Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Dec 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  2. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    I love the Valkyrie playstyle but at present with the way the world bosses are you'd be better off with a ranged class as melee has a tenancy to be one shot regardless of lvl or DP :bang:. Maehwa is my current lvling alt but I'm considering doing my Ranger and Sorcerer or possibly a Wizzard/Witch too :nerd:

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    I'm Valk and i think i'm gonna shield throw at everything and stay further back as possible. when i do shield throw i get agro, so i guess i do enough dmg with that to warrant a boss drop?

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you'll be doing a lot less damage than Rangers do with their shotgun or wiz/witch. Not to mention those who hack get all the damage done and get the drops. Sad but true.

5. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    I hope they do an update get rid of those aholes.. i do see different names on the world alerts for drops when a boss dies though. one of my lvl 50 guildy even got a boss armor. I'm sure he doesn't cheat. but we need a patch to get rid of those outlaws lol...

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sure, you can still get the gear, but you're kinda relying on cheaters not to be there. What class was your guildie that got boss armor?

Do you want to know how they're fighting cheaters? I've seen GMs in game running around Hexe looking for them. I sh*t you not.

7. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    The guy who got the armor is a lvl 50 ranger. not very effective to run around each server it seems. I hope they use the money i spend on cash shop for good use. Geez already at $280 :(

8. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    have you guys farmed for witch's earnings and Mark of shadows? how was your luck with that stuff got more than 1 to drop? any tips?

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I had my Hexe node at lvl 8 and I farmed there for about 50 hours, never got a drop. I did get 2 quest earrings (witch's equivalent) through doing the hourly quests, from Becker then turning tokens into earrings, upgrading them etc.

Mark of shadow I was a little bit more successful, had one drop, my node was lvl 6 there. Didn't farm it much though, it was highly contested on Jordine so it had to be done off peak. Again, I got myself a quest ring (Mark of shadow equivalent) through the hourly quest, ring for tokens.

So yeah... it's easily done, all you have to do is go there a couple of times a day or more and do the hourly quest and you'll have them.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Oh welcome back Eclap!

I spend very little time gearing up in this game more time spent farming/fishing/horse breading then I just buy the gear I need from the market place, bought my +15 main and off hand weapons for tamer so I can do scroll bosses for more money :3

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thanks.

Yeah, good thing about BDO is you can get most of the gear in many other ways. You can grind, you can fish, you can craft, you can breed... All of this rewards you with silver that you can use to buy gear.

I'm kinda done with the game, at least until Valencia comes out. I hit lvl 50 in early access and then got lvl 54 as soon as Mediah hit. Kinda got burnt out on the whole thing.

I would stay and play more if I made a couple of alts. Problem is, I have spent money on costumes (ghillie, fishing, cosmetic) and inventory space/weight limit on my ranger. Also bought underwear, glasses etc for my ranger. So she's fully decked out.

I just can't see myself doing the same with alts. The hackers and insane RNG is killing it for me too. I had a really good time and had some awesome PvP moments, I love the fact that you have to keep an eye on the minimap when grinding contested spots. Also grinding contested spots in a group was great fun, the amount of sh*t that goes down when 2 groups have it out is great.

But overall I think I just need a break from the game.

12. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    I regret my buy. Are you allowed to sell your account? I like my rpg's /mmo's story driven, but this one.. It is so bad that a five year old could write better lore..
    I even bought a birdy to pick up loot, all it did do, was pick my pocket for money.
    I'm back in lotro, and i will stay there for my mmo needs.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  13. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    yeah I can't imagine creating an alt and doing this all over again, specially after buying stuff for my main and spending too much money. anyway RNG gods were on my side, I got 5 witcher's earings. Now to Mark of Shadows.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What's the recommended approach to BDO? I've reached lvl 20 by doing normal quests but nothing more since I'm really having a hard time grasping how everything works. Let take an example : I bought a worker but have no idea how to make him work. I understand I need nodes and trade routes?

Is all you can do in BDO besides the leveling up "necessary"?

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Well new content coming june 1st, 16-20 enchanting massive new areas, new mounts ect :3

@netherwind its up to you how you play the game I am super casual player as I'm a Dad with not a lot of spare time so I do a lot of afk fishing and farming as they bring in a lot of money but you don't have to do any of that stuff you can just grind mobs and sell the drops.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xgNeIRYz-x4fkQ7jNGBpGmJ0dE7wRDPHsKZAP6rl5tA/edit

That a nice little basic guide to levelling up very fast and efficient you can grind the area's for gear and loot.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the +16 to +20 upgrading will be such a headf*ck. Thing is those with +17 and +18 gear will have a massive advantage over those with 15 gear. You basically get one shot. Not to mention that a countless hours spent going from +16 to +17 could result in you going back to +15.

Yeah, I don't have enough free time for that. If I was unemployed, maybe. Otherwise it's GG.

Need a new time sink lol.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    They have changed the way it works from the Korean grind fest, you can force all the way to +18 now so no way near as bad.

19. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    how many stones is that? 75+ to force from 17 to 18?

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, didn't know they decided to do that. Still, so you'll have +18 but those elite ones will have +20. GG, one shot on sight.

Forcing to +18 would take quite a lot of hours of grinding too. Meh. I'll skip.

Might look into selling my account cheap.