AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.4.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    same here.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Besides first Crimson driver release i never had app crashes again.

3. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    fps cap is broken with vsync actived is bug ??

4. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Same here.

5. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    i dont use crimson fps cap because it has had strange behaviour in some scenarios, like the one you mentioned.

i use RTSS standalone (without afterburner) or bandicam for that now.

6. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Almost everyone used openencode (OBS used jackuns I believe). So many used it that when AMD deprecated it last year, every single gamecapture app that used openencode for VCE was broken. The lone exception was OBS because they already implemented VCE via AMF. Jackun is working on another implementation of VCE via AMF and the latest one he has is pretty limited at the moment. He had a max of around 45 fps at 1080p on a 290, I couldnt do any better with 290x's.

"Without resorting to some obscure weird trick that may or may not exist, sequentially processing the frame encode gives at best 45fps. Sometimes AMF has hard time meeting even 30fps. Weird"

You can grab it though and test it if you want on his github. Whether this is the one that will be implemented in OBS is anyones guess, but I think he is a contributor to OBS.

https://github.com/jackun/TestAMFVFW

As far as these drivers go:

Only issue I have had is a crash where it went to HDMI as my main display, and since my tv was off, I thought it was completely broken. Unplugged the HDMI, and was able to set my QNIX back as the main monitor.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  7. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    your help has been invaluable, guys.
    thanks to such knowledge those of us who experience app crashes are finally relieved and can rest in peace.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  8. djvelho

djvelho Guest

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    ok now everything seems to be working. i delete vulkan drivers and no more bsod....for now :) now using the newest drivers

9. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    [​IMG]

smooth!

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Since i changed display i have very odd issue. When i do nothing for few minutes on pc gpu goes into 3d state for no reason. GPU is loaded in 100%, fan is spinning fast, etc. But if i move cursor or do anything on pc gpu load goes to 0%/normal load and fan stops as it should in idle mode.

I checked it on 16.4.1 and 16.3.2, on both the same thing happens. I already checked my system with malwarebytes antimalware and it detected nothing. Checked for unwanted software - nothing. Reported that issue to amd already.

Edit: Nevermind, seems i was suspecting wrong part of my setup, it is raptr causing this problem, not display or cable.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

11. battled

battled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 2GB
    Some strange issues, I'm getting driver crashes with this version and momentary flickering/artifacting. Doesn't matter if the card is overclocked or not, cards isn't overheated (60-61C highest lol) either when it crashes.

12. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    Flickering/artifacting on 2D dekstop? Or in games? Same issue in multiple games? Or a single game? Which game(s)? Windows 10 or 8 or 7?

13. akirabbq

akirabbq Member

GPU:
    Vega FE
    HDMI screen corruption or occasionally black screen are back with 16.4, back to 16.3.2.

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    16.2k in xfire graphics score of 23500. 11500 for cpu and combined roughly 6000.

New record for me.

15. battled

battled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 2GB
    Games, win 10, all games it seems. Played Dark Souls, Dota 2, Path of Exile and all seem to have this issue. It's also quite random, it can go hours without issues and then give a few crashes in a span of 30 minutes after which everything will be fine again.

16. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I've been having the same issue since the 16.2s. Where VSR will come on for a second and then turn itself off. I've tried installing the 16.1s where it still worked and then simply installing these on top and nothing. Tried a DDU clean install and nothing.

Anyone know what registries turn on VSR? So that I can get it working again?

17. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Wait, this is because of the driver? I thought my cable was half-broken, I had a similar issue with the same cable when I used it to connect my laptop to my monitor, and the laptop has an Nvidia GPU. Though this occurs so rarely that I don't really care much about it, something like once every three days or more.

18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Looks like Windows 10 cause too much trouble to Amd or Nvidia.

Anyway I tested just for lolz Mafia II(No Physx,AA or Vsync) with this new drivers.Best drivers I ever seen for a DirectX 9 game,10+ to 15+ frames than older drivers.
    Better than 15.1.1(Catalyst),15.6,14.12.Tested in tweaked Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Ofc I put all 6 files(from here) in the game folder.

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hm. Have you tried any driver above 15.7.1? I believe you would get similar results. I would honestly recommend Windows 10 to you, if you are using a Radeon GCN GPU.

20. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    Windows 10 is the reason for many issues. But many people would have a hard time going back to 7 because it's too much effort for them and nobody pushes them into it. (Like they were pushed into 10 by Microsoft...)

It's easy to blame AMD or Nvidia first when buying a new game and something doesnt work out.
    But not having tried it out on an installation of Windows 7 makes all the blame look pretty stupid.

Since I fully went back to Windows 7 for my main system (after using Windows 10 for about 4 months of the final build and about another 4 months of insider builds) I don't have specific crashes anymore.
    This affects games like GTA V , Fallout 4, Diablo III and some other. TDP crashes and some other kind of freezes / strange window focus losses...

If you have a quick possibility to set up a dual boot with Windows 7 (like shrink your disk by 30 GB and install it on the new partition just temporary) you should do it and test the same games with the same driver 16.4.1.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016