now getting it free did.

Don't understand people who complain about premium going free years and years after they bought it and played it

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Nobody's playing those maps anyway these days. :rolleyes:
    What pissed me off though was when you had to do a series of achievements to get the bow, and with the community update they gave it to everybody just so you had to pick it up to unlock it... like feeding the crybabies because they were to lazy or stupid to unlock it in the first place.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I still haven't got the bow :-D

I'm not crying though lol.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

There is .... a bow in battlefield?.... They thought they were in crysis 3 or Tomb raider? :p

I'm over 500hours on BF4 and do'nt know that lol

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's only for style, it's actually quite underpowered ;)

You used to only be able to get it with prem, doing all the shadow initiative assignments, collecting weirdly hidden dog tags on the Final Stand maps, and some things else. Have 4 people with different classes and the same soldier camo (phantom camo you get from shadow assignment #2) and 4 different dogtags (the 4 hidden on the Final Stand maps, placed randomly at each start of such a map / round so have fun looking for them), go up with an elevator, enter a numerical code, and all the 4 people got the bow.

Now you have to go to that jungle map (I don't recall the name tbh, I think it was outbreak), in the center of the map, open a box, and you get it. Ridiculously easy, giving things for free to discourage players that actually bothered spending time getting it, while feeding things to the less involved crybabies.

Check out these vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4azB6iQGOA
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvWvdpDGMMM

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Holy ****

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No worries, you can get it now on Outbreak, and use it with any class on any map thereafter. But I'm seriously surprised you never happened to kill or see some guy with a bow :D

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    What are people still on about the bow for lol. You can just go get it now easy if you search YT. Find the bow in 30 seconds.

Plus it's a one shot weapon so don't listen to people who say it's weak.

The poison arrow is weak but the Broad head is a one shot and the Bullet head is 90 dmg. The explosive head too is good but only the broad does 100 Dmg.

Check out the community mission. 500K kills with bows. Free gold box.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    ... or look at the links I posted above :rolleyes:

Have fun going 1:1 with the broad tip, it often does not kill on first hit over 15m distance, except with headshots, or somebody else shooting at the guy, or him being damaged already. Have you played it? Broad's still the best and most consistent for me, but sometimes it's a grind... or I play it on the wrong maps (not really fond of wh*ring it on Metro or Locker with poison tip).

12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Of course i have used it and yes if you get a glancing blow you get a hit marker and no kill and yes on maps like operation locker or metro it's hard to use unless you find a good spot.

Plus there is no Head shots with the bow, at least that's what i have read and i've never seen a Head shot with the Bow so i don't even think it's possible.

What i do know is that i get one shotted all the time by it myself.

The community mission is @ 344,249 / 500,000 over a the last few days so it's not that hard to get kills with is it.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well you are right about the first thing, I bet 40% or even more of my kills are 'kill asist counts as'... that's my problem with the weapon, it's actually quite annoying to really kill and finish off a guy. I usually do not play it on crowded maps like metro or locker, then again, on wide open conquest maps it's tricky too because usually you don't see enemies, and if, they're inside a vehicle half of the time... and you're screwed.

Yes, you can definately do HS with the bow. There even is an assignment for it.

If you get one shotted check on the distance (below 15m it can be an insta kill to the chest, not the arms or legs!), if he head shotted you, or if you were already damaged. Usually it's a combination, if we're speaking about the normal arrows (not counting poison which was quite OP and now is still annoying, nor explosive which is the most useless of them all I think).

And in regards to the community mission, other missions like knife kills or the most commonly used weapons aren't 500K, but at least double the number of kills... and they're done faster.

14. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    There's been so many add-ons (not complaining) that I already need to upgrade my 500GB SSD since I bought it 6 months ago. 64GB.

4k textures aren't helping much with file size for modern games.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    But Ryback wants more, it's feeding time! :D

Yeah it's true, BF practically grabs the most of a 120GB SSD... one of the reasons I went for a 512GB SSD with my current rig, for now at least.