New Battlefield 5 game to be announced Next Friday

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 1, 2016.

1. ScomComputers

ScomComputers New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Battlefield 4 is the last Battlefield I purchase at release..

DLC.. I hate that word so much.. ughh..

3. thinktwice

thinktwice Guest

GPU:
    Club 3D HD 7950
    100% agreed

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    There's only 2 games i haven't played from Battleifeld serie, more by studies and spending time with girlfriend than not liking them: 2142 and BC1. I loved them all otherwise. Not BF4 at release ofc.

With time and patch, BF4 became pretty good. But i'm bored of current/modern shooters.

5. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I've already given up on the Battlefield series altogether.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hence why I often had discussion with people on the BF forums as to why things like the XM25 are absolute bollox.

XM25'ers argument:

• They're at the staircase up high, I can't hit them easily
    • They have better positioning

That just blew my mind. I would rather see them buffing things such as smoke grenades so one can use his brains, wits and talents to circumvent these enemies rather then spamming a nadelauncher. Even then, the guys up there are also being smart, they're clearing out the area from higher ground after flanking.

A semi post-apocalyptic (viral outbreak for instance) in the near future could offer the best of both worlds. The lack of resources after the world went fubar could explain people having to fight with more basic tools and still maintain a more modern setting.

Just an example though.

8. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Battlefield did go partially down the CoD rabbit hole, but it didn't fall all the way. Luckily.

While the netcode went to balls in BF4, the gameplay was pretty good, especially the Hardcore infantry style, until the advent of the Bulldog, that broke it for a while until they rebalanced the gun. However the map design and stupid canned destruction (bull**** it's procedural) made for the maps to become boring quickly.

This leads onto their ****ty idea's for DLC. DLC doesn't have to mean crappy map pack which splinters the playerbase due to lack of ownership. Do that and you force people into player Vanilla rotations or not playing at all. TBH EA need to just not be like EA or Activision in this regard and alter their methodology. If they released Single/Co-op campaigns in the DLC and gave the maps to the MP community for free, I think they'd actually sell more DLC and the customers wouldn't feel ripped off.

However I'm rather tired of this focus on modern to future tech warfare, give me Cold War or Vietnam and let's have at it.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I hate myself for thinking the same.

:D It just made me laugh so hard, I can imagine those guys whining 'I can't hit that guy!' and EA saying 'hey don't worry, we'll sell you a prem nade launcher at 60$ anyway'.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    last good BF were BF2142... so long ago

Since this one i found them all borring and without any gameplay (exept for some klingon that never teamwork and don't understand any english word).

maybe an exeption were BF Heroes, for the fun

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No teamwork? You should definately browse the net for [YOLO]Stonemountain64.... HE'S all in for teamwork, because it's Cortez' order :D

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Very surprised Dice have now jumped into bed with Nvidia, as they were so pro AMD.

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The only Battlefield i really liked was Bad Company 2 so unless they are going to announce BC3 i´m not interested in any more games from them...

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'm guessing the clue is in the picture.

A huge explosion in the sky? That to me seems like a Titan has been destroyed and it's end of round.

The whole idea is to assault the other teams titan and defend your teams own titan.

This was one of the most fun parts of BF2142 but it caused huge issues for servers as the two titans got close to each other. In fact this caused most servers to implode. :)

I owned a BF2142 server and it went down constantly, Multiplay and other server owners tried to get it fixed but i think it was just too much for any server to handle.

I'm hoping it is Titans again but this time hopefully servers can handle two huge Motherships on a direct collision course. Full speed ahead, ram those two titans together for max fun and boarding with jet packs.

15. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Me too, it was a very pricey lesson. Piece of buggy crap. But hey, i live much happier life now, not carrying about BF anymore.

16. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Really..? I bought BF4 with premium at release and i was only bugged by
    the net code which got fixed a year later.. Seems like saying the game is great
    is an unpopular opinion in these forums :D.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Still around 100 Servers online daily.

Can't kill BF1942.

18. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Anybody still playing BF those days? I regretted that paid for BF2, then regretted that paid for BF3. BF Hardline Beta didn't brought any fixes to gameplay either. Yet i never regretted that i paid for Quake Wars. That was best tactical online shooter. Mile better than BF in term of gameplay. Hope Bethesda will resurrect Quake Wars.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

[​IMG]

20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Haha i know right, that's either really bad ****ed up English or one of the biggest trolls ever release onto the interwebz.

BF2 was or is in my top 5 all time games.