Natural & Realistic Lighting for Watch_Dogs

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Danvsw, May 6, 2016.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You can extend the drying duration in windycity.xml. Search for these parameters:

fWetnessDryingDuration
    fPuddleDryingDuration

Just change them to 100000 or so. Though I never tested big values like that so I don't know if it breaks the game.
    Also there you'll see these two parameters: fWetnessAccumulationDuration & fPuddleAccumulationDuration. They set how long it will take untill the roads become fully wet after the rain starts. So smaller values make more sense here. I noticed they are too big in your mod. Better change them to defaults which is "15" and "50" respectively.

Also there's another way to stop the roads from drying out at all. But it's more tedious and time-consuming. You'll need to edit all the mask textures for all roads/sidewalks. To be precise you need to increase the red channel using "Channels" plugin in Paint.net.

Edit:
    You don't need to edit all road mask textures. You can check my road reflection mod and see what files you need to edit.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Alright thank you for the info. I'll test it out.

3. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Just team up guys make one ultimate watch dogs mod I have to many darn rar files with different version of all kinds of mods on my harddrive I dont know what is what anymore :)

Anyway I checked out this mod looks nice pretty close to txgt's e3 lite mod which is superb and without the sweetfx preset it looks good too , when I did include the sweetfx preset my screen went all funky.

Also when using this mod the upper part of the start menu screen is not visible anymore.

Screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t4aq1k1of8e1dm/Screenshot%202016-05-08%2000.59.05.png?dl=0

4. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G

5. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Aha ok thanks for clearing that up txgt ty :)

Also I really think they should announce watch dogs 2 with proper pc graphics this time not with console graphics :)

6. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
  7. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    OMG it's wonderful !!! It's like E3 2012 !

8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Are you talking about me not coming here for a long time ?
    Disease and work searching issues.

I worked too on other projects.

9. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I am working on creating a company. It takes time.

10. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    IT Consulting for small companies, and software engineering.

11. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I think it's a bit too late to base my mod on other versions, I should've tested bad blood before I started modding but oh well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Appreciate the kind words and you're welcome mate. Good luck with your mod, it looks nice.

12. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Too bad... Your mod is really nice. It's the only thing that prevents me to use it.
    Nice graphics with good framerate.

Maybe you could test by putting all your custom files in this version of The Worse (and overwrite) ?

13. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Alright I gave it a try, I took cmh175's "mods" folder and just threw all my patch files in it and overwritten everything. Seems to be working. I'll upload it now.

14. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Nice ! I think you still can dig in the "Mod Options" folder to polish your work. And, which is most important, you can merge your work using the installer with current vanilla "patch.dat" (1.05 is not the latest, that may cause issues for multiplayer)

15. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Do you have a clean current vanilla patch?

16. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
  17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You can't just throw all your files into someone else's patch and expect it to work as it should. The lighting for Bad blood Campaign missions will be broken, because you need to manually add DLC env containers to your windycity.xml. It's located in "dlc_solo.dat" file. If you don't have it just ask and me or someone else will upload it here.
    Also there could be other files that contain the info for DLC. Compare your lib files in generated folder with the ones in official patch just in case (you need to extract them).
    Also you need to replace your "trackingconfig.json" file with the one from the latest patch.

18. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    In short...Still need some work ^^

But, in my opinion, cmh175's "fixes" are needed for newer updates. So it remains a better base.

As you said, DLC content has to be added. But, a simple merge with official patch can make people able to continue to use Multiplayer, despite Bad Blood being broken in some ways (Eugene's cam)

19. Danvsw

Danvsw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Got it, thanks mate

Ok, yeah I got dlc_solo.dat and I copy pasted the DLC envs from it + replaced the json file, but I'm not sure what to do exactly with the lib files, could you elaborate? Anyway I uploaded the updated version and linked it in the OP, I ended up using only clean official patch files and it's working so far. Let me know if you can test it. Thanks for your help.

20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I'm saying you need to drag & drop the libs to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe" and compare the count of extracted xmls inside the "_converted" folders. If you find that your libs is missing "DLC" xmls then you have to copy them to your "_converted" folders. And most importantly, BEFORE you convert them back you need replace corresponding "_converted.xml" files with the ones that came with vanilla extracted (converted) libs because they contain the list of all the files inside "_converted" folder. So if you don't do that the new DLC files will not be converted back.
    After you done updating xmls drag & drop "_converted.xml" files to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe". You'll see that new files has been created with "_converted_converted.fcb" at the end of their names. You just need to rename them to their original name, e.g. "environmentlighting.lib".