Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    why are the tuning options locked out?? i cant tune the cars and the handling is suffering because of thjat, i get so much wheel spins and drifting...

2. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Probably you need to buy parts that allow tuning, I´m not certain.

3. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    unplayable for me on 970, complete stutterfest with new drivers after ddu.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    im on 365.10 and its super smooth game maxed.

5. deets75

deets75 Guest

ha I load up my PC and i get a notification telling me my best score has been beaten.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    just finished the events of the world tour, now going to spotlight events, too bad no more tour events are available looking forward for the actual game release.

7. cudarenderer

cudarenderer Guest

"Dynamic" is bad. Therefore, change to 60 fps with vsync at 60 Hz (monitor) to remove stutters. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  8. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    A lot of people are reporting problems after the game update. Most are seeing a message that they don't have DX 12 compatibility when they played fine before the update. Interestingly, it looks like all of the people with the problems have Nvidia GPU's, and most also have Intel CPU's. Some are fixing it by disabling the Intel graphics but even some with AMD CPU's and Nvidia GPU's are seeing the issue. There have been no reports of the problem by full AMD users. It said in the patch notes that they made improvements for AMD users. I bet those changes broke something for Nvidia. There is a pretty easy workaround but they have to do it every time they launch the game.

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    At console frame rates on console settings?, everything as long as it isn´t a known crappy port. This is just a 60fps console game with baked lighting, 2d trees, low poly tarmac and scenery, non sytem intensive driving model; the thing that stands out are the cars but then that´s an easy job for PC processors under dx12.

Also I´ve been driving the racing corvette around on sim settings and the more time I put into it the less convincing the driving feels, the franchise seems overrated.

10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Here's what HWiNFO shows. The Max values are while playing of course (except for available memory, then the minimums are while playing)
    [​IMG]

It uses almost 7GB of RAM, 100% of each CPU core at some point (95% max total), 98% of the GPU, and almost all 2GB of the dedicated VRAM and another 2700mb of Dynamic memory which I'm assuming is system RAM. So, more than 4GB for the graphics.

It crashed once with a low memory error.

Last edited: May 16, 2016

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Too much memory usage for a racing game but kind of expected since all devs are like virgins at managing system resources on PC now that dx12 has arrived, let´s hope they take notice and fix that within the beta.

12. deets75

deets75 Guest

just another update to gamertags and a shout to add your name to this list if your having fun playing this kinda demo. I am fidning that trying to beat others scores gives the game a lot more depth, even if its just going for third place score or whatever, it encourages you to change the settings and make it harder for the extra points. which for me is giving another level of depth.

I also play for about an hour or so yesterday and by the end I was getting major texture pop in and slow downs, very odd, but something isnt going right. was doing this on practise laps as well, so not other cars and such.

anyway, heres the gamer tags so far listed, add yours and sorry if I missed anyone:

deets1975
    The Omega M4n
    Cyga000
    Binarystar2180
    MadMuTT420
    Placebo PRS

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    [​IMG]

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I have the issue myself with a Fury X runnins newest driver.
    Fury X and i7 3930k @ 4.2.
    Have to hold page up when you click quit and you still can play.
    [​IMG]
    Plays 35+ fps on ultra @ 4k too. AVG 40-60fps on high settings @ 4k. 60 fps locked @ 1440p on ultra.

If I didnt have to redownload the game on my PhenomII X6 1055t @ 3.5ghz rig with a R9 280 3GB, id test it on there to see if it has any issues with this.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  15. deets75

deets75 Guest

:uhoh:

sorry :( btw I cant add you, says try again later or something

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    It's ok I thought it was funny, and Claire Danes is a very good actress ;)

17. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Hmmmm. Just been reading the guru3d 1080 review which benchmarked the 950 iat 2160p in many modern games.
    Fps ranged from 2-12fps iirc

So based on that id say this games is optimized as well, if not better, than many others.

You aint fooling anyone when you say your 950 (essentially an entry level/ htpc gpu) can and should be playing games at 2160p, console settings or not.

My son has a 970 and that struggles in several modern games fully maxed at 1080p (Rise of the Tomb raider,GTA5,Division,Seige,Witcher even Fallout 4).....but I can tell you it runs Forza 6 fully maxed like a dream :banana:

For a free game, that is in beta stage, its great.
    But if you dislike it so much you seem to be hanging around this thread quite alot ??

18. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    its been downloading and downloading an downloading for 5 days now at one point hit over 20 gigs then the next day down to 0.1gb now its stuck on 11.3 of 12mb ,bout to give up on this crap

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    bro your statement isn t accurate not by a bit, check the system before stating these infos. because I can easily max rise of the tomb raider at 1080p and gta 5 plays 60 fps very high-high witcher 3 play superbly at 1080p at 60 fps, so definitely something with the setup is wrong and not with the 970.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I think the game ran well on the 750ti which I had before, but that was with the dynamic setting, at 1080p, I don't know but I have nt had any slowdowns but if you mention that it is actually using more than it should considering the graphics on offer, I agree it is a crappy port, but to me it ran much better than project cars which also doesn't offer any better scenery than this game does.