Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Yep, noticed this happening since day one. I just make it a habit to check the video settings every time I play.

Noticed this as well, since this first patch got pushed out. I've had it happen on Spa during daytime, Yas at night and Brands in the rain. Half the time I walk away thinking it has crashed or frozen, just to have my car fly into the wall several seconds later. Yay for beta!

2. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Having lots of fun with this game. Too bad the performance and stability is a lot worse with today's update. I assume once the beta is done, it won't be free anymore?

3. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It's supposed to always be free.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Sadly even after the patch the maximum frame rate is still 60 but apparently they are working on unlocking it fully.

5. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    The new update has got rid of all the crashes for me so that is good !!

I also added another profile for the game in NV control panel because I saw the first profile was based on the folder name being "microsoft.apexpg_8wekyb3d8bbwe" (you can see this in nvidiaprofileinspector) wheras post update it is now "microsoft.apexpg_1.1.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe"

I had to take ownership of the Windowsapps folder in order to browse to the new folder and select forzamotorsportapex.exe when creating the profile.

New
    [​IMG]
    Old
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  6. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I just played and uninstalled, I congratulate people that can brute force and smoothly play this stuff at 1080p on $600 gpus but in reality for a 60fps xbox game, the optimization on pc is atrocious. I have to put it on low at like 1366x768 to play it smoothly, just ridiculous, even my gtx660 used to outperform ps4´s gpu easily and the 950 @1500mhz is like 50-60% faster. I´m not gonna touch dx12 releases until game devs and nvidia get their **** together, when devs learn dx12 and nvidia puts legit dx12 hardware out there.

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Disagree. 1080p on a $600 GPU, no thanks, more like 2160p

This game runs butter smooth at 60fps at 4k DSR with every option maxed, bar MSAA which ive got at x2 (with MFAA on aswell) and it looks stunning
    The image is so clean, crisp and stable its untrue.

Let me tell you pCars doesnt run smoothly on my rig at 4k..... and a whole lot of other games aswell !!

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    So what framerate did they unlock if it was already unlocked to 60, and after the patch it is still 60? lol

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Well I saw some people say that they had dips on cards like yours, and runs like **** here... gtx950 should be running this at 2160p and 60fps considering the base hardware is designed to run on.

On other matters the car handling was an absolute disappointment, casual driving game it is, felt like driving club.

10. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Not seeing any dips myself, but GSync is working nicely anyway now since I added a profile and enabled it, so i wouldnt really notice them anyway.

With all due respect what other modern games can you run at 2160p with a GTX 950 ?
    None.

Compared to other games it runs fantastic

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They just allow tearing. I guess it's better for g-sync/freesync that way but I have no clue who would play it with tearing locked at 60 fps.

All assists off the car handling is quite nice in my opinion. That begin said I've only done some karting and never been on track with real car (so judging by how cars handle in basic driving...).

It works perfectly everything maxed out with single GTX 970. In your case 2GB VRAM is probably the limiting factor.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    bro its your system not the game, check whats wrong with your system before talking like this, game was running smooth on my small 750ti.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Tried the game last night at 4K maxed out settings, only with 2xMSAA, and it seemed to run a hell of a lot better post-patch than it did before with hardly any stuttering now (watch those words come back to haunt me!!!).

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I noticed they fixed the shadow issue in night tracks.

15. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Well, watching latest videos it seems I should have been getting 60fps easily at 1080p... who knows what the problem was but I doubt I´m gonna download it again unless someone comes with a handling mod :banana:

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    LMAO, you win the internet bro! :stewpid:

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It plays very smoothly at 1080p for me with my rig with a $150 GPU. Do I get 60fps? No, but I don't care about that. The dynamic settings keep me at a constant 30 and that's just fine. It couldn't be smoother.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Bro we already know the 950 performs in some games good and some games very bad so do a clean install of ur drivers use ddu program and install 365.10 version try to clean ur system using wise care. I always keep my system fresh using wise care and uninstallinf drivers using ddu and doing clean install of new ones.

19. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Thanks for the suggestions but the problem was the default performance target option (I downloaded again!) which was making the game jittery, blurry and slow... now it runs at constant 60fps with a couple ultra settings, even at night/rain/replays :)

As for the game the reflection on the windshield seems way overdone, any option to change it?. Also about the handling, it´s ok on simulation I guess, however it feels a bit outdated compared to the latest stuff from codemasters/kunos/SlightlyMad, even Milestone.

20. KayserKay

KayserKay Member

GPU:
    Palit Super JS GTX 1070
    No Problems here. Steady 60 FPS with all on high/ultra. Amazing game. Blades of my 970 don´t spin ... dead silent when playing this game!