Forza 6 APEX Beta - All info, drivers etc.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OnnA, May 6, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Forza 6 APEX Beta - All info, drivers etc.

Here we will have our private gamers space for Forza 6 APEX :)

Game works NP in DX12 on my RIG with Crimson 16.5.1 !
    1080p with High Quality renderer, That's Cool -> game is awesome !
    As for other JoyPads like mine PS2 DS from Playstation2 it work but with Xpadder software ! (in game is set to keyboard) in Xpadder i have analogs (deadzone is set to 11%) + other keys.

If anybody has some clues how to copy something into the Game folder it will be nice.
    here it is -> C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApexPG_1.0.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Some screens (now im driving Lambo):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hello fellow Apex peoples! I've enjoyed my time with this game so far, but have no idea how to add stuff to where the game is installed. I had to take ownership via command prompt of tens of thousands of files in the "WindowsApps" folder just to be allowed in there. Are you thinking people are going to mod it somehow?

Just for reference, I'm on Crimson 16.5.1 as of today. I tried Apex on Crimson 16.4.1 and it was terrible. I have every setting as high as it can go and 60FPS target. Game runs amazingly well other than a few quirks like only 2 CPU cores being pegged at 100%, but I have hope that they will figure that stuff out in the beta updates.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It will be Best Acade-Pro Sim Racer on PC !

And we cannot copy to that folder even an .txt file lol
    We need Take Ownership i think :nerd:

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You'll be able to copy to that folder if you take ownership and give yourself permissions

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    We tried that, don't work.
    I have account with Admin/Backup Operators !
    You can't do anything, and that is sick.
    I have no real JoyPad in this Game, and events are more difficult now so PASS (for now)
    They need to fix that.

6. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I've tried Apex this morning with the last CCC drivers, as Crimson and I are not getting on well at the moment.

Got an error immediately that my PC does not meet the requirements due to a driver version? First time i have ever seen that.

Hopefully this isn't going to be a trend of pushing people onto certain driver revisions in the future. If thats the case, drivers need to be 150% working.

It also raises the question of what happens when you are forced to use a specific revision of a driver to play a game, when that driver could be faulty in some respect on your hardware/setup. What happens if this driver is also causing problems with other installed games that dont have a 'Driver Lockout'?

Are you going to keep that driver to play one game, or install a driver that works across more games locking you out of Apex?

Anyway, enough rambling from me. I'll install the latest Crimson driver and see how this game runs :)

7. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4

Yeah... we need the ability to install these games somewhere other that the OS drive. I like everything running from separate drives, OS, Games, downloads etc

Well, that is until i can afford several 512Gb SSD's which might take a while :p

The more i read about these windows games, the less i like the idea of everything being completely closed. Starting to feel like Apple here.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You're right, I've just tried changing the owner to myself, everyone, my MS account, local account etc etc, giving full permissions to each account, all the usual tricks that even let you delete windows.old manually, yet I can not make a new file in that dir

There is an unknown account attached to it that can't be removed, and giving it full permissions reverts back to partial permissions

EDIT - removed that account, no change

EDIT - Yes there is a change, I broke the game lol

9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    It is not first time in history, i am aware that bf3 and bf4 require drivers in specific version or later. I do not care much about it as for gaming i keep my hardware up to date and so i go with drivers, always latest installed because i do not have any serious issues with drivers overall.

With UWP nobody has control over the game, not a gamer, nor dev. Usually i test many games for myself when they are launched, i do this by using pirated copies and if possible i do this legitimate way, which i of course prefer. Quantum break for example has working copy available on non-legitimate stuff sites but i'm not going to use it as i do not support idea of UWP, PC is not a console and i want to have control over things i install on my pc.

Forza for the first time released on pc? As it is UWP i do not care at all. I'm not huge fan of racing games (and cars overall) but i usually try new racing games to see how they look, work, how is driving and so on.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    lol I know that :)
    I tried even the trick to make new folder with that name ! and then download the game in it (the x360ce JoyEmu was there ;-)) sory no bonus, store removed that files and then download the game in it :nerd:
    He He we are LAME thats all :bang:

But i will crack this f.unker (i love this game :nerd:) and i will make it possible i need Joy for it badly lol
    Next -> i will try some registry Tweaks :pc1:

Game can be installed into D: for example NP
    Go to Settings -> System -> Storage and make New Apps will save to (set your HD here :)) :nerd:

11. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Ah ok, i didnt play BF3 or 4 on pc.

I dont have that kind of luck actually with drivers, hence me saying. Mostly due to CF, or the lack there of, but i can see you have one GPU so everything probably runs fine on your machine and i wouldnt expect you would have any problems with UWP games since they dont/wont support CF/SLI as far as i know.

I'll need to see how the UWP stuff goes but its not practical on how i run my rigs. I can probably have one UWP game installed but everything will be through steam and on its own dedicated drive.

That aside though, im looking forward to testing Apex tonight!!!

12. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Good to know!! cheers

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB

Yes, i stick to single gpu not only because of financial reasons but also because of much less issues with single card.

I wonder how are things on configs like 4 cards cf+6 displays eyefinity+freesync :D

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Somebody please try copy an FILE (blabla.txt for example) using Power Shell or command prompt !
    Hmm it seems im Lame at scripts -> Please give me some Help.
    not commands (i know them) but string
    like:
    copy-item c:\file.txt -destination C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApexPG_1.0.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

But it do nothing lol

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Use Xoutput. It works for me. It creates fake pads and you don't have to inject DLL.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yes but its only code page.
    Where is Program?
    Or how do i use it?

--

Download and install the official Xbox 360 Controller driver here (NP here)
    Run ScpDriver.exe (yeah but where it is?)
    Click install, wait until it finishes to close it
    Run XOutput and set up your controller mappings
    Click "Start"

18. Mortal Kombajn

Mortal Kombajn Member

GPU:
    AMD
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Mirilis Action!
    also for screens :nerd:

And Yes thx for the actual Program :nerd:
    I will cover this in my Thread soon. Many Gamers will be glad to have this not only for Forza APEX :)
    :pc1:

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Presentmon is what you want, but there are not compiled releases (that I could find), so I downloaded the sources and compiled it myself. Here's the compiled file, from the latest branch, along with the readme.

Onna, the correct link is what Mortal Kombajn posted. You need XOutput.v0.11.zip .

1) Download and extract the files in Xoutput.

2) You don't need to install the Xbox Controller driver if you are using Windows 10.

3) You run the ScpDriver.exe file and press "Install" when asked.

4) Run XOutput.exe, configure your controllers. When you're ready, press "Start". Make sure that you don't select "exclusive" mode.