Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Remedy's community manager already answered that on the forums a while back.
    Basically, it's out of Remedy's control.

Microsoft are the owners of Quantum Break. They get full control over where and how the game is released.
    This is different from Alan Wake, were MS were publisher... but Remedy were the owners of the IP.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That's a shame, I would have liked to get it.

3. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
  4. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    pre-ordered on xbox live and have yet to receive the win 10 code. should've just watited for win 10 store edition to come out.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have just contacted Microsoft support regarding this key and all I got was the usual "it will be sent within 7-10 business days", which means up to two weeks, and in "waves" according to the support person I spoke to: Jona. He/She said this:

Does not make much sense to me at all given that the game could not be pre-ordered specifically for the PC unless Microsoft are sending out PC codes to everyone who pre-ordered the Xbox One version regardless of whether they want it or not. I guess they must be because otherwise how do they know who (of those that pre-ordered digitally) owns an Xbox One and PC and who only owns an Xbox One?

Still, since digital keys have no manufacturing costs associated with them, I really do not see why Microsoft could not have emailed the PC codes to everyone at midnight on the day of release. It seems like I am being punished for buying the cheaper version at £44.99 rather than paying £49.99 for it on the Window Stores (which if I did I would have downloaded and be playing by now).

Guess that's just Microsoft for ya! :3eyes:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. I do not blame their support. They can only do so much as they are not the ones who make the decisions on key distribution. I actually thought support was very good and the chat began immediately. I kind of knew what they would say though but I was hoping that support could somehow bump me up the key queue a bit. Guess we are all just going to have to be patient but having to wait up to two weeks to play a PC game really is unacceptable IMO (if that is how long it does take but even the current 2-3 days is not great).

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Looks good.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah, when it takes longer to recieve a digital code, than it would to buy a physical copy and have it delivered through your door, there is something wrong somewhere, what are MS doing, growing the codes in some kind of digital garden. lol

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game is good, but this blur..Oh God, it really kills it..

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    playing maxed out settings @ 1440

getting 60fps to 45 which is ridiculous

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Your PC is obviously not powerful enough.

This is sarcasm... maybe

xD

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Nvidia...cough...cough.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    Microsoft really didn't plan this out properly. They were in no way prepared to really handle this release the way it should've been.

Also be prepared, MS's servers are not doing a great job when it comes to streaming the live action TV episodes.

I'm into Act III in game, so I've seen two episodes.
    And, with my connection, I can watch stuff through Netflix, and other streaming services at 1080p with zero issues. Smooth as silk.
    But this, feels like it is jerky whenever the camera is moving with characters, or in fast action scenes.

I hope they eventually give PC players the option to download the episodes for a smoother experience.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I still think it is absurd that you can't. I know they claim the Windows Store does not support it (which begs the question of why no-one even considered this issue?) but surely this is just data for the game itself and could easily be incorporated into the game as bite-sized optional downloads for each episode?

That I could download the entire 75 GB on my Xbox One, a console with a measly 400 GB of usuable hard drive space, but not my PC is just laughable really when I have a PC with around 2.5 TBs of free space!!!

Microsoft are, at times, so far behind everyone else and so out of touch that it defies belief really from a corporation that has been around for, what, the best part of 40 years?

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Went on the windows 10 store

Game isn't even mentioned on the front page, ok, click games, nothing there either.

Advertising at it's finest

really hesitant to pick this up, especially at £45

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's odd.
    It's on the front page when I opened the store, and it's the first game listed on the Games page for me.

I just started Act 4.
    I will say, despite the up-scaling issue, optimization issues... the game itself is fantastic.
    If you are a fan of Remedy's past titles, or their style of game/story telling... you will LOVE this game.

It is a gorgeous looking title.
    The motion capture, facial capture... voice acting and just overall performances are incredibly impressive.
    Add in the details spread through out the world, makes for a great experience exploring and taking everything in.

As for the gameplay, it's typical Remedy. You have action beats, moments of no combat... simple exploration and story telling, plot exposition... stuff like that. And yes, there are some platforming moments, but nothing really in depth or challenging.
    But, the combat, time powers... so much fun.
    Dodging across a room, freezing a couple enemies... loading it up with bullets, then rushing across the room and doing a melee attack to take out final guy... so damn satisfying.

I considering shelving the game until improved drivers come out, or Remedy release an update.
    But, despite it's issues, I'm enjoying it too much to stop without finishing.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    pretty sure it's the always online thing messing up the performance , locking the game to 30fps seems to solve that problem , postfx stuff is taking a lot of performance from th GPU since i can't lower it

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Lauri (Remedy's Community Manager) posted this on their forum in response to a thread I started...

I was sure Remedy would do what they could.
    And, with Alan Wake, it was roughly three weeks after release before the first update was released. So, I know it'll take some time. It's just nice to have Remedy confirm they are working on updates.

Now... if only Nvidia would release a new driver with optimizations and actual driver stability.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Despite what they are saying, the skeptic in me is screaming that this streaming of the cut scenes is nothing more than a new form of DRM/ Anti-piracy mesure, so that there will never be a full PC version of the game anywhere because part of the game will only ever be avalible for streaming from MS servers.

It will be interesting to see if any other games have this, and if so what excuse they will give for it next time.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's not skepticism, that's your tinfoil hat being on too tight. You should loosen that thing up. Not everything is a conspiracy. :p