Nvidia GeForce 364.96 Hotfix Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Where the hell did that come from? I've been building PCs since you were in nappies most likely

I have zero issues with my rig. I am actually extremely meticulous and minimalist. Games people complain crash and don't run well run great on my rig, because I know what I'm doing .

What the hell that even has to do with a driver NOT being on the official GeForce driver download page????

I suggest you direct your bitterness and anger elsewhere.

Oh and my rig isn't for sale. Very strange, unhinged comment....please seek help

Dark Souls 3 doesn't crash for me. Has never crashed once in 30+hours of playtime. Must be because my rig is so full of problems according to the guy above.

Thanks for the intelligent response. I guess that makes sense.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fan control can be influenced by the driver although in general this is also a BIOS function. But this is something which can be overridden with one error probably. Won't result in serious issues beyond the card throttling and hanging under load though. FYI a couple of latest AMD's drivers (those supposedly great Crimson ones, yep) has been disabling cooling on some of their cards (380 and 380X I believe) but I don't hear people running around claiming that they're bricking GPUs. Strange, eh?

TDR is a complex issue, it's most likely related to a corrupt / garbage Windows installation or is a sign of h/w problems. There are many reasons a TDR may trigger, simply saying that it's a driver's fault is incorrect as I personally hasn't seen a lot of TDRs for this year on Win10 - a couple at max. If that'd be a driver's fault it would've happen for everyone.

3. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB

Sorry to disagree here, I used to have TDR problems galore, it was most certainly caused by the drivers - I could see the difference from one driver release to the next, to today, where I'd say 90% of the issue has cleared up (for me at least) - It was certainly a driver problem.

(Also nvidia acknowledged this a while ago too?)

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'm taking a similar stance to siriq. While I am an Nvidia "fan" and have been for years, I'm not a fanboy. If there's bugs, then, they need to be reported accurately in the hope issues are fixed quickly.

As for TDR; https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-tdr-errors-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-/

Notice these lines, listed as potential causes of TDR.

Quote"•A badly written driver or piece of software, but this is an unlikely cause in most cases
    •Driver conflicts"

The fact the driver has to interact with other software opens the door for the driver to either; be the cause of a problem, or, other software triggering a problem via the Nvidia driver.

So, any problem that is caused by any interaction with the driver is/can be considered a bug and needs to be fixed. Fixes can come from Nvidia, 3rd party software or both. You will notice even Nvidia will not be absolute about this, only say it's "unlikely".

If you're experiencing problems with Win10 (very common, all sorts of problems, not just gfx), you must realise that you're an "early adopter" and there will be issues that need resolving. This is completely normal for any new os/hw/software.

Also, in the hardware world; most products have problems known as errata. These problems sometimes cannot be fixed. Sometimes, work-arounds can bypass the problem. Nearly all CPUs for example have errata. Sometimes, it takes a while to find these problems as it takes specific calculations to trigger the problem/s. GPU errata isn't often documented.

Software is even more complicated than hardware as it's an iterative process. Drivers even more so as it relies on low-level programming. It is impossible to account for every scenario and configuration, nevermind flaw.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Did you have them on a clean Win10 install or on the upgrade version? You're also using SLI which may be the reason for issues here as SLI is the last config they'll put their support efforts into. But anyway - even a couple of TDRs is more than I've had on Win8 in a year so yes, they may be driver related, although if I remember correctly I got them both under high load which usually means that the application has done something wrong.

TDR is a driver reset because of a timeout reach. You can easily write an application which will lead to 100% TDRs on each run and this won't be a driver's problem in the slightest. Hence why NV is saying that it's unlikely as the driver itself can't hang without the load - you have to run something on the GPU for this to happen. It can work improperly with the load and thus lead to TDRs but this is something which will occur often and for everyone as this is a rather serious problem. If it doesn't happen often and for everyone then this is likely a sign of the issue being somewhere else, not in the driver.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    You're just going round in circles. If the cause of the problem needs fixing, where is it fixed? In the driver? In the 3rd party software? A combination of both? Yes, yes and yes!

The Nvidia driver also has workarounds for a lot of problematic games. Are these to fix the game or make the driver work with the game, or make the game work at all?

If you care to read release notes you will see that there are loads of different problems fixed with each driver. Some are specific to only one card, some fixes are across all cards. Some are os specific etc.

At the end of the day, the biggest question is "Does Nvidia drivers have problems?" The answer is yes. Fixes are coming all the time, many of them most people wouldn't even know about including you.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Was this a hotfix driver for 364.72 or 364.91?

8. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    It's a hot fix for 364.72. Vulkan driver 364.91 is a different branch.

364.72: r364_69-3

364.96: r364_69-15

364.91: r364_00-160

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    You're right about that, thank you.

10. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    I Don't understand whats going on I installed these on my system and they work Great, no issues on my system, I am playing Fallout 4 at 21:9 on 34' inch curved Monitor with out Issue, WOW, Witcher 3, Xcom2, all play great in sli at ultra settings, these are keepers, no issues on this system

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    The only driver I know of that actually killed your graphics card was 267.52 which was confirmed by Sweclockers back in 2011 which fried their GTX 590.

12. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    I'm using these drivers and the only issue i have is that Quantum Break is crashing all the time, giving me TDR. I didnt try 362.00 though, but this branch is supposedly ready for QB.

13. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    hmmmm i have a question tho. because i still have this 8800 GTS lying around here which i used for physx some years ago. will this be supported by the most recent driver? or is this legacy already.

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    since drivers 360.x Enabling 3DTV causing randomly GSYNC to be enabled on randomly options.

I don't have Gsync monitor. I have Philips 7007 3D TV 40"

For example, if I set Nvidia Profile to Defaults . Enable 3DTV , checking NVidia Inspector Profiles shows Gsync status being changed from the default to random option in it's available options. When this happens Vsync option in NVCP is being ON instead use the 3D application setting.

What is your default Maximum Allowed Frames ? 000000x1 or 00000x2 ?because clicking on Restore to nvidia default value is 00000x2 ? for me after I installed the drivers after DDU and reseted the profiles from nvidia installer it is always 00000x1

Don't know why this thing started.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  15. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    and for those afraid that the gpu will die i just instal them on my gtx and they are the same in speed but no bsod no nothing.Playing alien isolation for a long time and no probs.

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    NV profile inspector "Maximum frames allowed" default is 0x0000002

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So i removed 4 pages of offtopic stuff. lets keep this thread tied to the driver feedback please!
    Im all for healthy discussions, but seperate threads is a must!

Thanks for understanding!

Oh! and for those still willing to get off topic in this thread , infractions will be handed out.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Nope. It went legacy.

Version 341.95 - WHQL
    Release Date Wed Mar 16, 2016
    Operating System Windows 7 64-bit
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Windows Vista 64-bit
    Language English (US)
    File Size 270.37 MB

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    NVM, found my reply on a different page.

My bad,

Still not a single issue with this driver.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  20. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    So when exactly coming? After certain weeks? I am not sure what would you say if you will be in the same shoe and unable to use your system for many weeks....
    So far, nvidia has no clue what went wrong.

Stay away from 364.xx branch .