Asynchronous Compute

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Carfax, Feb 25, 2016.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    is it only because Async? probably not, but it shows maxwell is total fail at dx12 atm, AMD have the advantage three.

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What's entirely true? 970 and 980 were launched a year earlier than 300 series and weren't upgraded in any way since then. The only card which were launched somewhat close to the 300 series is 980Ti - and it is faster than FuryX. There's no doubt that NV can beat AMD's current offerings - it just don't want to for some reason.

Guessed the game before opening the links.
    I wonder what were you saying when the opposite was happening in GearsUE?

Why will it be like that forever? No new h/w will ever come from either of IHVs or?..

It's not that bad for a 980Ti.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As for 970, 980 and 960 - well, the game is a mess technically and seems to lack any optimization for NV's h/w in general. Not sure what async compute has to do with this and pretty sure that DX12 has nothing to do with either.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Shhh..

Dont upset Amd owners, they're on cloud nine again making conclusions by some random benchmarks. :grin:

Btw tnx for benchmark links, overclock.net is a good site they never get it wrong.

Although I wonder what that min fps is.. streaming or saving issue?

5. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well bro, judging by overall benchmarks I'd be totally happy with GTX980Ti for QB.

I don't know why people feel bad about their card at all and think AMD have the upper-hand when it's not true.

1-3fps difference and people are saying Nvidia sucks at dx12...please. hehe.

Should we now say Nvidia is the best at 4K for QB just because of 1fps? AMD sucks? haha! .

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im happy with my card, yeah it was a bit pricey, but its also very cold and quiet and at factory OC 1400mhz+ its faster in any case. Since all those tests were made on stock gpus.

Also this QB is still in a very early stage and exactly that 1-3fps is nothing, Im sure things will change a lot in a month or two..
    Well Im not planing to buy it just yet if at all,.. Not a fan of that MS store and the way it wants me to pay for games, if it had a paysafe card type thing then yeah, but not with paypal (dont have it) or credit card (its not compatible with online paying).

7. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Fan boys will do their thing.

I'm also happy with my cards.

No matter what camp your from, AMD, Nvidia... one thing we can all agree on its UWP being a curse and totally unwanted in the PC space in its current state

8. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I was under the impression QB us framerate locked, anything below 60 goes to 30. Is this not the case?

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Guys don't forget. We're arguing in here about things that most people don't even notice, much less give a sh*t about. It's all in good heart really. Of course a 980Ti is an awesome card, and of course the 980 SLi setup is a beast. And of course my card is the best for the money ever made :D Aren't we all, like adults? No humor allowed any longer?

As for the store, it's a cancer for games. Thank god Microsoft is completely incompetent with anything that has to do with gaming.

10. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    nobody cares about that game, and it's not happening the opossite

isn't that obvious?, some people are so blinded with nv bull**** they can't see a simple fps counter.

Fyi that fps counter is the only one available for dx12.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The store isn't so much a problem as the way the games are actually being packaged. The games should have minimal ties with the store. Certainly not to the point it can dictate features in a game.

If they release the games like steam does, then, everybody would be happy and in time accept it. Right now, it's very limiting for PC gamers and people are right to worry due to the abandonment of gfwl.

I do honestly feel PC gamers are more savvy and do tweak for their systems when things aren't right. This ability to "do-it-yourself" has been taken away from us.

12. Yeah, UWP is still a mess with forced double-buffer vsync, no third-party overlays, and modding not currently supported. MS can have it's own store, but I do not see the point behind the custom API other than another form of DRM with no advantage over the standard WIN32 API, which has a lot more support. UWP does not allow the choice to tweak with customization (tweaking has always been a plus on PC).

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It is but that doesn't mean you can't get different averages. There are 120 and 144 Hz displays as well.

Actually with the state it was launched nobody will care about QB either if Remedy won't fix that **** pronto.

14. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    To be fair mods are supported but the developer has to add built-in support for them in the game itself so it depends how you define "support" I suppose. Also a lot of win32 api stuff is available now in Win10[1].

One of the few issues which currently can't be worked around by developers is the vsync problem. Microsoft has stated they intend to push a fix in a May update for the forced vsync issue.

[1] https://github.com/aL3891/AppxInstaller

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is the lack of asynchronous computer support in the current driver the reason that the R9 390 runs Quantum Break 15-20 fps faster than the GTX 970 as demonstrated here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2BUeYqLVI

Or are NVIDIA's DX12 drivers just plain bad?

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    nvidia dx12 is just bad.

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    haha nice one there dude, you've got issues for sure. Somebody needs a hug.

18. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    not yours for sure

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah you've definately got other issues than me.

As for the topic, anybody not confident with their 980Ti should sell them. Would be interested to buy a cheap one with waterblock, thanks.

20. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Madness! Madness!