AMD Crimson 16.3.2 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Ok, normally, I don't have troubles installing/updating the AMD drivers, but it didn't work for me using the link provided here for win7(64)... couldn't find my cards or update the drivers for them... and then I tried the one from AMD's site: it worked!

Drivers from the Win7-64 link here : [Guru3D.com]-radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win10-64bitradeon-crimson-16.3.2-win8.1-64bit.exe

Drivers from AMD's site: radeon-crimson-16.3.2-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit.exe

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Thanks for this post...people just don't get it, most of the time it is a developer issue. I have not even bothered to redeem my Division code. AMD cross fire here.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i would guess because the first one doesnt actually have win7 drivers in it, the second one does.

lol

4. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Say that again in french, that would be soo coool. I want to learn french, the women are so delicate. You just wanna eat them with croissants

[​IMG]

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you have issues man...

lol.

His post reads like it was originally translated from french anyway...

6. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I am young and foolish, and i can't resist french, english (from Britain), belgian, brazilian, swedish, and cow girls from southern states (not the red necks, hillbilly, *white trash* ones with sagging tits.)

I find eastern europeans chicks cute but kind of lack either the character or lost their feminine side or just too loud.

Ofc you The Mac couldn't relate, you know with age something something falls something off or something like that :D

I really want to say something useful about this driver, but no gpu at hand to try it on.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Sense of wonder mostly.

lol.

Althogh i do dig "cowgirls" (we call them country girls here - an actual cowgirl means something else entirely)...lol...

8. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    And other SLI users are reporting it works fine, meanwhile 0% of AMD users can use CFX. Same with rainbow six siege, SLI works great for some SLI people, and not so great for others, meanwhile AMD has COMPLETELY disabled CFX in that game.

9. hitman47

hitman47 New Member

GPU:
    R9 300
    anyone else have crashes in unity engine based games after few minutes of gameplay?
    the fault seems to be crimson driver as radeon settings crashes and recovers every time making the game to crash too.(apphang)
    haven't found an exact solution or the real cause to this crimson-unity engine problem yet, except by using(copying) some older driver .dll(aticfx32.dll aticfx64.dll atidxx32.dll atidxx64.dll) to game .exe location

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Sounds like a powerlimit issue. Also check your temps while you play. You might have a slow/dead fan and the card might throttle to avoid overheating.

He's fine. :D

Don't even do that. You can't build anything unless you dig some dirt.

A man deprived of his GPU can get into shock.

11. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    It may be not that stupid as you think. Once upon a time... in the past there was a game called "dark sector", developer by some mistake reverted aspect ratio profiles in game: when in .ini config file aspect ratio is set to 5x4 then game works with 16x9 aspect ratio and other way the same. It has never been patched.
    I do not know how crossfire profiles are built but i think it may be similar case here: profile has defined disabled crossfire and when you disable crossfire profile for the game then you actually enable crossfire.

12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    In MSI AB please try unofficial OC Mode temporarily for 3DMark benching. Due to the videos on the UI it'll lock 3D clocks, so OC isn't correctly applied (and probably in your side, boost clocks). It's the same when a browser or a video player forces the card to a middle clock, and when it changes to 3D clocks it ignores the OC under Overdrive or a 3rd party app using official OC mode.

It also happens on my 7970, where only stock 3D clocks end up benched (without setting AB to unofficial mode), and it's one of the fixes announced in the latest Steam 3DMark beta.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  13. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    Fallout 4 textures start flickering after 10-15 min of gameplay. Anybody else getting this in xfire?

14. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    It is possible, I agree, but when I enable the actual profile or any other options (1x1 optimize, AFR friendly, etc) crossfire still works....just the scaling is horrible and I get massive stutters and frame drops. Monitoring with AB shows this to be true. Its just odd that when I disable the in game crossfire that it works perfectly without any issue....

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks!

I was about to play Dark Sector, the game is in my Steam library since months.

Your post saved me some googling.

:D

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    [​IMG]

Another 300(!!!) points on the graphics score, and another 200(!!!) in the general score in Firestrike. I might even break 10k with a Tahiti!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overhead is still the same, they are optimizing something else, whatever it is it's working.

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    What about actual FPS Gain's in games? :nerd: :)

18. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    There won't be much gain, 200 points in firestrike=0,5-1 fps in reality. Keep in mind at the start of the bench or end the fps can jump way too high changing the score by few 100 points or more. If he runs it again, those 200 points can go to -100 points or go even higher.

So what about games? Well you get a little bit more stable experience, meaning lowest fps rise by 1 or 2 fps depending on the game.

If there was any performance gain in games, they will note it as ''up to 10% performance gain on selected radeon cards'' meaning for you and me and any body won't gain anything, but it is possible that someone out there with a lucky card would notice 2-3 fps gains at most. When higher they will say 50% and shoot for the stars.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Alright, Nice to know that!

My Experience so far is better Since the ''Power Saving'' Toggle came out,
    Fallout is more stable (no drop's so far) and it is smooth as butter, (16.3.1)
    Previously i had a lot of drop's and laggy situation's.
    Now i can say my money for the card is well spend! :cool:

Lets see what future hold's (DX12 / HDR). :banana:

20. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    You are welcome :)
    Save yourself even more ;-)
    http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Sector
    With this and other games check this site for such things.