Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Yes :(

I will try window mode

2. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Ok. It is crashing in 1440p now.
    I am going low memory warnings and the windows "free up memory space icon", like I had on 7950.
    Could I actually be running out of memory RAM on DS3?

WTF? :(

3. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I've seen the game take up 10gb of ram on my system. Time for a ram upgrade.

4. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Really? Damn.
    But I am also concerned that X-COM 2 crashed in the menu, that was @ 4k so it is likely memory. Maybe those game crashes are caused by memory RAM.
    Another concern was I even set everything to lowest, and it still crashed. Would this not significantly lower RAM usage past 8GB?
    Oh well. It is time to get 16GB. The stuff is dirt cheap nowadays!:)
    Thanks for that, it's good to know it does take up so much RAM!
    I will try an older driver once I have relaxed playing the games that do work, see if that helps.

5. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    I've already finished the game (it took ~50 hours) and yes I played offline the whole time. Internet was disconnected as well. So I didn't invade anyone or got invaded by anyone. I would never cheat online even if there wasn't a risk of ban anyway. That's something I also find unacceptable myself.

Also it was easy to limit myself regarding what trainer features to use because my problem with the game was not the difficulty/challenge. On the contrary that was the reason I liked this game. I just didn't allow it to waste my time everytime I die.

6. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I got the crashing fixed. DS3 now works fine at 4k but NOW.... it is forcing 30FPS cap. The FPS literally dosen't move from 30FPS.
    Nothing on Google about it.

Very funny. Anyone have an idea?

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe it uses double buffering and if you're below 60fps you'll get 30?

Thanks for the explanation but I wont ever use a trainer. If I get stuck for real, I'll just stop playing the game.

Btw, looks like I finally am stuck.

I've killed the tree and cleared all of the Undead Settlement afaik...except for one thing. The tower where the tree is that shoots arrows, you can go up or down. When you go down you meet some kind of terrible beast with a huge frost sword. No matter what I do I simply cannot beat him. He has infinite stamina, always does 4 or 5 strike combos in a very wide arc (like 300 degrees) making it extremely difficult to get behind him. Blocking is pretty much useless since he drains my stamina in two hits. Rolling gets me out of stamina too since he practically always sweeps his sword. If he hits me I have no time to use an Estus flask because I cannot outrun him. Damnit, what do I do? Is this monster optional?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ok :D
    First go up talk to the giant and make him a friend so he wont throw spears at you again, then go down with the elevator and halfway down (when you hear hmmm) jump off. you will find the NPC you met first time there again, you can fight a fire demon together. it will give you a item which could help you fight the boss all the way down of the elevator

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks I did this some time ago and I dont remember which item the demon dropped. Or do you mean the brew the knight gives? It was a single item use and this beast has killed me over 20 times now.

10. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Yes the frost knight is optional. You can run past him if you like and come back later. When opening the door he cant hit you.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Well, got past my problem and onward.
    Still, every now and then I meet an almost impossible mob. Tbh some mobs are far more difficult than bosses.

Like the rock demon I'm at right now. I know hes optional too but I really want to kill his ass as he's owned me over 25 times now. Two shot and all attacks make me loose my footing which makes it so hard to avoid the next attack (you got like one millisecond to roll).

Edit : I must say, I'm confused. Used Co-op to kill a monster but didnt get the loot from him that he's supposed to drop. How does this work? And when I returned back to my world he was very much alive. Sorry if it's a nooby question.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  12. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    It sounds like you were summoned to someones game. If thats the case than the progress made there is in their game only and you only get souls when helping someone in their world.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    being level 100 is something wrong? i think most people r staying at level 99?

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If I understand correctly I need to be in Ember mode to summon ppl to me. But wont that just get me invaded?

15. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Yes embered online can get you invaded. It seems you're more likely to get invaded as well when you summon a phantom to help you. There are some npc summons for offline but they may not always be available in the place you want them.

I think the current level cap the community has agreed upon is around 100-120. The way matchmaking works is + or - 10 levels so at 100 you could face 90-110. Your weapons level is also taken into account + or - 2 levels. But that is mostly for twinks I imagine, most people at soul level 100+ will have a +10 weapon.

Last edited: May 1, 2016

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    heh there is this hacker getting people softbanned now. one hit with R1 and your done. I have never seen such a mess in MP games.

he is also streaming it to show off on youtube

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    *delete*

18. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Using an ember doesn't invade other people it just makes you embered which raises your hp and allows you to summon other people and be invaded by other people. To invade other worlds you would need to use a red eye orb or cracked red eye orb.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

Meet Malcolm Reynolds, Dark Souls 3 Hacker
    Dark Souls III players should be aware that a hacker has made cheating the game his form of entertainment.

Until From Software fix this mess with the online bans and hackers we should stay away of online gaming or we must use AT LEAST some sort of gaming backup solutions like this:

Dark Souls 2 & 3 Auto Backup Tool

In this reddit thread we can follow updates on how to deal with this specific problem:

PSA: If you get invaded by Malcolm Reynolds, suicide or disconnect to avoid softban.

To be continued...

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    come to ps4 .