AMD Crimson 16.3.2 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Wait, this isn't April fool joke is it? Wow AMD...

2. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Well try AB first and see if everything works.

3. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Think I'll just leave my 290 at stock! I could only get another 44Mhz out of it anyway lol.

4. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800 XT
    To anyone who owns a R9 280X or a HD7970 which has boost clocks, is 3DMark using boost clocks? Can't get it running with boost clocks, only with the standard.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8063964

Every other game (can't really call 3DMark a game lol) runs with boost clocks.

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  6. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Germany, and the only fury pro cheaper which goes for 450€ is from xfx, and most go for the nitro from sapphire, which sells for 540€. I buy only from mindfactory which is the german version of newegg.

the gigabyte sells for 490€.

Also i just checked the card length and its a whopping 31,5 cm, making it longer 2 cm longer than my r9 290 pcs+ which was a nightmare to install. My case fits long gpus but there is a metal where you install the SSD's which is an annoyance

[​IMG]

7. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    +Fps vs 16.3.1 ?naaa

overdrive Hmm ,after a I edit vgpu i got 200p more whit fire strick an more oc,but to reach the maximum, I have my old block on again.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11469903

8. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I did report it to amd, have a ticket open due to other problems as well. The disabling crossfire and having it work perfect is just in the one game- batman arkham origins. I'm used to odd scaling in games with multi gpu setups haha.

My bigger issue that has persistent since iv had these cards is the black screen and "no signal" from the monitor. It's only certain games and with crossfire enabled. So far it's Alan Wake, Path of Exile, and Ryse: Son of Rome. I can load those games up to the menu, but when trying to get into the save game or new game, the screen just goes black with "no signal" and I have to reset the computer manually. Occasionally I get the desktop with the yellow exclamation mark in the Taskbar saying the driver has stopped responding and has recovered.
    Ryse let's me play for about 1 minute before doing it. All other games that support crossfire run great and I can play for hours with no issue.

Doing some Google magic, I see this has been reported alot with r9 2xx and 3xx cards and Windows 10/crimson. So hopefully they figure it out.

The only work around for now is to completely disable crossfire to play those specific games.

9. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    No amd overclock issues here. I can run my card at 1150 gpu but will notice some screen anomalies in firestrike. So I leave it at 1135 and while scoring more points it behaves the same as on 15.7.1 and previous crimson drivers.
    One thing to be aware of though is that AB and crimson overdrive can give some occasional lockup or driver crash. So disable AB at startup if you want to use overdrive.
    Enabling it to monitor games wont give an issue if you delete the AB oc profiles or let it detect your overdrive settings.

Keep in mind though AB and crimson still isn't a perfect match. You might experience strange behaviour.

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    What is exact version of your r9 380s?

11. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    gv-r938g1 gaming-4gd

12. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Got a legacy card, r5 230 running the latest available 16.2.1.
    But crimson panel don't stop me showing notifications that has a new driver available.
    AMD fix that.

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Try to flash your gaming-4gd with gv-r938g1 bios and check if blanking display in crossfire stops. Also there is bios update available for gv-r938g1, i know it because i'm using G1 version myself.

That's odd issue and shouldn't be happening at all. It may be caused by few things, one of them which comes to my mind at the moment is: game sets out of range resolution and refreshrate.
    Difference in card versions may be affecting it as well, that's why i suggested to flash one of cards with bios of the other one.
    Borrow from someone other display cable and swap it, check if this helps.

Your issue is really odd and i'm really curious of reason for this situation.

14. dharris89

dharris89 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 4GB @ 1066MHz
    Does this version support Vulkan? If so, what games run in Vulkan?

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yes, Talos.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Dragon Age: Inquisition for starters

17. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Vulkan? Since when?

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    well, ok, that's Mantle

19. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I finally had a chance to try these too. They still hang in Dragon's Dogma on W8.1 most of the time. I managed to get the game running a single time out of multiple attempts.

They also broke FreeSync, at least in some cases on W8.1. I tried Vermintide (DX11) and FreeSync was clearly not working. Lots of stutter and tearing all over the place.

I'm reverting once again to 16.2.1 and I don't think I'll upgrade anymore until I'm done playing Dragon's Dogma.

20. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Im confused man, do what now? I have the latest bios already on both cards, as far as I am aware. It is the F51 from the gigabyte website. Do you have a link to the bios that I should try?

And just for troubleshooting, I tried removing the AVR out of the equation and same thing. Different HDMI cable - same thing. Its gotta be drivers or something bios, either mobo or video cards.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016