The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So glad they released this update.
    People can finally, really see just how good the game really looks.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah there's moments where the game can look completely fantastic despite the slight temporal blur or what it is that's still enabled, can only imagine how it would look with proper downsampling now to counteract that last bit of blur but that GPU hasn't been created yet. :p

(AMD and 2560x1440 so VSR at 3200x1800 which is a 25% increase for a minor performance hit but also not much of a reduction in aliasing or full on 3840x2160 which is a 50% increase and that really improves detail but most newer games are unplayable at that res even at lower settings, full 100% improvement or 5120x2880 would be better still but it's unsupported on current GPU models so you need DSR/Nvidia and probably some 980Ti SLI rig heh well when the game in question actually supports multi-GPU scaling.)

There's a lot of pre-recorded movie files too (In addition to the live-action streamed episodes.) although from what I can tell most of the cutscenes are in-game though the intro segment of each chapter is pre-recorded and then it fades to in-game at the end, which is pretty noticeable because the pre-recorded movies run at around 30 FPS and with everything enabled I'm probably around 20'ish frames per second in the more demanding areas of the game so it's easy to tell as it transitions between the two, hopefully AMD and Nvidia can improve things a bit in their drivers for future releases but with D3D12 it's more about the actual developers which is why they didn't implement stuff like multi-GPU support for the game.

EDIT:
    No bugs with the game either so far, only issue is that after playing for a while what I assume is a VRAM limit issue starts to occur where textures sometimes won't fully stream into full detail.
    http://postimg.org/image/9tbajeg67/

Also using print-screen and alt-tab to capture images which works but it's clumsy so the screenshots are a bit difficult to time right and D3D12 also limits utilities like ReShade, not really sure if these app games actually can load ReShade or similar even when it does eventually support DX12, guess it can since movie recording software and such can hook to the game just fine so injectors should too.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
  4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I used DXtory to capture screenshots and monitor FPS for a little bit.
    But, it's only a trial version, and every time I close the program it would start up it's website to try and get me to purchase.
    I ended up uninstalling it.

The built in screenshot function for Win10 apps is... meh.
    There's always a slight delay between pressing the buttons and the shot being taken.
    So, it never times out right.

I'm looking forward to the May update for the Win10 Store. As, early talk said it would possibly start allowing for games to make use of various overlay programs.
    Hopefully, we can soon add UWP programs to Steam and use the Steam overlay for screenshots and FPS monitoring.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ah I see, hmm for now I guess I'll stick to print-screen and alt-tab into IrfanView to paste the capture.

Don't know much about the upcoming Win10 Store updates myself but any improvements are welcome, more straightforward way to change install locations would be welcome for example although functionality improvements like borderless support would be nice too.

Some more Quantum Break, a lot of motion in these images so a bit fuzzy sadly though I really like how the interior lab area looks.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <- Deband shader from ReShade would be handy here, and in several other locations too for that matter.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <- Wouldn't mind a free-camera in this game too, Alan Wake got one but it required a gamepad to use it properly.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ 4th line, 1st screenshot, that a cutscene with real actors?

7. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Dark souls 3 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's a shot from one of the live action TV episodes.

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Quantum break looks good and story seems interesting but... 70euros, no-go

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I stuck one of those in there, I'm quite impressed by how accurate the real actors are to the in-game character models but I guess it's not too difficult to do these days with scanning tech and whatnot for it but still, impressive.

First part was mostly all cutscenes thus the number of character screenshots, then this second of the four (five?) 20 minute episodes started so partway during that I tested if I could capture a screen of that too and it worked so I included one, heh we're not quite at that level of in-game graphics yet.

Then there were some brief gameplay until I reached the lab area and got promptly squished by a really big armored guy so I took a break, thus only getting one shot of the lab area for that session.

By this point you have some pretty crazy time related abilities including super sprint although I haven't made much use of them besides taking out the occasional heavy dude with a well placed blast, mainly using the pistol weapons too as those have no need for ammo besides reloading so I'm mostly using that too, burst fire variant is a real room clearer once you actually start hitting things.
    (Not the easiest when enemies start dodging around too.)

Roughly eight hours into the game at this point so a bit slow but I've got all the collectible items so it takes a while clearing every location while looking for those.
    (Doesn't help that I stop to capture screenshots or zoom in on notes and such to see if I can read them, you actually can for most of them)

EDIT:
    Definitively, pricing was the main remaining issue but I got paid a few days ago so I figured I might as well pick it up now that the main issues have been patched out of the game although I'm not a huge fan of the Win10 Store, not much else coming out this month either I believe but yeah definitively on the pricier side.
    (And then the new COD retails for 80$ now, guess game prices keep climbing ever so slowly, almost back to NES and SNES cartridge prices come to think of it, those were quite expensive over here so I didn't really have a large collection of games for those devices ha ha.)

EDIT: Ori and the blind forest - definitive edition
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://postimg.org/image/rdi43ov33/
    http://postimg.org/image/z7ipp32vz/
    http://postimg.org/image/5tmz9i067/

Last edited: May 2, 2016

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    such a pretty good looking game , pretty sure i haven't seen a better looking game

13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it can look fantastic at times even with just standard screenshots so something like free camera control for the game would be awesome to have, Remedy did implement a "fly camera" in Alan Wake so maybe it could be done for this game too. :)
    (That and some downsampling - heh once there's actually a GPU available that can handle that. -should allow for some really impressive screenshots without having to stare at the main characters backside all the time, ha ha.)

Some better familiarization with D3D12 / Vulkan and a few years from now and visual quality like this might actually start to become more common.
    (Gameplay is still important of course but a game can still look great and be fun to play.)

EDIT: And maybe we'll see a stop to the practice of changing the visual quality between E3 -> Game release too, bah even if it's not as apparent there will probably be little touchups and tweaks for a long time still.
    (Well at least physically based shading and rendering should become more common, maybe more attempts at global illumination too.)

EDIT: Motion-blur both per-character and per-object could need a toggle while at it, it's very hard to capture clean shots of this game with everything being in motion either from the time stutters/ripples or just characters and objects being moved around.
    (But hey they skipped the chromatic aberration used in early demonstration builds of the game so that's something. - http://www.ag.ru/games/quantum-break/screenshots/509975 )

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I had to do a double take on that screenshot, and my brain slowly realised I wasn't looking at computer graphics lol, they do look pretty similar to the characters

There's a few screens arriving of different games lately that I have to look twice to decide if it's real or not

Some of the GTAV modded screens look photo realistic

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  17. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    GTA V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
  19. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    GTA V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Quantum Break

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <- That's a bit creepy, heh.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.