Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Yep, Windows 10 + DX12 only

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Installed Dxtory, since it can monitor framerates in DX12 games, and discovered some interesting things today while playing Forza 6 Apex. For starters, on customised maxed settings (including 8xMSAA) at 2560x1440, it is not possible to get a locked 60 FPS on my system with a GTX 980 Ti. It holds 60 FPS more in the sunny tracks (approx. 99% of the time) and dips more during night races (say 96% of the time it holds 60), especially at the start of the race where there are lots of cars or on packed corners but rain causes the worst performance dips (down to 35 FPS at one point while going round a corner with five other cars). The game holds 60 FPS for the majority of the time though but a perfect locked 60 FPS simply isn't possible without reducing settings. Even with Dynamic Optimization on at Ultra it does not hold 60 FPS all the time.

Obviously, this is a beta so I am not complaining. The Dynamic setting is actually pretty clever stuff IMO and I look forward to further performance improvements as the game heads towards full release and with better drivers.

There are a few strange bugs though, which may just be specific to my machine. Night time races are prone to some weird looking lighting artifacts for example and switching to Photo Mode from the Forzavista mode causes the resolution to drop noticeably, causing the car to look really pixellated. Overall though, this is a very polished beta and I have not had a single crash (nor have I with any other UWP title actually, including Quantum Break, Gears of War UE and Killer Instinct).

Does anyone know if there are plans to expand this demo with more tracks and cars in the future or is what we have now all we're ever going to get for this interation of Forza? The demo is so good that it really does leave you itching for more (thankfully I do own the Xbox One version too).

3. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Its running really smooth for me with everything cranked up, will install dxtory for fps check (thks Darren) but only issue is no 5.1 sound only front left/right and center?

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It detected my 5.1 and set the audio to "Home Theatre"

I can hear audio coming from the side speakers

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    runs smooth for me at the same settings as yours,it should be 60 fps since i set target performance 60fps.i'm still impressed with how my 750ti is faring with new games, game looks much better than project cars and performs better aswell even during rain races, game drives much better than project cars aswell,i'm very impressed with this beta.

6. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I discovered why I was getting the low memory crashes. My page file was set to a maximum of 1024mb. I doubled it to 2048 and haven't had a crash since. This game does use a lot of memory. I had almost 7 gigs of my physical RAM in use and 97.7% of virtual memory even with the larger page file. This is according to HwInfo.

It is very impressive for a beta and there are already new events available and more scheduled for availability at the rate of 2 per week through May. The next 2 are scheduled for the 9th.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  7. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    HwInfo shows all 6 of my cores being used. 5 maxed out at 100% and the 6th hit 97 with a total max CPU usage of 99%. It also shows almost all of my 2gigs of VRAM being used.

CPU temp hit 53C and the GPU hit 63. Both have the stock air cooling.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    great news, i trust turn 10 since ever i knew about a game called Forza 4.
    Forza>Project cars.

9. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Anyone know where the screenshots get saved in photo mode?

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    cya next week lol

[​IMG]

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    You know, i would not be surprised if this demo beta PC version also help's push more XB1/F6 sales, seeing as it is such a cracking port, my hat off to T10 on this one, because i see now what with this beta, just what miracles they have pulled off with the XB1 version on way lesser hardware.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Really enjoying this so far, with all the hand holding assists off, it offers a real challenge.

Graphically I'm impressed, seems to run fine on my system with dynamic settings off, everything ultra, 8x MSAA at 1080p.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Only complaint besides no wheel support.
    Just like Doom Beta, Cant go above 1920x1080.
    Stuck with 16:9 resolutions.
    Im kinda bummed.

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I played the game for some minutes before work.
    I can do 4K at 60 fps (most of the time, lowest I've seen was 50) on ULTRA (minus MSAA at DYNAMIC). At least in the intro race.
    I'm surprised to be honest.

Loving the visuals.
    Will test more later today. But so far, this an awesome first taste of Forza for me.

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    guys how you see the fps??

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I use DXTory. Action! also works.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I believe they are stored online but you should be able to access and download them via the Xbox app as long as you selected Save and Share.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    But AMD FX cpus scale differently. In your case its basically 3 core with advanced HT acting as real core.

I did see few loading peaks on 3 cores, otherwise its just a 2core game. I dont hvae any perf. issues with it though, but what's funny is its nextgen dx12 and scales worse then idk 3-4year old game..

19. deets75

deets75 Guest

do we all use cockpit mode or is it just me. I dont normally for games, but this one just feels right, adds to the claustrophobia of later tracks and modes etc.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    wait for meeeee

[​IMG]