AMD Catalyst 16.5.2.1 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, May 16, 2016.

1. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  2. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Had a few minutes to "kill", ran some 3DMark. All scores are within margin of error.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  3. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
  4. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Nice test thanks

5. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    After reading about many others having the same 30fps with vsync enabled issue its seems Vsync in Doom is kinda wonky for some.
    If you're in full-screen, try switching to border-less and see if that fixes it.
    Some say alt-tab to the desktop and back may also work.

The easiest way to test if in-game vsync is the issue....
    Just disable the in-game vsync and see if goes above 30fps and has better GPU load.....if it does, then you know its the in-game vsync causing it.
    (and not your drivers/CCC panel settings or something else locking you at 30fps)

I've never seen the issue since I'm running a Freesync 144hz monitor with in-game vsync disabled.....so Im afraid i cannot be much more help than that.(sorry)

6. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3060 Ti
    Dude... your VSYNC is ON.

7. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Great way of presenting your results. Thanks.

:)

8. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    16.5.2 / 16.5.2.1 Broken VSR, Broken rendering in game "The Crew"

Hey peeps :)

This driver along with previous 16.5.2 wrecked "The Crew" rendering (for me at least) :bang:

Remember the rendering issues in race when playing "Project Cars"? Well my current issues with "The Crew" seem to be one and the same but only occurred once I installed 16.5.2 (installed via update first, had issues, cleaned with DDU, re-installed, still had issues, cleaned again, installed 16.5.2.1, still had same issues, thought F?ck it & played "The Division" instead :p)...

So far seems "The Crew" is the only game with any issues worthy of comment that I have noticed at least (I have almost all AAA games including latest titles)...

Before I forget though, I can not get VSR to work in any game, period... 16.5.2 VSR was broke for me & 16.5.2.1 is broken also...

Ps. Anyone have a clue as to why Vulkan was downgraded in 16.5.2.1? could it have some relation to the issues I am experiencing? I do not understand enough about the workings of Vulkan to make an informed guess at what is causing the problems. Saying that though, 16.5.2 displayed the same issues, so is vulkan also broken in that driver too? :confused:

I have been AMD for most of my PC lifetime (exactly why, I really do not know :3eyes:) but unless they get their Sh*t together, Nvid are about to knock on the door & give them a good :bathit: coz it would seem that Nvid have really caught them with their pants well & truly down > :moon:

EDIT
    ===

Seems that the issue with "The Crew" is directly related to MSAA within the game itself... Enable it in-game in any variation & there are rendering glitches... Checked with other games using in-game MSAA options & there are no issues with rendering, so the culprit is Ubi coding, AMD driver is GOOD :thumbup:

Regards VSR not working, well that has now changed too. For some unknown reason, it came to life yesterday & is now working fine for all games on my HD monitor but I can not for the life of me get it to activate on my Panasonic TV (enable it & it immediately disables itself :bang: )...

Soooo, all in all 16.5.2.1 is a great driver giving perf increases across most of my games collection... Looking forward now to seeing just how far AMD can push my R9 390 along with the fury cards... There is more to these cards than meets the eye it would seem !!!

Peace peeps :cheers:

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  9. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Yep. Playing with it in every game.
    Tried without Vsync and fps is good. 70-90 but that tearing.:wanker:
    BTW played without MSI afterburner.

10. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Much appreciated, thanks!

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    turn it off ingame and force it in crimson along with OGL triple buffering.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. foxX

foxX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800XT MERC
    @Havel: set the game to windowed (fullscreen) and then it will be "what tearing?" instead of "that tearing"

14. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Guest

GPU:
    Vega64
    Confirms what I'm seeing in DOOM too. These drivers are amazing ! The boost is huge !

But now I wonder; such a boost is odd. Did they "forget" something somewhere, or overlooked anything because this is not the first driver with dedicated DOOM enhancements so they must have found something all of a sudden ?

15. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    YE they find out that nvidia had the double of performance or more XD

16. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I don't see much difference between 16.5.2 and 16.5.2.1 on my rig with a 270X. It seems that the fixes were aimed at the 390 series primarily. I may be getting slightly better performance but only a few frames if any.

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    One thing I'm noticing with the Crimson drivers since 16.3 is that I can no longer override application settings for Anisotropic Filtering. The only option I have is to use the application settings. The AA options are all there.

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It's still there for me (R9-280X) even on 16.5.2.1.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Probably problem with data in registry as there is no objective reason to disable it for any card.

20. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Guest

GPU:
    Vega64
    At double the price too :)