Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It looks like I really need to tweak the card setup if I want to get the maximum out of the car. In this all the cars seem to oversteer like crazy. I usually prefer slight oversteer to understeer but in this case I must use completely different approach...

2. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I installed Dxtory to check framerates. With the target set to dynamic, the game seems to keep me at a steady 30fps and play very smoothly. I set the target to 60 and it still played well but fps would dip below 25 at some points on the rainy tracks and there was some slight stuttering at times. It did hit 60 a lot though but the quality seemed to be slightly less but I may have been imagining that. Bottom line is the game plays very well on my rig. It has become my favorite racing game already. The competition includes Dirt3 and some of the Need For Speed titles like Rivals, Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted, and the old original Hot Pursuit also known as NFS III. I never played a Forza game before because I've never had an Xbox and couldn't justify buying one for just one game. I always was impressed by how realistic they looked.

3. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    What did you set in-game AF too (no way to turn off ingame?) when you force 16 through driver ?

Also im getting regular CTD with this game sadly, although it runs and looks great.

Running 4k DSR, maxed out options but with x2MSAA. Gsync appears to be working aswell after I enabled it via the profile.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    game works great on xbox 360 controller and for a console port the graphics are sweet

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I left the in-game AF at 16x.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has anyone had issues with the game 'remembering' the graphics settings? On my machine, the settings seem to randomly reset from time to time. At launch, on first boot, it defaulted to 5K @ Ultra dynamic settings but a few days it reset from the custom settings at 2560x1440 I was using to 5K Medium dynamic settings! Kind of annoying because it means I have to keep checking the Video settings before I play the game.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No problems here.

Maybe try deleting the files inside the folder
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ApexPG_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings
    and reconfigure the settings.

8. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Mine is resetting to high dynamic/3200x1800 for some reason upon every startup.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    There's a patch available, 236 MB.

10. deets75

deets75 Guest

so there is... wonder whats in it, apart from vsync and frame rate things

11. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Does anybody knows how to backup Forza 6. Want to transfer to another computer so don't want to redownload the game again

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, you could try moving it to external drive (if it's possible) and then move it back to internal drive.

13. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Where do you see that? I'm not seeing it in the Store or in WU.

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Well, the Store can update apps in the background, maybe yours got updated and didn't see it.
    But, it was available.
    To quickly check, go to options and in graphics settings, the FPS option should have 2 new ones with VSync on.

15. deets75

deets75 Guest

i had hoped they would include version numbers with their stuff from now on, as they have with gears of war. but not so far with forza

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    They do actually.
    The folder where the game is has the version number.
    It's at 1.1.7.0 right now.
    c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.apexpg_1.1.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forzamotorsportapex.exe

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Got it in the store too, but I saw it by searching for the game in the store, rather than my installed apps/games, and it showed "update" instead of "open"

Then it appeared in the updates list at the top

18. deets75

deets75 Guest

ha, gears has it on the screen, much easier to find :D

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    It just says Open for me but the game version is 1.1.7 and I have automatic app updates turned on so maybe I got it without noticing.

20. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    Wasn't happening at first, but I am now getting a lot of freezes. They last for 2-5 seconds or so, then back to normal. I am on the "Ultimate Track Toys" stage and they are happening frequently. Using latest Nvidia drivers...1080p all maxed with 4x AA.