nVidia Vulkan Driver 364.91 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Apr 9, 2016.

1. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    is this driver resolve black screen of few seconds from S4 sleep state after windows splash screen at boot?

2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Fermi doesn't have DX12 yet. The timeframe given by Nvidia was around the first DX12 content, but we're past that now.

Nvidia hasn't officially announced that Fermi won't get DX12 but they haven't given a new timeframe either.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You should go back and read the post...it's on topic...but his post was rude and improper.

It's about this driver and how SLI is broken on this driver as well as past sets for 670 SLI. That has everything to do with being on topic. Any issues with this driver is what the thread is for, not just Vulkan related.

If you don't think its on topic, then I'm sorry and not sure what to tell you.

Nothing yet yes, I would not count on it honestly. There is going to be little optimizing left on even those cards soon if any now.

4. topic is the driver. You dont know who i answered to. Dont try provoke the sh*t talk here.

Nvidia DID say THey are working on DX12 Fermi. Should`ve been done by the end of last year. It is an ongoing addition. Period.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Really? I'm not provoking anybody, you and Dragondale13 are.

The one you claim I don't know who you answered to.

If you want to hand out advice in a forum. Do so in a more respecting manner.

Nobody is provoking any kind of talk in here but you and your buddy. The only one I see cussing also is you. All I did was make sense of both your rubbish posts. Period. Maybe you need to read my post again and see that I organized both of your bantering.

If I recall, Dragondale13 blew up trying to make a point and took it too far.

You just made it worse by flaming him and saying hes lying, when hes not.

I looked into the issue myself, there are many GTX 670 SLI users with his issue. Again I will repeat myself, he just went about it the wrong way, and you added fuel to the fire.

His post was on topic...but taken too far. This thread is about all aspects of the driver, not just Vulcan issues. He mentioned his GTX 670 SLI was still not working properly on this set...as well as a few past sets..

It's on topic bud...not sure what dimension you live in...last I checked I live in 3...maybe 4 if you include time (existence mind you). Hopefully his posts will be a bit calmer in the future.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    This driver is running excellent! :thumbup: So sorry for the people having issues on latest drivers...I lose sleep over it.:(

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Not your fault for people having issues.....happens to everyone.

Just relax a bit next time. Or guys like that will take off and run with your posts cuz yer ticked off.

I get ticked off at things too, but I don't blow up about em here.

8. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Ok :thumbup:

9. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    What bricking issues? I have used both drivers and it didn't brick any one of my three GPU's (GTX680 , GTX 960 and GTX980)

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    What about all the rest of the people with the exactly same issue ?

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...tling-and-temporary-fix-/3/?offset=45#4844037

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ling-and-temporary-fix-/post/4850458/#4850458

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...speeds-with-latest-drivers/?offset=12#4845429

it's not only me, and reseting windows is out of the question really if it does happen to more people and it is fixed with 359 , it is drivers, maybe other people doesn't notice cause they restart their comp or sleep every once and then. or not using same programs that might effect it, but I'm not using any weird program, just normal things.

and it's not the specific my card, the very own 970, someone RMA it and it still happen, and it's not only 970, and it's not only Asus, also MSI.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Oh you know. Every NV driver is bricking cards left and right these days. Haven't you read the memo?

I gave you a way of checking if it's a driver issue or your local issue. If you want to whine more then that's your choice but I fail to see why exactly NV should bother with fixing something which may not even be their problem. These "other" people can be you as well for all I know and if they're not then their issues may originate from a different problem to yours. You'd think that they test these things before launching the driver as boost mechanism is arguably the easier one to test. So the chances of a driver issue here is pretty much non-existent in my opinion. Do a clean install of OS.

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, good for you X7007 to find those threads. I find certain people really patronising on every driver thread when it comes to other user's problems. Especially people commenting when they don't have the hardware with the issue in the first place.

These threads should be about reporting driver performance, fixes AND issues.

Instead, nearly every time someone has a problem "s" is flung their way as if it's all user error. Do these people even read the release notes? If they did, they'd realise there are all kinds of problems that are fixed and problems still to be resolved with every driver. They might aswell be console gamers cause they seem to think every system is the same and just because they don't have issues, it must mean other's don't either.

13. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    Wow this is a good driver for Dark Souls 3.
    From 362.00 100% gpu usage with stutters to 80-90% super smooth.

14. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Lots of odd issues with light sources flickering with these drivers, affects Fallout 4, GTAV. 364.72 does not have this issue.

15. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    V-Sync On? I noticed that too (GTA 5) but I get it with every driver since 361.V-Sync helps it not be that noticeable for me.Let me rephrase, it's still noticeable but it's not as random throughout the environment I should say.

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Vsync is on, even the steam overlay has an odd flicker. Strange this is I have my custom profiles saved that I import after each fresh driver install. If I load the default profiles that come with the drivers then I don't get the flicker, but I cannot work out which setting is causing the issue.

I downgraded to 364.72, and it also has the issue, I previously thought this driver never had the issue.

17. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    Thanks for the comment. I am at working and was hoping someone would comment about this game. I will have to change drivers now.

18. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    Hey!

Anyone else getting weird behavior of clocks stuck on idle while gaming? Coming back to 3D when alt+tabbing to desktop, but again when going back to game they drop down. Like the logic is upside-down all of a sudden. Same happens with every 364-serie drivers on Gigabyte 670 overclocked model, 362 works fine (and reverted to it for now). Ran DDU in safe-mode and picked only driver and physx from the setup (with all 364-serie drivers). Windows 10 64-bit.

Hopefully that gets fixed/solved somehow in future releases for my personal configuration, since otherwise seems this branch is pretty promising/necessary in future.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Seriously ? I'm not whining or saying stuff which doesn't belong to anywhere. all I care is that it started since 360 version and didn't happen me EVER with all drivers since 30x to 359. So I can't see the reason why would something which happen to almost everyone, would be my fault and only my fault.

And the same goes, Nvidia wants things that takes time. Driver 359 fix that, can you follow up that it could be the drivers above 359 ?

more and more are keep getting that thing. So it's not me , and nvidia want us to do debug stuff.

Staff Account Kenny via Email 04/12/2016 02:57 PM

Please share the system information file + log files from the tool you are using to detect the clock speed.
    I would like to have the log file both when you use the last working 359.00 and with the 364.72 for isolation purpose.

How to collect the system info file
    1) Press 'Windows Key+ R' from your Keyboard to open Run box.
    2) Now type 'msinfo32' inside that box and press enter.
    3) This will bring up the Microsoft System Information utility. With your mouse, left-click over the top menu bar and select "File" and then choose "Save".
    4) Give the file any name you wish and save it to any directory on your hard drive as long as you can remember the location afterwards.
    5) It will take about a minute or two for the file to be created. The default file extension for this newly created file is ".nfo".
    6) Attach the *.nfo file to this support request so that we may review your system configuration.

Regards,
    NVIDIA Customer Care

Does someone have the log of it with 359 and 362+ 364+ ?

So I can send them, I don't have time to do those debugs, I'm using the pc to do things. for all I care they can test it by themselves.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  20. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    since i see we have similar setting the DS3 is working amazingly well with this drivers and stable 60 in both 1080p and 1440p (disable motion blur and antialising in 1440p looks horrible)