Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I've so far died to few normal monsters. Bosses not so much :D But then again I did play through ds1 and 2 scholar of the first sin in a timespan of 3 weeks before hopping on to ds3.

Rolling is your best defence tbh. Of course you can parry some bosses also.

I would suggest focusing on dex and str since some of the best weapons are str/dex ones. Then vigor, endurance and vitality so you can roll w/o ease and not run out of stamina too fast.

I am playing a warrior at the moment. Using fallen knight set as armor, knights ring, havel's ring and about to get ring of favor and prisoner's chain. Weapon at the moment is Butcher Cleaver +2 or Ultra Great Sword +2 or Vordt's Great Hammer and shield is grass crest shield for stamina regen at the moment fun game this.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    @drandiiski Aha good to know. Still, in Bloodborne it looked like you could switch weapons and to the torch on the fly, can you do this here too? Yea, I'll just put points into Endurance, Vitality and Strength as I've been recommended to.

@Ryu5uzaku Yea, I've died to a few normal monsters too :) I understand now that one cannot underestimate anything in this game. Even the easiest monsters can eat a lot of health and slightly stagger you. Aha haha, you're a veteran then :)

Yea, that's why I wonder if Knight is such a good class after all? I wont learn to roll that much if I can parry most attacks. Then again it's nice to have both just in case.

Ok, I'll put some points in Dex too (which I haven't done yet).

Thanks for your tips. Oh, how the fekk do you compare armor sold by that old lady in the Fire Shrine with your own???

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Or have a peak here ;) (So you're on the "right" way)
    http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route

@Netherwind
    What do you mean on the fly? You have 3 Slots for right and left hand. You can equip a torch and switch to one of those 3 weapons with d-pad. Thats since the beginning of Souls Game. ^^
    I have always a torch in my 2nd or 3d right hand (so i can still use shield in left hand). What many people dont know, its also to cure bleed (the maggots).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

5. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Kids will never know the struggle of VHS, especially the epileptic pause. VHS to DVD was so huge, far greater than DVD to Bluray, or even 4K IMO.

6. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    I used to cling to the V2000 machine of my father as long as I could...
    until there was no hope anymore.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Nice wiki page :) Can check each area there to see if I've missed anything or not.

Yea, found that I could place alternate weapons in the three RH/LH slots and switch between them with the digital pad on the controller :)

Tried to learn parry+riposte on normal mobs but damn it's so difficult. The timing must be exact! There is hardly any window whatsoever.

Still don't understand how to compare vendor equipment with what I'm currently wearing but since I cannot find any information on the topic, it must be something very easy that people just know...and eludes me.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357284767231682385/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Press Left Stick once or twice.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Was that regarding item comparison with vendor?

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yep. But after all its a pain in the ass to compare things. You can compare like this items you have equipped, then press once or twice and you see some details with next highlited item and its changes, etc.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well i got banned. After seeing the warning message for a week, reinstalling the game, deleting savegames. no reshade ,not anything i still got banned.
    What a load of BS this is.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    @Geryboy
    What Level are you? I came to the conclusion the higher the level, the less people have way of the blue covenant. Its mainly for people who still wants to play online but more relaxed with the chance of some1 from blue sentinel summoned. So 2vs1 is not so much a pain in the ass than 1vs1.

@WhiteLightning
    Its just tied to your steamID. Deleting saves, use different save, reinstall game, etc. wont help. So you would have to use a different account, also possible to use family share from original account to 2nd account.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well if i did nothing wrong in the first place , the family share account will get banned too no?

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Afaik no, thats what i meant. Try a new account and give it fam share access from your main account. Since its a different steamid you shouldn't get that message again. Using a different steamid is the only thing you can do (not here to judge if its justified or not), tho its not optimal cos of family share.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Why you get banned? :3eyes:

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I honestly dont know :( i first thought it was because Reshade or pressing Alt+F4 to quit the game, but it wasnt that.

There are quite some threads on the steam forum seems im not alone in this.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Their current system is pretty flawed it seems so yeah a lot of people have said they've been banned despite not even using stuff like FPS overlays with the game.

No idea what it gets caught up on but gamepads or at least the Steam pad seem to cause that trigger for whatever reason or so I've read, I don't have one so I can't check it myself.
    (Would be pretty stupid if it's the Steam overlay triggering the damn thing.)

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Gah, lost my first batch of souls today. 5k, dont know if its much or not but, oh the rage. What's getting old is running back to bosses and having to fight mobs along the way.

Also, you guys have posted patches but I'm still on patch 1.03.1 and ver 1.04. Why wont the game update?

Yea OK. I don't suppose you buy stuff anyway and just go with looted gear?

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Because they will be released tommorow morning