Nvidia GeForce 364.96 Hotfix Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 14, 2016.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DSR is implemented as a downsampling compute shader. Depending on if a game is shader processing limited or, for example, bandwidth limited (which isn't impossible with downsampling from ultra high resolutions) you may or may not get a performance loss. So, yeah, it's game dependent.

2. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
  3. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Okay =)
    I don't know if it's just me whit this kinda problem..
    when using Nvidia DSR at 4K and 0% Smoothness,And playing GTA V whit reshade / ENB and Riva turner Monitoring overlay!.. after the game start and i have play for a bit the GPU usage at my top card falls down to 50% and my 2th card stay at 80/99% and the lag and stutters are there until i alt tab in and out of the game then the cards jumps up to 99% again and later on the thing happens again and again..and it's just in GTA V i face this issues. And my temps are okay top card never reach 80c and the bottom stays around 60c.
    Have tested everything! i keep a fps between 60 80 in the city area and out side it can go down to 40 / 29 and thats when i play without Reshade / ENB..When i was on a single 980 card i had no problems things seems smoother..i have to mention that i use all settings all ultra and No AA just FXAA! Windows 10

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Which driver scores the highest in futuremark?

5. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    from how much ? and actually what really matters is under full load not so much @idle.

6. petros13

petros13 Guest

GPU:
    GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti/2048MB
    GTX 750 Ti problem z foni***261;.

Dzie***324; doberek.
    Po aktualizacji sterownika owej karty(wer. 364.72)brak jest d***378;wi***281;ku, zarówno w HDMI jak i z gniazda s***322;uchawkowego. Nie jestem skromnie mówi***261;c "z pierwszej ***322;apanki", próbowa***322;em wszelkich sposobów..., zero pozytywnych efektów, w akcie desperacji skorzysta***322;em z programu "DriverMax" gdy ten wyszuka***322; jeszcze nowszy sterownik(wer. 364.96) nic to jednak nowego nie wprowadzi***322;o:huk: .
    Zastosowa***322;em nawet porad***281; z instrukcji obs***322;ugi(364.72) o problemach z d***378;wi***281;kiem przy natywnej rozdzielczo***347;ci 1080p,1920x1080 60Hz, niestety to nie to. Do karty podpi***281;ty jest TV Sony (KDL-40EX402) przewodem HDMI, do gniazda s***322;uchawkowego wie***380;a Pioneer. Dodam jeszcze, ***380;e wy***322;***261;czone sterowniki Nvidia Audio nie daj***261; przepustu dla gniazda od s***322;uchawek i vice versa, natomiast d***378;wi***281;ki systemowe "hulaj***261;" w najlepsze.
    Z góry dzi***281;kuj***281; za zainteresowanie szanownych FACHMISTRZÓW: Flip2:.

7. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    This makes sense :) :stewpid:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Spambot gone wrong?

9. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    Changing the thermal grease can help in reducing the temps but idle temps are not to be considered, when i noticed my 980 going too hot (like 85°C in full load), my idle temps were only 27°/28° and the thermal compound inside my gpu was practically stone, was really hard to remove.

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    seriously, thermal paste is not really important & even nutella or vegemite can do the job nicely.

VRM pad is the one u need to change.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1468593/r9-290-x-thermal-pad-upgrade-vrm-temperatures

11. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
  12. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC

It will take longer for this to get removed than it took for ~2 pages worth of discussion about NVIDIA/drivers.

oh no my post is considered off-topic now isn't it? (probably gonna get removed before the quoted post does)

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Translated and strange characters removed results in this:

Day of the video card driver update (ver. 364.72) no both HDMI and jack the office. I'm simply saying of the first attempt any way, no positive effects, in desperation benefit program "DriverMax" when the search even newer driver (ver. 364.96) is nothing new, but do not enter bang: I even advice with operating instructions Instructions (364.72) problems with oversaw the native resolution you 1080p, 1920x1080 60Hz, unfortunately it's not. Hold the card Sony TV (KDL-40EX402) HDMI cable, jack headset knows; and Pioneer. I might add incorporated Nvidia Audio not let bushing socket of headphones and vice versa, while the System in top gear for your interest honorable

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    "...do not enter bang... jack headset knows..."

Gotcha!

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D Simplez

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It is when the GPU get so hot that it either start to throttle or producing artifacts cause of no longer working paste or so much paste that it insulates the whole thing.
    Nutella and vegemite are short lived and can cause corrosion, so they won't do the job nicely.

17. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    that's y i always ensure my both fans is clean. recently, worldwide temperature is increased. this year 2016 is the hottest year ever.

artifacts can cause by pushing the card to the peak limit. there's a lot users neglected VRM thermal pad instead rely on the GPU chip.

18. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    Take out the seasonal adjustments, it's not the hottest year ever lulz You can't compare results from monitoring equipment that was once in a farm but is now in a car park...

19. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Well it seems that the problem is that the driver isn´t allowing applications to switch between interlaced and progressive display modes (although the nvcp does it for testing custom resolutions). It also seems to be a bug nvidia is dragging since windows 7. I´ll have to plug back my $10 vga/tv chinese converter every time I want interlace... quicker than switching modes for a secondary display using win10 nvcp, no joke, is that buggy (and that´s if you already know the tricks/workarounds :bang: ).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  20. I'd say from experience that DSR might be slightly more taxing than custom res and the resolutions it adds do not get recognized by all games, but image quality is way better (at least for the games I play) and it works with all monitors. DSR is the superior implementation at this point imo. 4k downsampled games at 13% smoothness look great.