AMD Crimson 16.3.2 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Create a game profile and set the CrossFire setting to "AFR compatible". This should enable CrossFire for games without an associated application profile.

Ever since they removed the checkbox, Crossfire didn't work for ESO and Anno 2205. It really sucked that they removed the checkbox, but the AFR compatible seems to do the exact same thing as the checkbox. However, you have create a profile for every game, to enable it. The checkbox was much better.

2. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    I know that problem with Gigabyte cards, I've bought 3 of them :D.
    The ghz edition after a month won't work at 1000MHz (default on core) and I've downclocked it.
    Those BIOSes are not about clock, but about vRAM latency.
    Give it a try :)

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I'm tempted to test later today :p any articles or threads dedicated to what you're talking about? Sounds very interesting. Because better latency with RAM improves performance significantly in some cases, so it would be interesting to see the result with vRAM & better latency ;)

I just increased my Core from 1050Mhz to 1060Mhz and got:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11436171

I haven't used the MOD Bios you mentioned yet though. I'll test it tomorrow when I wake up :banana:

Worst case scenario I'll just use the BIOS Switch.

Edit

I'm reading about the "Stilt" BIOS, and according to threads I found they're designed for Bitcoin Mining, not for gaming. Apparently on the 290x it increases performance to upto 50% in mining, with lower temperatures too. But it decreases gaming performance by 50% according to that one thread. So the person using it was switching between the Default BIOS & Stilt version and restarting his PC depending on whether he was gaming or mining.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Be careful. Last benchmark you got 92xx graphics score and now you got 90xx, so look into that. For instance, i get 96xx and you should be at that range.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    That's;

92xx @1100/1450 (which is not stable for normal usage)
    vs
    91xx @1060/1400 (which seems stable thus far).

Normally my score has been:

899x @1050/1400 and that's for the past few months.

On the latest drivers I've finally hit the 90xx mark. On 16.3.1, the previous driver, I had 9002 @ 1050/1400

6. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    I've pmd you. I've read everything about his work and on Tahiti is a different story. 290 has recently gained the right timing tunings by backporting the 390 ones and I ensure you they give you a boost: http://www.overclock.net/t/1564219/modded-r9-390x-bios-for-r9-290-290x-updated-02-16-2016

I bet a coffee you will get some improvement if you flash the right one. (ID must match the original BIOS of you card).
    Give me your paypal and stop esitate :nerd:

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Asynchronous Shaders Evolved + New Feature in AMD 16.3.2 Drivers : Quick Response Queue (QRQ)

More here -> My space in Guru3d

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Damn wish I could have played with 390 bios on my 290 crossfire before I sold it for my fury x.

Thats quite a boost.

9. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Doesn't work for ALL games, R6:Siege for instance it won't work at all.

10. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Didn't we already talked about this? Can't remember if i said it, but a game that doesn't support CrossFire won't support CrossFire, no matter what you do.

AFR compatible will only work for games that would work with the checkbox. It doesn't magically fix games that don't support CrossFire.

EDIT: if only have tested ESO and Anno 2205. So maybe there are some games that work with the checkbox, but not with AFR compatible. I certainly can't tell.

11. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Or you could have your xfire work like mine with Batman Arkham Origins, where there are massive stutters no matter what xfire option you use, but then you disable xfire in the game profile and instead of disabling it, the game magically works perfectly with perfect scaling on BOTH cards.....

So it seems that all you have to do is disable crossfire in the game profile to get crossfire to work....But seriously, its just for that one game. Still is stupid. These drivers do the same.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Anybody tested it in New HitMan or AoSingularity?
    Should give another 10-15% :D

And somebody with Oculus or HTC shold give it a try also :)

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Hm, I see. So it's now automatically enabled, I guess.

14. CrisanT

CrisanT Guest

r9 280x Core clock via Firestrike

Everything ran fine with the new drivers, update went flawless, but, there is an issue with my card, and this behaviour is not related to the latest drivers.
    I have the Sapphire R9 280x Vapor X clocked @ 1070 MHz (factory) but in firestrike, the GPU clock wont go higher than 950MHz, AIDA 64 reports 950MHz, MSI Afterburner reports 950MHz. While the graphic score is in normal range 92xx, i find it strange that it wont boost to 1070 under firestrike. Checked profiles in AMD Overdrive, everything is set to default (1070 MHz core, 1550 memory) so, i dont get it. :)
    Anybody having the same issue?

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    YES its Old and odd New 3Dmark13 Bug, witch they never fixed :bang:
    I don't use 3Dmarks anymore (too much $$$ in it and it ain't True bench IMO)
    I prefer to Test
    CryEngine Games or
    FrostBite Games or
    New UE4 Games :)
    I'm happy with my GPU/CPU combo :nerd:

But now it's Time for BIG Polaris HBM (Northern Star, Ursa Maior or Polar Bear we don't know the Name yet :) ) and after that ZEN with Sabertooth AM4+

16. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    And again, under Win 8.1 x64, HITMAN™ crashing to desktop constantly with current 16.3.2 driver release. Same was with 16.3.1, except this time flickering shadows appeared again. Basically, a level loads, a couple seconds passes and "HITMAN™ experienced an error" pops up. So far, the only stable drivers for me is 15.12 when playing HITMAN™.

Don't know what to do. Reinstalled drivers multiple times with DDU and without DDU, same effect. Re-checked directx and vcredis, that comes with HITMAN™ installation. Re-checked game files for corruption. Disabled all possible game overlays, Steam and Raptr. No effect. What am I missing here?

17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    the problem is not from AMD... sadly it is in Division.
    no one neither from AMD or NVidia (as they have the same issue in multi GPU) can solve it... only a Division's patch can do it.

about OpenGL issue... well it's a long storie with AMD lol

18. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Nvidia driver that came out a day before these 16.3.2 drivers has SLI working now...

19. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    as an NV user the only thing i can said is that is better but still horrible, sttttttttetering :), artefact... cannot be worse.

It act like a cure on a woodleg.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ramp up the power limit to 20% in AB and see if it boosts to 1070.