Forza 6 APEX Beta - All info, drivers etc.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OnnA, May 6, 2016.

1. DarkShinobu

DarkShinobu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380x G1
    Dude, thanks a lot, with this im able to use my usb pad, even that is an old "Dinput" pad :thumbup:

2. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC

thank you :)

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    No problem guys. The game performs and looks fantastic. These are my "settings". Probably the first time in my life where the auto-configurator actually does an amazing job. Just set a framerate target and you're set.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same old...

[​IMG]

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    1) Download and extract the files in Xoutput. XOutput/releases

2) You don't need to install the Xbox Controller driver if you are using Windows 10.

3) You run the ScpDriver.exe file and press "Install" when asked. ScpDriver for DS3

4) Run XOutput.exe, configure your controllers. When you're ready, press "Start".

I will update soon with screens.

Default X360 Joy on my DualShock 2 (PS2 Joypad)

[​IMG]

And here is my settings for Forza APEX (in Game set profile with left analog steering & right analog acceleration/brake)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  6. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They had a Fury X and Nano, now they dont. I think some here said why and also said they will have it again soon.

8. amine4ever

amine4ever Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X
    i hate the fact that Micro$oft uses the same policy with us as console players. can't tweek anything and not even have access to folders on my own HDD.
    also have problems saving graphics settings. and no way to desable some effects like motion blur. it's really a console game working on pc.

tip for you guys: desable dynamic graphics, and push everything to ultra but shadows to medium and AA to x2. then downsample it to the max that you can with your gpu. then you will have some gorgeous graphics at 60fps. (working good with my R9 290x).

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Apparently its a Nv dx12 driver or game issue.. One user with AMDFX 6100 said he got good scalling on almost all 6 threads with a AMD gpu, but if there is a NV gpu on same AMDFX then it gets 2 cores maxed, rest meh..

10. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Wow... just wow!

From my end, other than a weird memory leak of some kind after extended play, i happily run this buttery smooth VSR downsamping from 1440p to 1080p.

What a gorgeous game and a good challenge with a controller. Def need a steering wheel setup when assists are off.

I'm excited and decided to through Dirt Rally out the window lol

I'll setup my ultra-wide monitor tomorrow and see how that performs.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I did the opposite. This is the first game I see that has proper on-the fly settings. I just told it that I want 60fps, hasn't disappointed yet.

12. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Really? I read that Dirt Rally was really good. I tried this Forza out and it feels really underwhelming to me. Went right back to Assetto Corsa and ran Brands Hatch with a grid full of Lotus Exige V6 Cups and was immediately reminded of how spoiled I've become with a great physics and tire model. Guess I can't complain though since Apex is free but it just feels wonky and sloppy. M$ seems to me like a rich daddy who pays the other kids on the block (free games) to get them to play with his loser son (W10 store).

13. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    This game is great, loving it. Might actually buy it. Running @ 1440p VSR with everything maxed out except MSAA Antialiasing set to Dynamic. As long as I am in "cockpit view" the game runs super smooth. FPS drops by half if I exit cockpit view (especially when it's raining).

Anyway, I wanted to ask, where the hell do we access the pictures we are taking in the game? When using the replay mode you can take really cool pictures using filters, custom camera angles, etc. Where do I find them on the HDD?

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I've been hearing about and experiencing this so far as well, with my 4690k and R9 290. I posted about it in the Apex forums CPU usage thread as well, but looking at about an hour of play in my logs, cores 1 and 3 are basically always pegged at 100% no matter what I am doing in the game, while core 2 can get up to 60-70% usage in menus, but all four cores ONLY get up to 100% in loading screens.

As soon as I actually get into a race, it goes back to only cores 1 and 3 being pegged with the other cores just sitting at 10-15% usage. This is not at all to say the game isn't performing well, I have all settings maxed @ 1440p along with 8xMSAA and 24 cars and the worst I've had is a half second stutter. According to MSIAB the game uses up to 4GB of VRAM, 7.8GB of system RAM, and 10.2GB of pagefile on my SSD. I hope they will be able to fix or optimise this CPU usage and possibly get even more performance out of the game, but we shall see if it is a bug or intended.

EDIT - this is all at 60FPS by the way.

Last edited: May 7, 2016

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

17. Nick0602

Nick0602 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
    Apparently the only way to get the pictures you get ingame is to share them from the game (just put a random description and tag), then go to the Forza Motorsport website, log in and check the gallery: forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/

18. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    the game doesnt start for me, I see the forza logo and it loads for minutes and it never gets me anywhere...

19. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Nah Dirt Rally was really lame, you have filling that cars are 100kg glued to to track and there's no powerslide(some rally) :) Every woman can drive it :)

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Strange.
    Personally im using my Tweaks & Tips for Win_X and have Telemetry OFF completely (REG. Tweaks)
    But i left almost untouched Store and Xbox Services (they on Manual by REG)
    Defender is OFF completely by REG also, even don't Update itself.
    Everything is working NP :)

Check your Tweaks.