DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    New game ready DOOM drivers 365.19 seem worse performing than 365.10, getting loads of juddering and stuttering now

2. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Game run good on GTX 780. 1440p max settings, highest AA and 35_50 FPS.Only DOF and chromatic abberation are OFF.Gameplay is smooth. I do not have any stuttering or lags. (361.75 drivers)

Reshade not working in this game. :(

Native 1440p shots

http://abload.de/img/doomx642016-05-1310-3riu8k.jpg

http://abload.de/img/doomx642016-05-1310-451u0y.jpg

http://abload.de/img/doomx642016-05-1310-4qfumt.jpg

http://abload.de/img/doomx642016-05-1310-4f9u63.jpg

http://abload.de/img/doomx642016-05-1310-4iyuu3.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    What does Sharpening?

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Really? Thought I'd install them first thing before trying the game but maybe not after all.

Using 365.10 atm.

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Not seeing that. Biggest difference is multiplayer performance is better with .19 than .10 (GTX680m).

Btw, the one thing that they got wrong with this game is Multiplayer and Snapmap modes require restarting/reloading the game, so, apart from Campaign mode, the game has to load twice before you can play. This needs to be sorted asap.

On the otherhand, I've played all 3 modes now and I can say it's a very good game. An essential purchase if you're a Doom fan. If you're looking for something that tests the old grey matter, then, this might not be for you. You must enjoy killing things to "get" this game.

6. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    sharp image, less blur. 0,5 is OK.

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The only performance difference I noticed was with 365.10 the intro vids would go over 500fps. With 365.19 they stay within 400fps. YMMV.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    is that right to be doing that? or is it an optimization issue?

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, 365.10 were great apart from one small section where it dipped into the 30s/40s

Soon as I loaded up the game with 365.19, albeit a new part of the map I hadn't been to, but no more complex than anywhere else, and my frames were 90% below 40, and then they dropped to 16fps even in the menus

Messed about with graphics settings, turned everything max again and nightmare, and it jumped back to 60, then couple mins later, back to 30s

Gonna reboot the machine again in a while and have another try, see if it was a glitch

[​IMG]

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    looking at the required specs, is my ol 660 doomed? (no pun intended) though im only at 1600 x 900 monitor now, still waiting for 1070 and Polaris

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's similar to my GTX680m. Everything on low...playable. Anything from 20-45fps at your resolution. May occasionally hit 55fps in multiplayer (sorry, this number is wrong, you should get occasional 60fps+). May need a bit of oc to help min-fps. YMMV.

13. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG] <- Heh, submission form WAD-E1M4

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <- Dopechan?

[​IMG] <- Thought enemies dropped a lot of stuff already? Try the chainsaw!

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    which you submit to your "Command Controller". Haha, great stuff!

PS: anyone who doesn't get this is a noob :)

16. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    So is anyone playing in Ultra Nightmare graphics? Is that graphical preset available on release?

Noticeable differences between Ultra and Ultra Nightmare?

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Check this post by Jonas (and the post within the post, very Inception)

18. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I noticed many graphical presets according to the link were still set to Ultra even though one or two were set to Nightmare. Can one toggle them all to Nightmare?

19. syebotext

syebotext Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760 OC
    My biggest problem with doom 4 currently is that in certain areas when I look at something it can drop to 30 fps but when I look away it goes back up to 50-60 fps I dont rly know what is the cause im guessing physix or something because my processor is older :/

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    My freaking lord. This is amazing.

No texture stream in problems.

No dip in FPS whatsoever(Except in some of the outside areas but I feel that has something to do with 365.19 so I'm gonna roll back at some point).

Gonna put my thoughts in a spoiler tag, might be some spoilers.
    So the gameplay is pretty damn solid. This reminds me more of Doom than say Doom 3 ever did, it is run and gun x100. Weapons are just like the classic doom, demons and enemies are classic doom(More of a spoiler, they are in the end too!), and Doom Marine is more of a badass than what the guy in Doom 3 was. Woo damn.

This game was well worth the wait. Performs awesome, looks awesome, awesome single player(Have not touched final MP or Snapmap yet, but the beta was awesome), the story is mixed with classic Doom with a few more elements in the story to help it make sense more. Actually introduces some characters that are useful(I'm looking at you Doom 3), everything just seems to fit in pretty well.

I do have one complaint. My first complaint is the upgrade system in the game you can do to your armor, health, ammo, damage, etc etc. I don't like that too much, but you can just as easily go without extra upgrades. Some upgrades are mandatory as they are apart of the story, but I could do without the whole thing. It feels a lot like the upgrade system in Crysis 2, but then again some of the elements with the Doom Marine feels like say Prophet in a Nanosuit.

ID says the campaign takes about 13 hours or so, I unlocked it a few hours early and completed it in about 12 or 13 or so, admitting though I did do it on a lower difficulty at first. Gonna do it again at a higher one!

HUGE STORY SPOILER
    So in the end it turns out that scientist Olivia Pearce is working with Hell to gain power and knowledge. Reminds me a lot of Bertruger in Doom 3 but is done way better. She releases the demons of Hell in the living realm, she gets power, knowledge, and command. Well turns out, Doom marine messes that up and she doesn't get any of that. She's betrayed by the demons of hell, and is sacrificed to the Spider Mastermind. So, she's gone, you seal the portal of hell with an intent to completely destroy them, but General Hayden who is now a robot tells you no. They need the energy from Hell to power many of mankind's modern marvels. So in the end he stops you from destroying Hell completely, and then sends you off.

It opens the game up for more to come, which is exciting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.