DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    my i5 4460 is locked at 3.2 and i have yet to have any kind of problem, especially in doom, rock solid 60, so urs at that clock is overkill.

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yes, but, we're showing our age here. The new generation coming into PC gaming don't know that history. :nerd:

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Too true.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    amd have issues with opengl based games since the first counterstrike in 1998, nothing new here.

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Perf is great here, even without CF. Just some texturepopping which is spoiling it for me. I may move Doom to my SSD to see if thats any better.

At last Fury owners have good perf., R3xx trails a bit:

[​IMG]

This just reflect what I'm experiencing. 40-60 fps @4K without AA and 20-30 @ 5K. With Vulkan and CF I hope on a solid 60 fps 5K.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    3440 x 1440 on one card (everything maxed) and it runs ultra smooth - great game, great release and most importantly, great fun.

Credit where credit is due, good job Bethesda and Id :D

7. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Except it seems awfully fishy that;
    1. They have AMD using Opengl 4.3 and Nvidia using Opengl 4.5.
    2. Have vulkan perfectly acceptable to showcase in front of everyone for a 1080 show, but on release (since the 1080 isn't out yet), we have to wait.
    3. And somehow we are supposed to believe, that a company the size of Bethesda doesn't own any AMD cards in their QA department?

Sorry, not buying it.

8. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Lol, AMD getting a big spanking in this one, especially early GCN. Why aren't people crying foul that AMD is gimping Tahiti and Hawaii in favor of Fiji?

9. Aelders

Aelders Guest

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    AMD's OpenGL feature support is terrible... Really ridiculous you blame Id for this, gcn 1.2 is doing fine... This is on amd, not id.

10. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Just purchase, downloading now. :D

11. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Dont worry,after Gtx 1080 release all nvidia cards will be gimped by drivers.

The game should run smooth if put shadows on medium/high.Thats the Bethesda&ID lapdogs fault.
    In beta the game runs great,now before Gtx 1080 release he runs awful for some rigs.And I dont give a damn about Ultra+ Quality if game runs great on some lower settings.

12. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its because AMD cant do wrong according to people.
    They rather blame Nvidia or the Developer, no matter how many times this occurs.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Meh, most will be upgrading to Pascal anyway :p

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Or because iD is making AMD use openGl 4.3 and nvidia is using OpenGl 4.5. Or because they are holding off the vulkan release until the 1080 comes out. Take your pick.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Well Doom might the be the very first game that gonna get gimped, we shall see it later, but i do trust nvidia to do their magic :D

17. Aelders

Aelders Guest

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    I cannot wait to prove you ,and all the others who maintain there is even precedent for such a thing, wrong.

The beta was at medium settings and some settings would change depending on the system configuration. If you had even bothered to check you would have discovered that immediately. You jump to conclusions on a whim, it is palpably absurd to claim such a thing.

It seems like you have difficulty contemplating, then verbalising and typing, anything but cursory, one-dimensional, palpably untrue - and probably very salty - theories regarding performance.

We are all sorry the game isn't running well on GCN 1.0+1.1, but having a fit and pointing fingers with ridiculous claims here on Guru3D isn't going to make AMD fix it any faster.

People other than Turanis, moab6000, and the9quad;
    If it wasn't eminently clear from their posts, don't listen to these people.

https://twitter.com/idSoftwareTiago/status/731269988242202624

18. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    except AMD supports OpenGL 4.5, but for some reason iD doesn't allow that path in this game for AMD, so there is that....

19. Aelders

Aelders Guest

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000

Man, those feature levels are not well behaved on AMD, many developers choose to play it safe and use 4.3 it's not something strange, there's no gimping. OpenGL is famously ****ty on AMD, and they don't give a **** because they're focusing on vulkan and dx12. Wait and see what they do, but you can just google it and discover all the problems with amd and ogl 4.4 and 4.5

The Vulkan release is still in testing probably, just because they did a demo doesn't mean it'll run fine on all hardware. On top of this the doom devs already replied regarding GCN problems and they said to wait for amd fix

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its probably because AMD were lazy like usual and didnt keep communication lines open. Its like a tradition for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.