Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'm really curious and excited about this one.

The setting is great and I think many of the "lower speed" things like planes, tanks and the single shot rifles will make the game more interesting.
    On the other hand this could possibly be the setting that's the worst to "balance" between all the factions around.
    As far as I know, infantry was really "cannon fodder", both to the MG fortifications and, even more, to artillery and huge charges that were set deep down in the ground.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yup. They were basically sitting in the trenches waiting for their doom in form of snipers, artillery, strafing planes and gas. Not sure how they turn this into an interesting scenario for a MP game. WW2 would've been much more dynamic.

PS: did you guys see the UBERsuperspecialprice edition? 220$ and not even a soundtrack included

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Hate to brake some peoples version of reality but modern war is just as boring as wars ever been do you think people are jumping out of jets firing rpgs then landing back in the jet?

Seriously if you think BF1 will be any less mental than the rest of the battlefield series because of a different setting you have a strange view on what real modern wars are like (spoiler: its **** and not fun like the vidya)

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super

5. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I got dibs on this in game...
    [​IMG]

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I welcome the return of proper sniping where your cover isn't blown by gadgetry.

I also miss spending entire rounds searching for and (if found) ultimately knifing those particularly pesky snipers.

I'm hoping for a 1942 feel to this new game.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There may be Australian soldiers in Battlefield 1.

Super Cool if true.

Hopefully some epic voice acting xD

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I second AndreasGuido, for those 1400 hours I got out of BF4 and 1000+ out of BF3, price isn't the issue. But I'm more worried about the things below...

... but I am worried really really about the gameplay. It will be slowed down to a stall, until horses backrape you. This isn't really what I think I want to play. I don't see WW1 offering the same chances for a fast paced gameplay. It comes down to map design... but with the decision to go WW1, imho I think they face even greater challanges to make a good game. So this will end up being a major win over any other contemporary shooter game contesting battlefield's player base, or it will end up like Hardline or Battlefront: few players after just a few months, with occasional spikes when new expansion sets are released.

By the way, I'm already prepared, the trench knife is my #1 weapon in BF4. So anybody waiting for orders, fall in line :D

9. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I also love the Bf franchise,have all DICE games but I really feel like is a stupid move to give them my money based on a game engine footage...at least we should wait and see some gameplay,something.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I hope they considered it and it wont be slow paced. It is a challenge, thats why i want to try beta before pre-ordering or at least see some gameplay.

They can have some awesome looking maps all over the world though, looking forward to that.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Does anybody remember how long the public beta of BF4 was? A day, a weekend? What I'm most afraid is that such a short period of time, with limited maps and gadgets, won't give us an impression on the game and how it will play.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Well we had a closed alpha first months before release, then another alpha which more "public" was invited to then a closed beta then finally a open "beta"

That final "beta" ran for close to 2 weeks all pretty standard DICE stuff.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm. Haven't been invited to anything but the open beta (invited, haha...) so I guess that's why I didn't get any idea what BF4 had in there in terms of gadgets and everything.

Is there any way to sign up to any kind of alpha or beta phase besides logging in to Battlelog and registering for the 'battlefield insider' thing? Besides having games since 1942 (except Vietnam's terror jungles), which should actually mean for something (which it doesn't).

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  14. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    But you know what the gameplay will be like as it is another in the BF franchise .

15. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    If it would be modern combat, just like BF3&BF4 would you think otherwise?

You do know the gameplay will be pretty much 1:1 with them.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    What i also dont get: why do they compare the CoD trailer with actual gameplay with the BF1 trailer - which is just prerendered ?

And ppl say BF1 looks better. LMAO

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    They said it was all in-game rendered.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  19. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    HEY mate how much did you pay?

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Oh lord, i'm so damn hyped by this game. Watching the trailer again and again. xD