Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Dont know if you are playing with reshade , but give it a try, looks awesome :banana:
    https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5431/

2. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I just have 4 more bosses to do.
    Nameless King that I was struggling with but I WILL do it (on my own) now that I have several more levels, more estus/undead bone shards and better upgraded levels.
    Champion Gundyr .
    Lothric, Younger Prince.
    And.... the end-game boss Soul of Cinder.

I am very sad it is coming to an end but I will still greatly enjoy NG+ because it literally doubles boss HP and will make it even more a challenge and I will try weapons/etc out.
    And, I will finally get around to playing Dark Souls 1.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Will do try tonight. In 2 weeks I started ds1 from the beginning forgot dsfix and played that through it was horrible (then I remembered that fix after I had killed the last boss). Then I went with dark souls 2 and finished it last night and started ds3 just after, first death came from those normal mobs that change in to huge ass mutants.

Summoned some mad phantom to help me out, turns out he did help me out :D :D and then he died to the same mob that I did.

4. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    It looks bad with so much color...
    That vanilla fog/sepia/dark tone is great for atmosphere

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I really hated the washed out vanilla look. you dont even have to use a torch in dark spots

this preset fixes that imho, if anything this gives more atmosphere then vanilla

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm thank you. Sharp gem doesn't fit stats good It decrease out put dps. So I only leveling the normal way. But I found two hand wielding swords. I mean 2 swords in both hands. Applied fire gem. And yes fire damage make enemy panic. And dual wielding fighting is effective. Damage out of physical attack is 115 on that daggers but fire burns enemies good. Best with coop. I panic enemies. They can't attack so other players attacks easly.
    And it looks like if I level too much I only able to summon only 1 player. Not 2. Fair I guess.

I was looking for this. Thank you. If that is file itself. Didn't click yet. Iam on mobile.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Look at this. Some details in the article says even info is not certain. Why no I formation about it itself from developer? To sell official guides in amazon?

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes you will get a link with it to google drive of that guy if you click it

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    patch is out 41 mb

firelink shrine crash has been fixed. it also remembers the settings now.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Started playing Lords of the Fallen to practice for DS3 when it's on sale later this year :)
    Or should I play DS1? Got it on PC.

11. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Lords of the fallen is a good game, seriously underappreciated and looks good as well so play it. It is imho basically DS1 minus masochistic game mechanics (eg. No saving before boss gates). DS1 looks absymal compared to recent games not to mention the game mechanics I told above will make you crazy.

I'm currently playing DS3 with teleport feature of a trainer so that everytime I die to a boss I won't need to run through (considerable distances) hordes of enemies or fight them again to fight the boss again. Original way of the game is too tiring and insanely waste of time.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed right? I've found many similarities between it and Bloodborne for example although not nearly as fast paced. Rolling with the guy in LotF is quite slow.

Allright, will skip DS1 in that case.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Tbh with few fixes and mods ds1 is an amazing experience. To me LotF pales in comparison even tho it is a decent game.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Covenants . i joined most of them. but how to activate them. i read that lets say SUN guys , Covenant, if iam member of them my sign and Phantom is Orange. i have their talisman or what ever item it is. but how to activate it. shall i drop or leave rest and only carry one item? i DONT GET THIS.

edit: HIDDEN BODY SPELL. i bought it. but there is no information on even internet yet i cant find, how to use it. staff? man.

15. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Yeah it looks great with vanila

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm 10 hours in game and had no even one crash and fps are stable 50 on 2560x1440 max settings.
    This is my first dark souls game and i'm in shock.

16. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    In shock for what exactly? Difficulty?

17. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    The difficulty and the atmosphere.
    I can't play this game with headphones on my head.Scares the **** out of me.
    So i play it with headphones on the table near me :)

18. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    When I tried to play DS1 on PC, I couldn't continue playing much because of the punishments (being hollow, losing souls, costant running to retry etc...) it puts on dying on an extremely hard game. It felt super unfair to me not to mention it was looking like sh.. even then so I skipped it.

Then I heard about Lords of the Fallen, it was something I exactly wanted. Challenging like DS1 but much more fair and not tedious.

Tried playing DS2 as well and because of the same reasons I stopped playing it soon after.

Then I bought PS4. I saw Bloodborne, it was looking great but knowing it is from the DS developers I had my suspicions about that but couldn't resist the atmosphere after seeing gameplay videos and caved in :) It was a great game though. Unlike DS1 & 2 I finished it.

Even though it had the same running around to retry and losing souls mechanics. It didn't have hollowing, you had 20 blood vials (kind of estus flasks) with you from the start, you could regain health by hitting back immediately after getting hit so I weren't dying as much as I did in previous games. Also running you need to do for boss retries were a lot shorter than previous games because of the unlockable shortcuts.

I couldn't resist on DS3 as well simply because the atmosphere like you said. It has the style of Bloodborne I loved. These guys know how to make environments and keep the tension high all the time. Unfortunately this one has the same mechanics similar to DS1 & 2 except hollowing being something negative. Not to mention it is seriously harder, there are super powerful (super fast / one hit kill) npc special enemies scattered around so I am dying a lot more. So that whole run to the same point again mechanic was completely ruining the game for me. Thanks to the trainer now I fixed that so I am enjoying the game a lot more and quite probably will finish it because I like the looks and the challenge.

19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Dark Souls is From's best game, just use Dsfix and play it, it doesn't have any other bugs

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    What is good Infuse Gem to upgrade MACE? my faith and INT is good. as my STR and DEX.

edit: and what is this STUTTER all about. frequently happening. HDD issue? iam on SSD.

Both happens in my PC and laptop. odd.