GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Interesting the amount of downloads, windows 10 64 clearly ahead.

3. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    I wonder if this will stop the issue of the GPU going in to powersave mode during gameplay and not wanting to clock back up before a reboot... been very annoyed with that.

4. zais

zais Guest

GPU:

5. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    Don't install from GeForce Experience, it tends to break your driver
    install.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. TBPH

TBPH Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 3.5+.5GB
    Is this finally a good one? It better not be the third bad driver this month.

7. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:
    Win 10 users are desperate for some stability and they are willing to try everything :cheers:

8. Will nvidia 364.72 drivers stable version yet

9. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:
    Im running "The Witcher 3" without any problems.
    Also tested the Vulkan Chopper demo.
    Win7x64 btw

10. crashburn162

crashburn162 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Wc
    The division SLI finally works with these drivers, smooth gameplay and higher fps than with single card (as it's supposed to be ) :)

11. Bluedinette

Bluedinette Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 GAMING4
    :bang:
    At least the version 362.00 does not make crach windows10 in 1-15% of load GPU...

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Just wanted to share a pretty messed up experience with these drivers. I had them installed since the day they came out, only played Division and Doom closed beta on them.

Today I played some AC:Syndicate and I noticed in MSI AB OSD that a lot of the stuff was missing or showing 0. I quit and couldn't access nvidia Control Panel, MSI AB wouldn't see my cards no more.

So I did a restart and artifacts started showing up just before freezing, did this like 20 times before I finally booted in safe mode, managed to uninstall the driver with DDU and rolled back to 362.00. I did have one freeze after the roll-back but no more artifacts and all seems stable again.

I just hope these drivers didn't physically mess up my cards because artifacts like that in Windows... I haven't seen those since one of my old cards was about to die.

I'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit, been having the cards OCed since day one and never had a problem, so I'm 99% sure this whole thing was driver related. :3eyes:

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Afterburner won't show things properly after updating drivers until you restart, or at least restart the program itself. As for getting artifacts etc, it's very unlikely that a driver would cause that. The timing of the driver is likely a coincidence, getting driver crashes is one thing, but artifacts are almost always the card itself. Sounds like you need to RMA one or both of your cards. Test them and see if it's one or both.

A side note, there are reported crashes with this driver in Quantum Break which is a hopeless mess on PC. Resolution that's not static and is scaling instead (meaning you're getting scaling 720p no matter what), microstuttering, straight up stuttering, and a 5/6th of your refresh rate frame cap for some stupid reason. Stay away from this game, in fact stay away from the Microsoft Store in general unless it's an exclusive that's shown to work properly.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't think it's a coincidence, I rolled back to 362.00 and all is fine now (so far...), OC works as well. I'll come back here if something changes in the meantime.

This would be such a bad time for the cards to die though lol, with new generation of GPUs coming out in the next 3-6 months. :wanker:

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No stability issues here...

Using Win 10 Pro 64-Bit with 361.91.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Drivers do not cause artifacts which resemble failing hardware unless it's OC related. The best case scenario is that the driver is just exposing your OC as not being as stable as you think it is. That's no big deal, if future drivers are the same just lower your OC a bit.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Funny enough I never got any artifacts in games/benchmarks. So perhaps these artifacts I got in Windows were more related to the freezing that followed immediately after (sort of white stripes on the task tray, nothing crazy like when my 8800 Ultra died, when there were colors and shapes all over lol). Anyway, it's fine now, played some GTA V/AC:Syndicate/Division and done 10+ reboots. One thing is sure though, I will be afraid of updating my driver when the time comes. :3eyes:

18. Creatormaster

Creatormaster Guest

GPU:
    HyperX 12GB
    Video Driver glitch on my GTX 980 G1 Gaming (Windows 7 x64 SP1)
    When I started playing Evolve / Dota 2, I notice that the eyes are very tired and game lags. :bang: Launched MSI Afterburner and it showed that the card operates at frequencies of 2D and transferred to 3D mode for games. So base clock was only 540Mhz.

I do not recommend to install.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080