Doom 4 performance and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 13, 2016.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I deleted the default profile in the gamesettings and added the doom64 one in stead.

The default one has the wrong exe name.

2. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I'm calling it now, vulkan patch will not be released until the 1080 is out. Nvidia and id won't allow it. They can't have AMD looking good before the release of the 1080, and the 1080 performs well in vulkan.

3. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Ah I see, thanks, yeah seems to work now.

Not sure whats going on with this game but the graphics options don't seem to make any difference to performance whatsoever, stick it on ultra and it works fine but then the fps in places, stick it on low and same fps with the same dips in the same places....

Checking gpu-z and it shows the gpu load as being 100%

Something definitely odd here - driver woes?

4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Smooth as silk on a ultra expensive 980ti? Wow :p

5. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Anyone figure out how to get triple buffering to work? It only works if I run it in a window, and that is immersion breaking. Running full screen window and full screen has no triple buffering. Which sucks, because my performance is around 55ish fps, and that means its always running at 30 fps if i'm not in a window. Its forced in the profile, and globally but it does nothing. Wolfenstein Old Blood has the same issue and that game has been out for how long?

Halp! LOL.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  7. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Setting another CF profile then the default won't work again it seems.
    Although they have fixed that you don't need to maximize to see the "use another CF line".

8. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I noticed the same thing as well. I thought the game used 4.3 until I saw some screenshots from Nvidia owners with it saying 4.5. Wonder why that is? I used OpenGL extensions viewer to check and if I'm reading this correctly my card and drivers fully support 4.5 but it says I have GL 4.4 at the top. Oh well Vulkan is what I'm really interested in trying out.

Overall my performance has been pretty good. I have everything maxed out except shadow quality, its takes a huge FPS it if I do.

[​IMG]

9. headkase

headkase Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 380 4GB Nitro
    Everyone complaining about performance: I have an R9 380 4 GB Nitro from Sapphire. It runs perfectly smooth with most settings on Ultra. I left the anti-aliasing mode to the default, left the anisotropic filtering on 4x and put everything else on Ultra. Works perfect @ 1080p. In addition, because of The Witcher 3 I already had tesselation globally set in Crimson to 8x. The tesselation override is probably what is making me have such good performance.

10. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Using Tesselation 8x override doesn't help for me. r9 390
    At High preset in the opening room, my fps is 45. In the outdoor area, it does increase to 100fps.
    970 users report much higher FPS than mine tho.

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well, im happy with teh performance..
    With my gtx670 and teh game set to 900p, i can set everything on Ultra/Nightmare, besides shadows, they are on high.
    And it runs wonderfull. mostly around 60 or more FPS..

im very happy with it, i didnt even imagine that my old rig would play it so nicely..

using the newest drivers..

12. kodachrome

kodachrome Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    IMO its the best looking game at the highest performance Ive played. I get 45-60fps (adaptive Vsync) with everything on Ultra and AA on Low at 4k. And it doesnt seem to bog down either, it just flies along.
    Titan X at 1380mhz/4000 on a fairly aged now I5 4690k @ 4.5Ghz.

Assume when Vulkan is supported Im at 60FPS+.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    All you need is Radeon Pro Magic trick :)
    Set in RP for DOOM:
    Spoof Video Adapter and Set ID for 6xx then 7xx and 9xx (why 3 of'em, so you'll notice that game is Gimped also for Older nV GPU's :) )

Q:
    So it will be Gimped also for Maxwell?
    A:
    Of course, but slowly in time, the "new" 1080 must sell :bang:
    Q:
    Why you do this s.it?
    A:
    $$$$$$ we like that, its goooood :flame2:
    Q:
    But what about Gamers and Developers?
    A:
    :eatme:

14. LaciBognar

LaciBognar Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 4G 3GB
    Anyone having problems with sound in game?

Currently I am having no sound in either the menus or in-game , only cutscenes(probably because they are video files and not rendered in engine)

Tried changing the frequency 48000 or 41000 ,16bit to 24bit ,updated my realtek driver ,nothing eems to work.

Anyone with a similar issue? or possibly a fix for it?

15. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    @Real-Interviews after the Truth pill
    @ :rpg:
    Yeah, typical :bang:

[​IMG]

So we gave him a Truth Pill:
    Q: Why performance on Radeons are lower than supposed to be? It's not that Heavy Game at all, and it not look so great aether :nerd:
    A: We have to do it, that was call from above :bang:
    Q: OK, so why that was not in place when Beta was online and for free? Radeon GPUs have even better performance !
    A: It's called "fishing", after that shady maneuver ppl have in mind that Game will perform OK on their H/W (no matter the vendor)
    and they go shoping :eatme2:
    Q: So someone clearly making money on gimping things on Radeons?
    A: Yes, it's called Marketing campaign to sell "one and only good" chips :3eyes:
    Q: Thank you very much for your honesty.
    A. NP i will lose my job, but f.k it :)

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  17. Flano

Flano Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 FURY X 4GB HBM
    GameDont Works

No f-ing doubht in my mind on this one, Nvidia intentionally F***ING things up, impeding progess our enjoyment and pissing away our precious time and money.

I am unable to enjoy many various titles because of nvidia's purposeful sabotage. --> It is ****ing cancer.

I'm getting 70 - 110fps in DOOM runs OK on Fury X using 144hz desktop refresh ... looking forward to either Vulkan or some CFX though.

Nvidia can go suck a big fat one. :infinity: :pc1:

18. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    The numbers from gamegpu

maximum quality settings 1920x1080
    [​IMG]
    maximum 2560x1440 quality settings
    [​IMG]
    maximum quality settings 3840h2160
    [​IMG]
    CPU test at maximum quality settings 1920x1080
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  19. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Still not a single current top tier amd gpu (Fury X, Fury, Nano, 390x) at GameGPU, but hey, at least they can test fx cpus. That's something I guess.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Some metacritic com negative reviews:

This is an overpriced pile of trash. You run around punching demons bascially, that can randomly Teleport into the map wherever they like, which is pretty lazy dev-wise. Also, the advancement is cut off until you've killed all the demons in the area you're in a bunch of times, then they just spawn in random waves. Be prepared to fight the same 3 mobs in a brown environment with two weapons for the frist hour at least

=============

10h single play 60$??? 40$ season pass??? they seem to create new game at dlc lol

If you're not played the previous game, do not buy this game

=============

Welcome to doom 2016, a game with a bit more than decent artstyle and a very reptitive gameplay.
    I'll point out some general things:

1.repetition - the game is painfully repetitive. you'd be doing the same things over and over again more than you asked for too much too early.

2.plot - As you would expect, the story is there just as an excuse for the game to have some story. nothing really interesting about the plot.

3.artstyle - the artstyle is almost great and fits to doom's hellish theme, although when you kill demons they drop candy crush items which bugged me

4.cashgrab - as soon as you click on the multiplayer mod you'd get an ad on the menu to buy more stuff for you experience.

5.graphics - overall nice looking game with everything on ultra but even then you'd notice low res textures.

6.sound - almost good but not quite there in my personal opinion.

overall its a decent game but wasn't my cup of tea. I sent a refund request.

==========

Not on the same level as Doom 3 or Resurrection of Evil. This is just a mindless, overly-fast-paced "dude bro" style shooter. If running around and breezing through enemies is your thing, you'll love this garbage. If you liked the survival horror style of things that Doom 3 provided, then you will be extremely let down by this game.

I had been waiting so long for a Doom 4. I was so excited. What a letdown. :(

========

this is not the DOOM i knew as a teen. this game is terrible. the controls are terrible. the SP is a joke. it looks and feels so lazy from the developers. its a dull game. and i am sad for spending that money on it. i would be fine if the game was tagged at 10 bucks. not more. huge disappointment , its pure garbage don't trust the 10* fake reviews , don't fall for it.

==========

What a boring pos. No wonder they held back review copies. Save your money if you really must play it. It is already 45 dollars at Newegg and will be in the 20 dollar bargain bin in a months time.

==========

In desperate need of an update. This game seems to really despise running well. Frequent crashes, horrible frames per second and most of the time it doesn't even load. I have tried everything to get it working and it never works. I have much bigger games on my PC but this one doesn't even want to live.

==========

A candy colored mistake of a game, the enemies look like muppets. Took me a half an hour to make the decision to get a refund on STEAM. This isn't doom. I don't know what they were thinking.

:bang: