Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The one I uploaded yesterday is actually more close to Mod#2, but now I made it exactly like you asked.

Here's all the mods: https://goo.gl/XFusX0

2. CraigOp

CraigOp Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Perfect. You've made my game so much better looking in so many ways. Thanks a lot man, much appreciated effort.

3. ital92

ital92 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Thank you so much.

Stay awesome!

4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    While using theworse mods bloom, the indoor bloom (the bloom that is seen while in pharmacies and gun shops) while looking outside looks strikingly similar to the old trailers bloom (mainly in intensity and how much it spreads).

I'm currently away from watch dogs, so I cannot show a screenshot of what I mean, but I would like to know which file to look at in bloom.lib.

Thanks.

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The bloom you see outside is just amped by high exposure values in interior environment lighting that kicks in as soon as Aiden steps indoors.
    Explanation: the default exposure value for Global Sunny Env lighting during day is "-3.5", while the value for interiors is always "+2.5". So when you go to interiors the bloom is amped by "5". That's why it's so bright on the outside when you look at it while you inside interiors. And the devs intentionally made the interiors very dark for this to work. To give you that "High Dynamic Range" effect that we see in the movies.
    The other factor is the Sunlight. The higher the value of Sunlight intensity the bigger the bloom.
    At night the exposure value must go to "+3.5" (by default) or it will be black screen. That's just how the engine works.

I checked TheWorse windycity.xml and it looks like he didn't change the Interior Bloom values there. But he could change values inside bloom.lib. Probably just copy/pasted the values from "07_Pills.AloneBloom.xml" or something.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  6. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Alright! Thanks!

7. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    1. Yes
    2. Replace profiler.cseq or edit it.

8. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    How is the arm broken? I mean we clearly see T-Bone put out and hold his phone the way Aiden used to do in E3 2012 demo.

9. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I don't know a thing about Bad Blood because I never looked on their files, as far as the animation goes, we can't edit them the proper way, because they're stored in windy_city, not in the patch, and since so, cheap animation swaps will only broke things, than actually make smooth transitions and ect.

To make it simple, we have animation files that we can swap, and which are correspond to the correct animation system in windy_city, but to make it right, we need to change that system, so we no longer do swap, as engine will do it automatically because he will look first into system before loading gameplay animation, and thus full animation sequence will look correct in the game.

Not sure about T-bone animations though, even had hands-in-pockets bug, pretty sure it's still not as E3 2012 demo.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  10. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    You need to do one and place it in patch/sequence folder

11. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Yeah, you're not supposed to put blank file, you actually need to edit it via HEX or so, can't go into detail of that as I never understood it's format.

12. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Because this screenshot was taken with SweetFX.
    TheWorse shared his SFX preset here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390948

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  13. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thank you Essenthy

14. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I know how to trigger that missing Phone spawn camera:
    - You need to run the game in Fullscreen (Not Borderless)
    - Load your game
    - Reload last autosave
    - Press Alt+Tab and wait a few seconds (the longer the better)
    - Press Alt+Tab to return to the game
    - Watch that awesome animation!

15. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    It'll sometimes trigger itself from a super short/long loading after death.

16. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I've NEVER seen this this camera on my pc, but I just tested it and I can confirm that this trick works pretty consistently as long as you follow the steps precisely (especially Alt+Tabbing during the reload), so yeah great find txgt! :cool:

Do you know if this info can be useful to "properly" fix this camera effect? :)

17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I know, but it happens very rare, especially on High-end PCs.
    My method triggers it on demand, everytime :)

I think it has something to do with updated exe or dll files in "bin" folder. But this bug also present in PS4 ver. Maybe some updated files in UNKNOWN folder causing this. I don't know.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yep it could have something to do with loaded/unloaded libraries, because usually Alt+Tabbing out of a fullscreen game means that part of its resources are freed by the system, and this seems to be the crucial part of the trick... Maybe it's even related to the other loading trick that you discovered and that allows to fix the lamps exploding when the blackout is triggered! :)

19. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Maybe. But I didn't discovered blackout fix, Marduk told me about it.

20. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I think it's a way of engine loading files, sometimes when it loads fast it's skipping some parts, as far as I'm aware this bug happens on patch zero, and on consoles too.

Think it's bug in .dll or .exe, it's just the way it stream assets.