Need For Speed (2015)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Li4m79, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Repost of my bug report on Nvidia forums:

Need for Speed (2016)under Win 7 64bit Ultimate, Nvidia Control Panel: V-sync OFF, AO on (high), AA+AF application controlled, high-quality, multicore on, render frames 1.

HBAO in this game seems to have a bug where it will cause fps drops over time, regardless of what other gfx settings are. When switching to lower settings from Ultra (or anything less demanding than current setting) in other gfx settings; the fps will jump above 60fps, but, within a minute this fps starts dropping until it's mid 40's to low-mid 50's depending where you are.

I've tried various combos of gfx settings in-game to narrow it down and I'm almost certain it's something to do with HBAO in-game setting.

Can anyone confirm HBAO causing unusual fps drops even after dropping other settings down from Ultra?

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone else today getting stutters/lag in the game while racing sprint races , fast pace races today ? It is a first time i have ever had stutters/lag in this game , also a couple of disconnections , most likely all this stutters/lag are the fault of their servers and not our hardware :/ . Will play again tomorrow and update on this problem.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    *** Update ***

It was a server issue , the servers were out offline and were been service and tweaked last night. Today i did play for a few hours in the same races ( sprint / fast pace races ) and not a single hickup / stutter or lag. great news :thumbup: , *ahem - i'm getting close to meet my goal in drifting ( 1,000,000 + points or burst :D ) so far i'm average 725,000 drifts right now :eek:

4. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    whats your car and drift settings?

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's a secret :D , but since we have been friends and play NFS together for many , many years already , i will send you all the details in PM. Enjoy it my bro !
    * PS: Don't make 1,000,000 points drift before i do please *

6. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    @chispy Me too ,me too!!

Chispy are you play on wheel or gamepad??

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Bro you got PM :) , it's all there. Enjoy it !

I play on a XBox One Controller , i find it very precise on the movements.

8. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Did anyone notice low performance from the latest patch?
    Never had any stutters until this patch, now the menu stays at 22fps WTF!! and the game has some weird fps drops now and then, also it stayed at 40-50fps now it goes as low as 30..

10. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    Performance remains as bad as it was before the patch here and will likely stay that way (Ghost Games...). It's just horrible to play in its current state (except if you're willing to lock the FPS to a low value). If you don't own a freesync/gsync monitor, you're screwed.

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    neah, for me it was good, 40-50fps with -Render.ResolutionScale 1.5. But now, the fps is chaotic.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Runs fine here except maybe at the start of races when the wheels is spinning and smoke coming out (drops fps a bit), once the races start it's fine. The only problem I'm getting now is quitting the game seems to crash it and when you click to quit there's now a delay.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm having the same issue as you Stormyandcold , quitting the game always results in a game crash with a black screen :/ , they have introduced some bugs on this new patch as i'm also having stutters in some areas where i did not have any before. Cross fingers for a new patch with bug fixes as this latest patch is ruining my gaming experience :(

14. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    I m not getting any crashes while quitting the game, however, I did notice some occasional fps dips in certain areas. Btw the next patch needs to address the fps dips ( not just the new ones but the ones that had been there all along) and then dawn/dusk sky flickering issues on the north side of the map.

15. deets75

deets75 Guest

can you turn off the vibration yet...

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i notice the fps drops in certains area, especially near the bridge close to the garage when u exit it, if u try to drift there near the gas station, i always have dips into early 50s and then back to 60...absolutely dips for no reason

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No , there is no way of turning vibration off ( at least on my xboxone controller ) .

18. deets75

deets75 Guest

thanks :( such a shame as I cant play games with vibration as it causes an old sports injury in the arm to flair up

19. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I opened my controllers and pulled out the motors. This is one of those things that makes devs look lazy.

20. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    Guys check options again,there is option to turn vibrations off.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2016