Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Didn't notice that but I can check on my end when I get home.

2. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    My idle clocks work perfectly in all refresh rates

3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Getting tearing in witcher 3 that wasn't there before near bottom of screen with these. Need to use vsync even though 144hz monitor and running at 60 fps. Strange.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I get that too but in GTA 5 (120hz)...in Win7, capping 60fps + adaptive vsync = no tearing and smooth gameplay in all areas...in Win10, same formula = tearing and lag on the outskirts of LS...began with this driver...at first I thought it was the Vulkan RTL but it's not...checking the in game bench my lowest avg. is 89fps so I capped frames at 81fps and turned off vsync.

Result was no tearing and smooth gameplay all over the map.But I'm waiting to come across a lengthy cut scene to tell for sure if the "judder" that sometimes results from no vsync and +60fps still occurs.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Idles at 135MHz like it's supposed to over here (@120Hz)

6. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I second this, 100hz

7. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    My previous post about 364.72 having black screen issues was apparently false. I thought my son had already updated driver to 364.74 but actually it was still 364.51. And therefore a random crash.

But you asked about performance. I havent benched it comparing to older drivers, but I can give my subjective thought how it "feels" in-game.

I always have fps meter on at all games. And it seems that 364.72 is more responsive than previous versions. Average seems to be a little bit higher in BlackOps3 but I have no actual hard data about this.

Also I have noticed that map load times are faster with 364.72 both in Division and Black Ops 3, so I am definitely keeping 364.72 as current choice of driver. (sorry for bad englando, im from Finland)

8. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    yes... win 7 x64 and gtx 670 amp by zotac here... better driver at moment to me... no doubt

9. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    You don't have SLi. Also I found out it's related to Adaptive/Maximum performance, which should apply to 3D applications only.

When set to Adaptive it goes down like it should. With Max Performance enabled, it's pegged at 2nd clock state with memory frequency on max.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Check what 3D processes you have running and try killing them one by one. This is most likely something running on your machine which prevents the card to go into idle mode.

11. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Nothing that would appear as 3D related process which could interact with Maximum Performance mode. You can tell easily when you enable/disable SLi, control panel will pop a notification that you need to close a certain process to proceed.

I'll just run adaptive, and set Maximum individually through inspector.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Max performance in global profiles, drops the gpu to idle speeds sitting on desktop like it should.

Then again I useing 60hz monitor and dont have sli, 3 months ago there was bug win 10 that got fixed that cause max performance in global profile to not drop to idle gpu speeds when on desktop, maybe they never applied it to sli?

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can tell it much easier by just enabling "Display GPU activity icon in notification area" option in the Desktop menu of NV's CPL. You'll be surprised what you may find there.

14. manny2709

manny2709 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 870M 3GB
    That answer couldn't of been more perfect sir thank you! I'll just take my chances on this one and try it out. I can always go back if I have to. Your English was very good too! :)

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I do, but I popped out my extra card for testing purposes for the past two weeks. Idle clocks worked back then too (though not tried with this driver).

16. Hakuryuu

Hakuryuu Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr
    70FPS in Furmark Stress Test compared to previous drivers (68-69FPS). This driver is definitely a keeper for me.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Mean how I found you current version of setpoint.exe (6.67.83) from logitech mouses was using the gpu?? that notification will come in handy in the future ,actual knew about this beforem considering it was keep my gpu a 3d speeds, if didnt set it to adaptive in in own profiles, but even that way it was using 5%+ of the gpu just running.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    WOW!. SUCH FPS GAINS! Holy cow.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    some people dont grasp the idea of what margin or error

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nvidia Geforce 364.72 Drivers Come With Plenty Of Issues

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/40364-nvidia-geforce-364-72-drivers-come-with-plenty-of-issues