AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.4.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Pro duo is VR dev card, and every one of those games you mention are an nvidia sponsored or gimpworks game. And yet you wanna blame AMD and not the devs.
    Alrighty then.
    I had 290x xfire till 3 weeks ago. I didnt get rid of them because of issue but because I really wanted a fury X.
    I have only bought 2 games on launch recently, Need for Speed and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    I always usually wait to get a game for at least a month for patches and bugs regardless of single or multi gpu.
    I may just have been lucky, but I never had any xfire issues.
    HD 5770 Xfire,
    HD 7850 2gb xfire,
    HD 7950 xfire,
    290x xfire.
    I actually had way more issues with GTX 970 sli then I ever did with Crossfire.
    SLI was a damn disaster on Win 10 launch with my GTX 670s.

2. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    I never went for mGPU. I could have, but didn't. Why? Figure it out :)
    Everyone that does go mGPU should take that into account. If not, well...you can only blame it on yourself.

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing: (On reddit about R9 380)
    This GPU does not need the toggle. The algorithms controlled by the toggle were never implemented on the 380. You're good.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????

5. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    Whatever man, you can invent whatever lie to defend the pro duo, its not a vr dev card, its a dual fiji card, as was dual hawaii with 295 and 7990 and 6990, it didnt suddenly transform into a pro card, it is what it is regardless what you say it is.

I had a lot of fun with crossfire and I used to have 6970 crossfire as well, with was terrible stutter fest. but now its just hopeless because it doesnt exist ( support ) and no, I wont blame gimpworks and the devs. AMD has to grow some balls and defend their products and support them better. If it means dealing with developers to better support them, its the business.

6. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Don't hold your breath. The last beta is 16.2.1 and we are lucky we even got that. I doubt AMD will put another one out unless a new build of Windows 10 breaks the current ones.

That said I have 16.2.1 on my wife's 6000 series card and the lower overhead gave her a decent FPS boost. I highly recommend them.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

AMD should stop using PR BS at least in their changelog:

Here the problem is not the applications inability to disable CFX but the fail to apply the user choice to disable CFX per application profiles in Radeon Settings.

Applications never disable CFX through Radeon Settings, is Radeon Settings user selection who enable/disable (or not) CFX for applications in global or per application profiles.

They are not only "some" DX9 application, there are also "some" DX10 and "some" DX11 application.

Replace "some" for "almost all using per application profile" and the changelog will be more real.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    those are legacy status products.

be thankful you've gotten anything after 15.12 which they officially said would be the last.

9. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    You have to prepare it by yourself by FLEM. It's not difficult. Anyway it seems pretty pointless cuz you wouldn't gain any improvements or smth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of AMD's team once upon had said that since Omega (or one of later packages) non-GCN wouldn't get improvements - only bug fixes. But still higher driver's version :banana:

10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Yea Im full of lies. So many I bleed green.
    And yes the the pro duo is aimed at VR developers.
    No where does that mean it wont be available to consumers.

Yea lets just act like AMD has had no balls to do anything.
    No games every partnered with AMD gpus, no new tech like HBM, mantle forcing MS to bring DX12, no vulcan, no multimonitor standard for gaming with eyefinity, no hardware tesselation, yea they do dont have any balls to try anything or push anything.
    AMD GPU open forced nvidia to release gameworks stuff to the public.
    No balls there either according to you.

And it is the devs fault as much as the publisher when we get shafted as gamers.

SLI is plauged with issues as well. Its not as "green" as some wish it was.
    But is slightly more user friendly at times.

11. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    All Nvidia games...

EDIT: Hmm.. Project Cars devs denied claims of purposely crippling AMD.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  12. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    See thats a good and a bad thing, nVidia won't typically let people know of known issues and granted most won't see it, but AMD does and can show it being negative even tho they may not own the game in question or experience the issue. So good as you know you won't have to file a ticket as it's a known issue worked on, bad cause it looks like there are loads of issues that they are aware of and working to fix but hasn't thus far. Sooooo

AMD have really stepped up their game tho, man every 4 days theres a new driver quite impressive considering not long ago it would be a month before seeing a new driver, and in all honesty i have never encountered any issues with their drivers but it's always nice to have a heads up.

13. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Just like with Crossfire people on 5xxx and 6xxx cards still need profiles .. especially mobility cards.

But yes ..it is rather pointless to think that AMD will bring enchantments to Crossfire/Hybrid switching when this type of tech is on its way out with DX12.

No point working on broken database "profile" tech.

14. Starfighter2

Starfighter2 Guest

GPU:
    Club 3D R9 280 royalKing
    Not here, I tried everything. Only way around for me is - old driver.

15. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    New Nvidia driver kill cards

Win 7 64bit ULTRA here has test alle driver from AMD,an no bug here

But form vers 16..... ned littel more gpu power to run

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

16. PeraP

PeraP New Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Baby hasn't got hes carrot again.

17. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I reported this via AMD and was told, three revisions ago, that this is a known issue and they are working to resolve it.

For the others, I am getting problems with my GPUs (Stock timings) resetting themselves on Dirt 3, World of Warships on VSR. I'm also getting artefacts on Dirt 3 at the Title Screen.

I'll test with normal resolutions.

***Update: Closed all monitoring tools, same issue. Disabled VSR and ran at 1080p, same issue. Disabled crossfire, fixed the issue.

Will do a clean reinstall with DDU and see if this helps.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  18. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    16.4.1 was Crimsons easiest to set up eyefinity, on my trifire 7970's it runs BF4 mantle awesome. Last 4 Crimson drivers mantle crashed and DirectX ran like hell.

Disabled ULPS and I downclock slightly with Trixx overclocking utility with power slider moved to 20%.

Very Happy

BaNsHiE

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The rabbit died long time ago waiting for CFX support.

I only wrote an epilogue of his biography.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I spent some quality time listening our glorious leader Jen-Hsun Huang kicking off GTC 2016,

then I come back here... and all hell broke lose?!
    WTH